Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 387210 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2950 on: July 14, 2022, 03:41:38 PM »
Gassed up today at Exxon - price was $3.979/gallon.

It kind of feels like seeing .223 at just under $500/1000 . . . still WAY too high, but not as insane as $650/1000.

(Are we seeing a Putin Price Cut, or is the dwindling possibility of a Biden second term giving the industry hope for the future?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2951 on: July 14, 2022, 04:46:59 PM »
I just paid $4.70 a gallon for drunken 87.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2952 on: July 14, 2022, 09:07:29 PM »
Exposing the Gas Stations for Ignoring President Biden & Gouging the Price of Gas  - Alex Stein
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMkYYtoOxXI

=D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2953 on: July 14, 2022, 09:19:35 PM »
Just filled up for $3.93.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2954 on: July 16, 2022, 09:08:55 AM »
Biden says his talks were a success and that the Saudis will help us out. Just now on the TV, I saw the prince say that SA is about tapped out on production capacity and that the US and others need to look somewhere else.

So much for the fist bump.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2955 on: July 16, 2022, 09:13:08 AM »
Biden says his talks were a success and that the Saudis will help us out. Just now on the TV, I saw the prince say that SA is about tapped out on production capacity and that the US and others need to look somewhere else.

What Joe Biden says happened and what really happened are frequently two very different things.
Guess which one the MSM will say happened.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2956 on: July 16, 2022, 11:15:33 AM »

Biden: I asked the People of Color of Saudi Arabia to increase their oil production to help me keep my Democratic majorities in the House and Senate.

Reporter: Mr. President, how about increasing US production of oil to help ourselves?

Biden: Well, that's racist because it harms People of Color and it's also a well known fact that you can't drill your way to lower gasoline prices.

Reporter: ......

Biden: .....

Reporter .....

Biden: word salad...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2957 on: July 17, 2022, 10:29:13 AM »
Business Insider, so they're sympathetic to the Biden admin of course. Yet, the kingdom buying lots of Russian oil is a thing I was unaware of.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/commodities/russia-saudi-arabia-oil-fuel-energy-sanctions-inflation-ukraine-2022-7
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2958 on: July 17, 2022, 03:20:26 PM »
Just southeast of St. Louis, prices are ranging from $4.699 to $5.099.
Of course, this is in IL-ANNOY where the governor has forced stations to put political messages on pumps about he has "delayed" the gas tax for several months.  Station owners are reminding people that "Gov. Jabba" is the same "fat cat" who doubled the gas tax a couple of years ago.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2959 on: July 17, 2022, 08:41:31 PM »
Chevron on my corner is still $5.30 for E-10, and $6.699 for diesel.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2960 on: July 17, 2022, 08:45:09 PM »
$4.02 Sams
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2961 on: July 17, 2022, 10:10:55 PM »
Discount club price for unleaded regular was $4.199 on Friday. Exxon station between there and home was $4.659
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 10:38:47 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2962 on: July 17, 2022, 10:25:54 PM »
Saw $3.96 for regular E10.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2963 on: July 18, 2022, 09:17:34 AM »
$3.92 at the Murphy's we frequent on US321.  It was $3.96 at the Raceway just up the road from our house.  I go there on occasion when I have no plans to drive up around the Murphy's.
There are some stories in the media that demand destruction is behind the downward trend in gas prices.  All of the stories say demand destruction is usually temporary.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2964 on: July 18, 2022, 09:27:30 AM »
Crude oil and RBOB are freaking thumping today.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2965 on: July 18, 2022, 12:05:18 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2966 on: July 18, 2022, 07:30:54 PM »
Stopped at the local Murphy's to fill the truck & two 5 gal cans with E10, and got 7 gal of non-ethanol for the generator.  Total was $137.25.

The E10 was $3.819/gal and the sober gas was $4.309/gal. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2967 on: July 19, 2022, 06:33:02 PM »
Keep going dudes, you're doing great prep for November:

Pete Buttigieg:

“The more pain we are all experiencing from the high price of gas, the more benefit there is for those who can access electric vehicles”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2968 on: July 19, 2022, 07:52:17 PM »
$3.60 per gallon today when I filled up.  Around 20 cents up from a month ago.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2969 on: July 21, 2022, 08:46:32 AM »
Crude is down between $3.50 and $4 a barrel right now.

RBOB is down to $3.10.

Just got an e-mail from Senator Warner, Virginia, who's crowing about improving conditions turning for the Dems in the upcoming election.

WE'RE NOT ONLY GONNA WIN, WE'RE GOING TO IMPROVE OUR LOT AND WIN BIG!

I want that *expletive deleted*ck to eat those words and choke on them in November.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2970 on: July 21, 2022, 08:48:59 AM »
Hopefully enough people recognize a now very familiar pattern during the latter half of election years to not be fooled by that.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2971 on: July 21, 2022, 09:24:50 AM »
Hopefully enough people recognize a now very familiar pattern during the latter half of election years to not be fooled by that.

Wishful thinking.

People are stupid.

OH! I'M PAYING 5 CENTS LESS A GALLON FOR GASOLINE OVER THE LAST 3 MONTHS! ALL HAIL BRANDON'S WONDERFUL STEWARDSHIP!

Ignoring, of course, the fact that gasoline has double in price under that stewardship.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2973 on: July 21, 2022, 09:44:48 AM »
They're been screaming that for probably close to two decades now.
The Obama admin just didn't have the guts, or the stupids, enough to push it openly.
In fact I seem to remember $10 was the magic number.
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2974 on: July 21, 2022, 10:40:47 AM »
And the left finally makes its true nature known...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-must-stop-fall-gasoline-prices-set-5-gallon-minimum-combat-climate-change-bloomberg-op-ed
EVERY SINGLE SOLUTION TO THE SO CALLED GLOBAL WARMING EMERGENCY INVOLVES DEMOCRATS STICKING THEIR HANDS IN MY POCKET TO TAKE MORE MONEY.

Based on their actions, bad weather is caused by the money in my pocket, and good weather comes from transferring it from my pocket to theirs.

%$#@&!% grifters aren't even pretending any more.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain