Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 388316 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2725 on: June 04, 2022, 07:57:04 AM »
Even if it means higher gas for me, I really hope the Arabs tell Brandon to *expletive deleted*ck right off.

They did, repeatedly, last year. At one point the Saudi oil minister apparently refused to take Biden's phone call where Biden was going to delivery yet another completely racist plea for the apparently less human brown Saudis to pump more oil so the more human white Americans wouldn't have to pay so much (and we wouldn't produce more here, because, you know, I'm Joe Biden, and I'm going to DESTROY fossil fuel!)

Hell, last summer the Saudi oil minister said there was an easy solution to American needing more oil... we could pump it ourselves. What did the Biden administration do in response? Made it even harder for American producers to... produce.

But of course Joe Butt.... Butter... Buttery... Buttinbutt... whatever his name is... has the solution... Just buy an electric car! Electricity grows on trees! It will be free!

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2726 on: June 04, 2022, 08:02:33 AM »

But of course Joe Butt.... Butter... Buttery... Buttinbutt... whatever his name is... has the solution... Just buy an electric car! Electricity grows on trees! It will be free!

I'm still looking for a free electric car tree let alone a free electricity tree to plug to it into.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2727 on: June 04, 2022, 08:05:33 AM »
I'm still looking for a free electric car tree let alone a free electricity tree to plug to it into.

That sounds like straight white gay hating racist talk! You're a horrible person for doubting the Joes!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2728 on: June 04, 2022, 08:08:01 AM »
Low test here went up again - from $4.13 to $4.45.  Non-ethanol is available at the same station, for an additional $0.50 per gallon.
And yet, the cost of producing ethanol is higher than the cost of refining oil into gasoline - ethanol-diluted gas drove prices UP when it was introduced.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2729 on: June 04, 2022, 08:10:21 AM »
And yet, the cost of producing ethanol is higher than the cost of refining oil into gasoline - ethanol-diluted gas drove prices UP when it was introduced.

Government thumb is on the scale via subsidies.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2730 on: June 04, 2022, 08:12:37 AM »
I always fill the cars up on the first of the month. When I filled the first one, it was 4.74. when I came back 10 minutes later to fill up the second one, it was 4.79.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2731 on: June 04, 2022, 09:18:10 PM »
My wife filled up at the Marysville Costco today at $ 4.89/gallon.  I filled up today at a Chevron station in Marysville five miles from Costco at $ 5.45/gallon.  Fortunately, I was filling up the Zuma 125, so it only cost me a bit over $ 6.00.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2732 on: June 04, 2022, 09:49:41 PM »
Well, I have a source for most of the rear end for a trike "motorcycle."

Probably going to try to set it up to have "wheel hub motors" to drive the thing.

And a bunch of batteries. Will probably start with some big lead-acid suckers, but as I have the time/cash, will move to lithium ion...

First I gotta move the damn milling machine from in front of my garage door, while getting my van in shape for an interstate drive...
Blog under construction

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2733 on: June 05, 2022, 08:15:00 AM »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #2734 on: June 05, 2022, 09:03:00 AM »
$5.37 for 87 oct in Mesa AZ

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2735 on: June 05, 2022, 09:12:59 AM »
Some place near San Francisco is charging $10/gal.

That's like from dystopian future movie from the 70s where they thought they were way exaggerating that possibility for artistic effect. Now we're living it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2736 on: June 05, 2022, 09:40:29 AM »
Anyone play Deus Ex?  A dystopian computer game set in 2052?

One level featured a gas station.   =(

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2737 on: June 05, 2022, 09:52:44 AM »
Gas prices are actually cheaper during the apocalypse
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2738 on: June 05, 2022, 11:12:12 AM »
Gas prices are actually cheaper during the apocalypse
Uh . . . with doddering old President Hunter Biden in office, maybe they're selling it by the pint in 2052?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2739 on: June 05, 2022, 11:35:21 AM »
$4.469 for E-15.

$5.209 for 91 no E.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2740 on: June 06, 2022, 11:32:39 AM »
Joe, The Corn Pop Slayer, Biden is on the case
With Solyndra part ][
Gas should start coming down in a couple of hours

:facepalm:

Biden will take executive action to ramp up domestic energy production (no, not of oil & gas)
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/06/06/biden-will-take-executive-action-to-ramp-up-domestic-energy-production-no-not-of-oil-gas/

- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2741 on: June 06, 2022, 01:55:37 PM »
Joe, The Corn Pop Slayer, Biden is on the case
With Solyndra part ][
Gas should start coming down in a couple of hours

:facepalm:

Biden will take executive action to ramp up domestic energy production (no, not of oil & gas)
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/06/06/biden-will-take-executive-action-to-ramp-up-domestic-energy-production-no-not-of-oil-gas/

Will "The Big Guy" be getting his 10% I wonder?  Will Hunter be involved in any negotiations with the Chinese commies?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2742 on: June 06, 2022, 02:09:39 PM »
E-10 is $5.049 this AM, finally broke $5 here.

Uranus is a gas giant.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2743 on: June 06, 2022, 02:17:58 PM »
$4.49 for E10
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2744 on: June 06, 2022, 02:47:30 PM »
$4.89 here now. I read this morning that we will likely break $5 average locally by the end of the week.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2745 on: June 06, 2022, 03:51:40 PM »
Still $4.69 on average in the Hickory, NC area, though one Murphy station we buy gas at bumped up four cents overnight to $4.68.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2746 on: June 06, 2022, 06:13:07 PM »
5.199 here in W. Michigan today.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2747 on: June 07, 2022, 07:46:10 AM »
$4.96 at the Sunoco near my house.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2748 on: June 07, 2022, 07:50:03 AM »
I guess we didn't last till the end of the week. Gasbuddy shows that we broke $5 most everywhere first thing this morning.

"The best economy in the history of the United States!"

- Brandon

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2749 on: June 07, 2022, 07:55:51 AM »
July 2008 price of oil hit $147 a barrel and national average at the pump was around $4 per gallon.

Why is $120 barrel oil equating to near $5 per gallon pump prices?

Uranus is a gas giant.