Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 388592 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2800 on: June 13, 2022, 06:44:17 PM »
White House Attempts To Distract From High Gas Prices By Putting Up Wacky Inflatable Tube Men In Front Of Price Signs
https://babylonbee.com/news/white-house-attempts-to-distract-from-high-gas-prices-by-putting-up-wacky-inflatable-tube-men-in-front-of-price-signs

With the idiot administration we currently suffer under in office, I had to check twice to make sure that was a Babylon Bee story.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2801 on: June 13, 2022, 06:50:23 PM »
With the idiot administration we currently suffer under in office, I had to check twice to make sure that was a Babylon Bee story.

Well, yeah.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2802 on: June 14, 2022, 02:40:30 PM »
$5.09 yesterday, $5.15 today. Though I was still able to get it for $4.99 at Costco this morning. I doubt that will last till tomorrow though.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2803 on: June 14, 2022, 07:37:51 PM »
If he doesn't have any knee pads to take with him I'm sure ______ can spare a set or two

Joe Biden to visit Middle East allies amid strains
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-61803192
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2804 on: June 14, 2022, 08:04:13 PM »
Dropped to $4.55 from around $4.66 this week.  Color me shocked and amazed.  Don't expect it to last, however.

Amazingly, it dropped another three cents to $4.52 at our go-to station this week.  Color me even more shocked and amazed.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2805 on: June 14, 2022, 08:38:24 PM »
As I suspected, the Sunoco station is now at $5.09, matching the Shell across the street.

And the Global around the corner from them is up to $4.99.

The Exxon from hell near my office that I've talked about at various times is up to, IIRC, $5.69 for regular unleaded.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2806 on: June 15, 2022, 08:17:55 AM »
It’s going to be ok. Brandon is essentially threatening to nationalize refineries today so I am sure that they will make more gas.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2807 on: June 15, 2022, 08:23:32 AM »
It’s going to be ok. Brandon is essentially threatening to nationalize refineries today so I am sure that they will make more gas.

More taxes
More regulations
Then suspend their license for some obscure environmental reg
Then haul the CEO before congress to grill him on why they're hurting the American people
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2808 on: June 15, 2022, 08:43:33 AM »
He going to do that with an executive order? 

I haven't seen any details.  My understanding is the crude oil market is high.  Refineries making more gasoline won't necessarily lower prices. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2809 on: June 15, 2022, 08:44:11 AM »
Something tells me that the Supreme Court would knock that down so quickly that Biden wouldn't even have time to have some kids rub his hairy legs.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2810 on: June 15, 2022, 09:06:22 AM »
First he blames Putin
Then he blames the oil companies
Then says he going to punish the oil companies

Biden threatens oil companies with 'emergency powers' if they don't boost supply amid inflation spike
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-threatens-oil-companies-emergency-powers-supply-inflation
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2811 on: June 15, 2022, 09:13:56 AM »
Political theater.  The president needs to be seen by the public as addressing their concerns about fuel prices.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2813 on: June 15, 2022, 06:09:41 PM »
Did a 3 state loop ride on my RT today. I topped off with corn free premium @ $5.39. Regular was $4.49 at that station and that price was fairly common in rural NE oklahoma. Saw $4.56 to $4.63 in SW Missouri and SE Kansas
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2814 on: June 15, 2022, 09:18:17 PM »
Once you hit Pittsburg you were only 40 miles or so from the house. It was $4.69 on the Kansas side up here today. I need to run to Butler in a few days and will see what it is there. 
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2815 on: June 15, 2022, 09:47:42 PM »
Biden Energy Secretary’s Message to Americans Suffering Because of High Gas Prices: Brazilians Pay the Same Amount For Gas (VIDEO)
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/06/biden-energy-secretarys-message-americans-suffering-high-gas-prices-brazilians-pay-amount-gas-video/

“If you were in Brazil, you’d be paying the same amount for gas…” Granholm said.

The video is just a few seconds.  It is pretty much as bad as it sounds. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2816 on: June 16, 2022, 04:50:36 PM »
The Biden admin: It's the oil companies fault for not drilling
Also the Biden Admin: We don't need no stinking drilling we need more refinery capacity
Also Also the Biden Admin: You can't build no stinking  refineries

Jean-Pierre on drilling more in the US: 'We don't need to do that'
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/jean-pierre-drilling-more-us-we-dont-need-that
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2817 on: June 16, 2022, 05:27:50 PM »
We're all glad the adults are in charge, and have restored normalcy and norms and normativity.

Also, no mean tweets, just drag queens reading us story-books.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2818 on: June 16, 2022, 07:51:13 PM »
Once you hit Pittsburg you were only 40 miles or so from the house. It was $4.69 on the Kansas side up here today. I need to run to Butler in a few days and will see what it is there.

Didn't make it any farther North than Baxter Springs. Haven't been to Pittsburg in year's. Made a few late night trouble calls to the telco CO there.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2819 on: June 16, 2022, 09:25:58 PM »
We're all glad the adults are in charge, and have restored normalcy and norms and normativity.

Also, no mean tweets, just drag queens reading us story-books.

They are not reading them to us, they are reading them to 2nd graders.  (not sure if they are still wearing strap-on dildos while doing so or not)

It does beg the question, why are we not reading story-books to 2nd graders.  And would we even be allowed to?  Maybe you have to be an obvious pervert to be allowed access to kids.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2820 on: June 16, 2022, 09:28:12 PM »
It does beg the question, why are we not reading story-books to 2nd graders.  And would we even be allowed to?  Maybe you have to be an obvious pervert to be allowed access to kids.

Sounds about right for 2022.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2821 on: June 16, 2022, 09:29:07 PM »
^^^My wife tells me that her school district welcomes volunteers to do things like reading to the kids. There is probably nothing stopping you from volunteering.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2822 on: June 17, 2022, 10:12:16 AM »
I was just talking to my cow guy, who drove to my place from the gas station. $175 in his little one ton diesel before the pump shut off, and he was only 2/3 full.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2823 on: June 17, 2022, 11:15:51 AM »
Oil and RBOB are in a huge fall right now.

Crude is down over $6 a barrel on recession fears, according to CNBC.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2824 on: June 17, 2022, 11:20:59 AM »
Oil and RBOB are in a huge fall right now.

Crude is down over $6 a barrel on recession fears, according to CNBC.

Praise be to Biden, his plan is working to lower gas prices.
Just required wrecking the economy
- Calvin and Hobbes