Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 387350 times)

Cliffh

• friend
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2700 on: May 31, 2022, 04:59:07 PM »
Low test has actually gone down over the last week or so; it's down to $4.13 as of last evening.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2701 on: May 31, 2022, 05:04:12 PM »
Low test has actually gone down over the last week or so; it's down to $4.13 as of last evening.

The calm before the bore hogging...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2702 on: May 31, 2022, 06:03:35 PM »
$4.19 so $101.52 to fill up and I still had six gallons left.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2703 on: May 31, 2022, 06:41:13 PM »
Up 30 cents today to 4.59, 5.29 for the no ethanol premium that my Kawasaki C14 needs.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2704 on: May 31, 2022, 07:48:07 PM »
Gotta take another cross-country trip; this time to Alabama.  We'll be driving the Honda, which gets pretty good gas mileage but not as good as the Ford Focus.  I just topped off the tank with E15 for $4.04 a gallon; that's the cheapest price in town.  Most gas here is about 4.25 for regular.  Really not looking forward to this trip, and the gas prices are a big part of it.
"It's good, though..."

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2705 on: May 31, 2022, 08:55:27 PM »
Up $0.40 here today. From $4.39 to $4.79 just like that.  :facepalm:

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2706 on: June 01, 2022, 12:28:56 AM »
Spent time in six states this weekend. Lowest I saw was $3.79 but I have a feeling that price wasn’t current. Lowest I believe was $4.07. Most was ~$4.29.

Came home to $4.75-$4.89.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2707 on: June 01, 2022, 10:39:31 AM »
Just for kicks, I looked at California on Gasbuddy. Well over half the state is over $6. Some places are over $7. The places under $6 are closer to $6 than to $5.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2708 on: June 01, 2022, 09:36:18 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2709 on: June 01, 2022, 09:42:19 PM »
$4.09 tonight. Couple of store around pushing $4.30. One place across town at $3.99 but not worth the drive to save two bucks.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2710 on: June 01, 2022, 09:49:56 PM »
$4.99 around town now
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2711 on: June 03, 2022, 11:57:40 AM »
Stores on the main drag near me went up thirty cents yesterday.
Blog under construction

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2712 on: June 03, 2022, 12:05:08 PM »
I paid 4.99 for regular in Metropolis, IL yesterday.  That's the most I've ever paid in my life, even in Hawaii. (FJB!, but part of that is probably just Illinois)  It was a little cheaper when I got to Kentucky, and now in NE Alabama it's about 4.39 to 4.59
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2713 on: June 03, 2022, 12:05:21 PM »
$4.84 a gallon at the Sunoco near my house. The other stations will be following along in a few days.

And the price of both crude and RBOB continues to move higher, even after OPEC said it would expand production to take pressure off the markets.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2714 on: June 03, 2022, 01:47:55 PM »
A couple of days ago, stations in this area jumped to $5.099 !!  :facepalm: [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2715 on: June 03, 2022, 02:31:36 PM »
Up 30 cents today to 4.59, 5.29 for the no ethanol premium that my Kawasaki C14 needs.

$4.69 for the 89 octane mid grade grade unleaded I filled my BMW RT with yesterday.  The nonethanol was $5.09.
BMW says I can run 87 octane with max 15% ethanol but my preference is nonethanol
I couldn't tell any loss of performance but I'm not running it hard.
Regular unleaded was $4.299.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2716 on: June 03, 2022, 03:13:50 PM »
If I use non-ethanol, I notice a very nice boost in mileage. Not really performance, but hey... Likely 10% or more...

When I was driving over the road, if I had a chance to fill with standard diesel, not biodiesel, I would also get a nice boost in fuel economy.
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2717 on: June 03, 2022, 04:51:29 PM »
If I use non-ethanol, I notice a very nice boost in mileage. Not really performance, but hey... Likely 10% or more...

When I was driving over the road, if I had a chance to fill with standard diesel, not biodiesel, I would also get a nice boost in fuel economy.
Advocates for ethanol dilution of gasoline claim there's only a 3% loss of fuel economy . . . they lie.

When mandatory ethanol dilution was first phased in, both I and ALL my colleagues - at least, those paying attention - found roughly a 10% fuel economy penalty.

I WISH I could get undiluted gasoline locally.  :mad:

In any case, during my last fill up I was soaked $4.199 for regular. I saw diesel was over $5. FJB.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2718 on: June 03, 2022, 04:51:55 PM »
...aaaaaaand RBOB just hit $4.30.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2719 on: June 03, 2022, 05:02:12 PM »
Chevron CEO says there may never be another refinery built in the US.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/chevron-ceo-oil-refinery-built-u-s
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2720 on: June 03, 2022, 06:14:56 PM »

Frigin' big oil! This is why our leader has to go to Arabia to beg for oil. If only these evil oil tycoons would do what the government over-regulates, we wouldn't be in this fix!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2721 on: June 03, 2022, 09:02:55 PM »
Low test here went up again - from $4.13 to $4.45.  Non-ethanol is available at the same station, for an additional $0.50 per gallon.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2722 on: June 04, 2022, 07:46:48 AM »

"The Biden administration has sought to ease the rising prices by releasing a record 180 million barrels from the already-depleated Strategic Petroleum Reserve over six months starting in March, and by urging both foreign and domestic producers to increase output."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Biden mantra...

"Please produce more oil.... SO WE CAN TELL EVERYONE WHAT *expletive deleted*ing EVIL BASTARDS YOU ARE FOR DESTROYING OUR PLANET! WE DECLARE WAR ON YOU!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2723 on: June 04, 2022, 07:49:09 AM »
Frigin' big oil! This is why our leader has to go to Arabia to beg for oil. If only these evil oil tycoons would do what the government over-regulates, we wouldn't be in this fix!

Now now, everyone knows that Uncle Joe is a friend of the average man who feels your pain at the pump... (and revels in it).

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2724 on: June 04, 2022, 07:49:24 AM »
Even if it means higher gas for me, I really hope the Arabs tell Brandon to *expletive deleted*ck right off.