Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 388407 times)

Cliffh

• friend
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2225 on: February 03, 2022, 07:47:12 PM »
Locally gas had been around $3.06 for a couple weeks, just recently it went down to $2.99, then to $2.98 where it's been for about 5 days now.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2226 on: February 04, 2022, 07:39:50 AM »
When I passed the Global yesterday afternoon, gas was back down to $3.39.

The Exxon station I've mentioned a number of times over the years? The one with no other stations around it on that stretch of road so... LAST GAS!!!! TANK UP OR DIE SCREAMING!

They're sitting at $3.99 for regular, and $4.79 for high test. I laugh every time I pass that station. It's a damned rare thing to see someone actually getting gas there.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2227 on: February 04, 2022, 07:47:03 AM »
West Texas Intermediate just topped $92 a barrel.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #2228 on: February 05, 2022, 06:00:20 PM »
$2.93 for unleaded today at a small pop and mom convenience store.  Near Fort Knox, Ky

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2229 on: February 07, 2022, 01:07:57 PM »
At Sam's Club

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2230 on: February 24, 2022, 12:29:53 PM »
Gas went up 20 cents a gallon overnight after Russia invaded the Ukraine.  It had already gone up 30 cents over the last three weeks.  We're at $3.59 on average locally.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2231 on: February 24, 2022, 12:42:12 PM »
Just checked Gas Buddy.

Prices have spiked HARD.

All of the local stations are over $4 a gallon now except one, and it's at $3.999.

Glad that I tanked up this past weekend.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2232 on: February 24, 2022, 01:09:11 PM »
I just got back from Costco and it was $3.39 there, and $3.62 in town. I filled up in town a few days ago and it was $3.58, so the spike hasn't hit here yet.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2233 on: February 24, 2022, 01:14:18 PM »
I just got back from Costco and it was $3.39 there, and $3.62 in town. I filled up in town a few days ago and it was $3.58, so the spike hasn't hit here yet.

I should go fill up the truck before the prices go up.  Or at least put 20 gallons in (it's pretty low. OTOH I have not been driving it)
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2234 on: February 24, 2022, 01:35:43 PM »
$3.21 at Louisville Sam's
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2235 on: February 24, 2022, 01:36:22 PM »
At Sam's Club

Stickers are still there  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2236 on: February 24, 2022, 08:33:01 PM »
Low test at Murphy's is at $3.15 today.  It was $3.06 two days ago.  $3.19 at a couple other stations.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2237 on: February 25, 2022, 07:18:09 AM »
I'm not sure what was going on with Gas Buddy yesterday. It showed prices had spiked to well over $4 a gallon all over Northern Virginia.

When I went home last night prices at all of the local stations were... completely unchanged from what they had been earlier in the week. $3.45 to $3.65 range depending on the station and location.

Gas Buddy is STILL showing prices over $4 a gallon, including at the Global station down the street from me (used to be the Citgo). Price on the sign when I passed it less than an hour ago was $3.49 a gallon.

Prices are also showing over $4 a gallon in Mathews, Virginia, where Castle Key lives, and that really makes me wonder if someone isn't attacking Gas Buddy's pricing information. The price in Mathews is always 40 to 50 cents less than here in Northern Virginia.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2238 on: February 25, 2022, 08:04:16 AM »
Prices are also showing over $4 a gallon in Mathews, Virginia, where Castle Key lives, and that really makes me wonder if someone isn't attacking Gas Buddy's pricing information. The price in Mathews is always 40 to 50 cents less than here in Northern Virginia.

Could very well be. Gasbuddy prices here match my reporting. Manipulation is always an issue with crowdsourcing though.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2239 on: February 25, 2022, 10:05:09 AM »
Up 10 cents today to 3.39
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2240 on: February 25, 2022, 11:40:15 AM »
Gas went up 20 cents a gallon overnight after Russia invaded the Ukraine.  It had already gone up 30 cents over the last three weeks.  We're at $3.59 on average locally.
Overnight - yeah. The stuff in their storage tanks suddenly cost them more. Instant price hike. But once oil prices go back down, it will take 8 weeks for the cost at the pump to go down due to the length of the supply chain. 

This kind of crap has been going on since the '70s.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2241 on: February 25, 2022, 12:46:32 PM »
$3.20 per gallon yesterday. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Grebnaws

• friend
« Reply #2242 on: February 25, 2022, 02:03:51 PM »
$3.90 in central IL. Chepeast I've seen in a month was $3.65.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2243 on: February 26, 2022, 08:27:33 AM »
$4.19 for 91 no E
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2244 on: February 26, 2022, 12:28:34 PM »
OK, after 2 or 3 days, the prices being reported on Gas Buddy for my area of Northern Virginia are once again matching what the station signs are actually showing.

Still not sure what that was about, but I did notice the same user names reporting the higher prices for multiple stations.

Prices have gone up 5 to 10 cents a gallon over the past few days, though, but nothing near approaching the $4+ prices that were being reported in the wake of Donald Trump's invasion of Ukraine. Thank God we have Brandon in charge!

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2245 on: February 26, 2022, 09:04:08 PM »
FWIW, my gas expenses:

2021     Jan  $209.11     Feb   $97.16
2022     Jan  $209.57     Feb  $160.69

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2246 on: February 26, 2022, 09:39:02 PM »
$3.29 pretty much everywhere in my part of NE Oklahoma.

Thanks Joe,  you feckless piece of *expletive deleted*it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2247 on: February 26, 2022, 09:48:59 PM »
In the last 2 weeks, prices here have gone up $.60/gal., from $3.399 to $3.999 for most stations.  A few are still at $3.699 or $3.799 but most are higher.  This is in SW IL-ANNOY near St. Louis, where we have to use that "special gas" during the summer.  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2248 on: February 26, 2022, 10:52:33 PM »
I had been paying $3.299 at BJ's for several weeks. I filled up Thursday at the same BJ's and it was up to $3.409. Other stations along my commute are charging $3.899.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2249 on: February 26, 2022, 11:10:01 PM »
Gas actually came down a little here at many stations
- Calvin and Hobbes