Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 387953 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2650 on: May 20, 2022, 10:26:30 AM »
I think this admin put the names of the stupidest people they could find in a hat and just started pulling them out and putting them in charge. We are headed to $10 plus a gallon.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/05/19/manchin-exposes-insane-biden-plan-on-oil-leases-during-haaland-testimony-n567194

Make sure to watch all the short videos.

The oil companies need to be punished for this.............getting out
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2651 on: May 20, 2022, 10:48:55 AM »
I think this admin put the names of the stupidest people they could find in a hat and just started pulling them out and putting them in charge. We are headed to $10 plus a gallon.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/05/19/manchin-exposes-insane-biden-plan-on-oil-leases-during-haaland-testimony-n567194

Make sure to watch all the short videos.

She must have gone to school with Kamala Harris. I wonder what her student loan debt is?  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2652 on: May 20, 2022, 11:41:08 AM »
WATCH: Sen. Manchin asks Interior Secretary Deb Haaland about memo cancelling oil drilling leases.

MANCHIN: "It looks like you all are going to shut everything down."

HAALAND: “I am sorry. I am sitting in this hearing..."

MANCHIN: "My God."

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1527411444035244039
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2653 on: May 20, 2022, 11:44:58 AM »
Nope! Nope nope nope! Not the administration driving up gas prices! That's a chimera to protect the greedy oil companies!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2654 on: May 20, 2022, 11:57:26 AM »
Meanwhile at the Dept of "Energy"

The Department of Energy said Thursday it will release $3.5 billion to groups developing direct air capture and other technologies that remove carbon dioxide, which when released into the atmosphere causes global warming.
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/05/20/biden-dept-of-energy-investing-3-5-billion-on-machines-they-hope-will-do-the-job-of-trees/
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2655 on: May 20, 2022, 08:07:36 PM »
I just put $45.01 of regular, the "cheap stuff", in my ¼ full 2013 Ford Escape, WTF?!?!?!?!
(Shreveport, LA, Raceway at Buncombe and the bypass)
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2657 on: May 22, 2022, 07:49:32 PM »
$227.01.

Had to fill the gas cans.  Hit the $75 mark 3 times.  The fourth time was disappointing - pump shut off at $2.01.  53.425 gals at 4.249/gal.

That may be enough to keep the lawn under control for the rest of this year, but I doubt it.

I may end up doing some controlled burns this year.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2659 on: May 23, 2022, 10:30:56 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2660 on: May 23, 2022, 10:32:25 AM »
E-15 is back under $4 at $3.979
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2661 on: May 23, 2022, 10:41:15 AM »
$3.89 yesterday afternoon.

RBOB spot is at $3.81 this morning.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2662 on: May 23, 2022, 10:45:38 AM »
$227.01.

Had to fill the gas cans.  Hit the $75 mark 3 times.  The fourth time was disappointing - pump shut off at $2.01.  53.425 gals at 4.249/gal.

That may be enough to keep the lawn under control for the rest of this year, but I doubt it.

If I was using that much gasoline to mow, I'd be checking at a farmers coop type establishment to buy dyed off-road gasoline.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2663 on: May 23, 2022, 10:54:02 AM »
If I was using that much gasoline to mow, I'd be checking at a farmers coop type establishment to buy dyed off-road gasoline.

I don't believe I've ever seen offroad gas around my AO, or I would have bought some. Offroad diesel is already not that common. I have to drive 45 min for it. Ethanol free gas is a lot more common.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2664 on: May 23, 2022, 10:56:58 AM »
$227.01.

At some point, would it be cheaper to get a cow and deal with the manure?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2665 on: May 23, 2022, 10:59:34 AM »
At some point, would it be cheaper to get a cow and deal with the manure?

Goats are probably easier and don't mind eating the weeds that cows won't touch. I've been thinking about a couple of wether goats to handle some of the stuff I have to use the brush hog, rather than the lawn mower on.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2667 on: May 23, 2022, 11:37:41 AM »
I saw $4.15 at the station near my house.  That's a record, I've never seen over $4 gasoline in the KC area before.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2668 on: May 23, 2022, 01:38:01 PM »
I don't believe I've ever seen offroad gas around my AO, or I would have bought some. Offroad diesel is already not that common. I have to drive 45 min for it. Ethanol free gas is a lot more common.

I do live in corn and soy country, probably no more than 20 miles from any given direction where one can get dyed off road fuels. Also about every gas station will have some sort of ethanol free gasoline for sale.

I only mow 15k sq feet of turf, on a rainy year when I mow twice a week in May and June, I might use 8 gallons of fuel between my rider and push mower. Normally I around 5 gallons.  The 14hp Kawasaki engine in my John Deere rider sips the fuel.

I almost bought an 15 acre acreage when I was looking for a new residence, I didn't because it needed way too much money thrown at it to make it habitable. If I would of bought it I would of gotten a 100 gallon fuel tank and had the Coop deliver off road fuel for on acreage use.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 02:05:40 PM by charby »

Uranus is a gas giant.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2669 on: May 23, 2022, 01:53:47 PM »
I hope we don't have a real emergency come up. He's going to tap the diesel reserve next.

I use about 4-6 gallons doing my yard and driveway. I need to get some more today I'll see what it's going for.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2670 on: May 23, 2022, 04:40:51 PM »
Up to $4.65 at the Global down the street.

The Shell and Sunoco are going to be more expensive.

I'm thinking mid to high $5 a gallon here in Northern Virginia by Labor Day.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2671 on: May 23, 2022, 04:59:18 PM »
I almost bought an 15 acre acreage when I was looking for a new residence, I didn't because it needed way too much money thrown at it to make it habitable. If I would of bought it I would of gotten a 100 gallon fuel tank and had the Coop deliver off road fuel for on acreage use.
I should probably look into this.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2672 on: May 23, 2022, 05:21:16 PM »

I was thinking about it at my place, but I only use maybe 150-200 gallons of gasoline a year for equipment and ATVs, and didn't want to be maintaining the tank, worrying about condensation, etc. I just keep four 5 gallon gas jugs and four 5 gallon diesel jugs, and just fill them as needed when I'm doing a trip to the offroad diesel place.

If I had a bigger tractor and used it more than the 4-5 hours a week that I do, I might have considered a diesel tank.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2673 on: May 23, 2022, 06:30:07 PM »

Check with your state, you may need to apply for a permit with the state to purchase tax exempt fuel. If 100 gallons is too little of an amount for a delivery, you could look into a 100-200 gallon tank on a trailer and go get it.

Uranus is a gas giant.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2674 on: May 23, 2022, 06:33:46 PM »
Still hanging in at $3.86 for regular.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams