Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 388251 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2625 on: May 17, 2022, 08:46:38 AM »
I occasionally see cash v credit pricing in Virginia, but I saw it a lot more frequently in Pennsylvania when I lived there.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2626 on: May 17, 2022, 12:41:55 PM »
$4.49 here in SW Ohio now.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2627 on: May 17, 2022, 02:22:02 PM »
Still "only" $3.89 here in NE Oklahoma this morning.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2628 on: May 17, 2022, 04:52:06 PM »
$5.05 at fred meyers for 87 octane ethanol
$5.50 at chevron for the same
$6.05 at local for 87 octane clear gas
~$6.10 diesel most places

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2629 on: May 17, 2022, 04:53:17 PM »
Global station down the street from me, which is generally 10 to 20 cents cheaper than the Shell and the Sunoco around the corner, just price matched them at $4.49 a gallon.

That means that Shell and Sunoco will be price jumping in a day or two.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2630 on: May 17, 2022, 07:00:49 PM »
Whoops, pardon me...

The price at the Global, which was $4.49 a gallon when I went to work this morning, is now $4.59 a gallon.

I'm so glad that we have that selfless paragon of for the people virtue President Brandon in our corner fighting greedy big oil.

Who knows what the price might be had he not declared war on big fossil fuel, all to keep us safe and sound!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2631 on: May 18, 2022, 09:22:20 AM »
Looks like Washington State is catching up to California:

https://twitchy.com/foundersgirl-313133/2022/05/18/record-high-gas-prices-washington-state-spots-new-digits-at-the-pump/

Interestingly, I saw a story on "working class" Mono County in CA topping $7/gal. "Working class" is a bit of s stretch. Mono includes the resort town of Mammoth, which especially in recent years, with telecommuting, is full of rich people buying $700K condos. I used to go fish in Mammoth at least once a year, and gas has always been outrageous there, a big part of it being transporting the gas there in the first place.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2632 on: May 18, 2022, 10:37:32 AM »
Remarkably, gas here continues to hover in the $4.55ish region at the local stations. Costco is only ten cents cheaper (usually closer to twenty cents).

Diesel is about $1 higher here at around $5.60. I just saw a report that it's running $7+ in New Jersey. Transportation is just going to keep going through the roof. I was looking at maybe having to go to CA for a couple of days soon, and checking airfares, they are close to double compared to last Summer. Obviously covid fear somewhat depressed airfares last year, but double is whack.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2633 on: May 18, 2022, 10:55:50 AM »
Greedy goddamned oil companies...

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2634 on: May 18, 2022, 11:00:41 AM »
Greedy goddamned oil companies...

Yep, we need to raise the gas tax to punish them
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2635 on: May 18, 2022, 12:45:47 PM »
That will show them!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2636 on: May 18, 2022, 03:39:26 PM »
$5.21 for super duper unleaded.

Related note: lobster meat is $68/pound.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2637 on: May 18, 2022, 03:42:24 PM »
I'm scared!!!!

I am flying to Iowa tomorrow to pick up my new truck. I sure hope they put a full tank of diesel in it for me!!

Then I will be in Estes Park Friday and Saturday, winter storm warning, some forecasts are for 5-8 inches of snow!

This may turn into quite the expensive adventure!

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2638 on: May 18, 2022, 04:07:49 PM »
Related note: lobster meat is $68/pound.

Holy crap! Kinda sucks I'm not 1/2 mile from the ocean anymore. I used to get my lobster for free.  :laugh:

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2639 on: May 18, 2022, 11:13:37 PM »
Despite the electioneering stunts by Gov. "Jabba" in Illinois of "temporarily" dropping the gas tax, most stations in this area are now up to $4.899 with one station (for the moment) already at $4.999.  This shouldn't surprise anybody but that station is a BP station.  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2640 on: May 19, 2022, 07:01:30 AM »
The jump in fish prices that started when the world started to shut down was pretty dramatic.

When I was spending time with Castle Key at his place in coastal Virginia in March through May 2020 the local fish monger was having lots of problems getting fish, and what he was getting was jumping hard in price. And it's not really backed off much at all.

The price of crab meat last Christmas was just freaking eye watering.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2641 on: May 19, 2022, 10:36:28 AM »
And, North Pacific Cod fillets are on sale at my local grocery.

Price is now $7.99 a pound on sale.

Up a dollar a pound since the last time they were on sale several weeks ago.

Sigh.

Let's go Fishy Brandon.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2642 on: May 19, 2022, 01:31:29 PM »
$5.03 for 93 octane here today.  Cost $80 to fill up the Mercedes today.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2643 on: May 19, 2022, 01:45:54 PM »
"Mercedes"

You have a MERCEDES?

Well obviously you can afford to be taxed at 195% of your total assets, you privileged rich bastard.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2644 on: May 19, 2022, 05:11:02 PM »
Quote from: K Frame link=topic=45957.msg1355326#msg1355326 > date=1652982354
"Mercedes"

You have a MERCEDES?

Well obviously you can afford to be taxed at 195% of your total assets, you privileged rich bastard.

I buy lease trade ins at half the cost….. =D

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2645 on: May 19, 2022, 06:57:20 PM »
Holy crap! Kinda sucks I'm not 1/2 mile from the ocean anymore. I used to get my lobster for free.  :laugh:

I'm only 10 miles from the ocean.  Plenty of lobster here, but they are about $15/lb live.

A friend in CT sent me a photo of king crab legs for $60/lb.  Guess it is good I don't like lobster or crab.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2646 on: May 19, 2022, 07:22:49 PM »
I buy lease trade ins at half the cost….. =D

Fine! We'll tax you at 193.5%!

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2647 on: May 19, 2022, 09:31:06 PM »
Murphy's (usually the lowest around) was at $4.27 w/diesel at $4.99 when I drove by today.  The Exxon & Valerjo (sp) were less at $4.19.

Watching a bit of Hannity this evening, he mentioned that gas rationing was being discussed "at the highest levels of government".  Wonder what they're gonna say when I show up with six 5 gallon cans to fill.  Mowing my yard takes a lot of gas.  (30 gal is about 1/2 what we use per year).

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2648 on: May 19, 2022, 10:01:15 PM »
It was still $3.89 a gallon for regular unleaded North of Tulsa yesterday. $3.92 in Tulsa.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2649 on: May 20, 2022, 10:23:26 AM »
I think this admin put the names of the stupidest people they could find in a hat and just started pulling them out and putting them in charge. We are headed to $10 plus a gallon.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/05/19/manchin-exposes-insane-biden-plan-on-oil-leases-during-haaland-testimony-n567194

Make sure to watch all the short videos.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG