Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384596 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #525 on: November 30, 2015, 09:30:00 AM »
Jumped to $1.75 overnight.

From what?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #526 on: November 30, 2015, 09:52:38 AM »
Haven't seen what it is right now but the place I paid $1.25 for is in a price war with the Murphy/Wal-Mart across the street.  This morning it was $1.64.

Not sure if it's just local, but the one here had $0.10/gallon off up to 15 gallons if you bought 3 20oz Big Red sodas for $4.75.  I wanted a Big Red anyway, and my car only holds 12gallons so I got the gas for $1.439/gallon.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #527 on: November 30, 2015, 11:34:44 AM »
Down to $1.93 at the local Raceway, $1.94 at the Wilco/Hess.  $1.92/$1.93 was the last bottom.  It's been dropping a penny or two every few days for a while.  I wonder if we'll hit the previous low price?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #528 on: November 30, 2015, 01:30:17 PM »
From what?

$1.65 I think.

Not sure if it's just local, but the one here had $0.10/gallon off up to 15 gallons if you bought 3 20oz Big Red sodas for $4.75.  I wanted a Big Red anyway, and my car only holds 12gallons so I got the gas for $1.439/gallon.

The reward cards here work on a point system based on how much you spend at the grocery store.  When you redeem you are held to a 20 gallon limit.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #529 on: November 30, 2015, 04:30:35 PM »
We've dropped back below $2 a gallon at a lot of places in Northern Virginia. Of course, there's one station near me that's still $2.50 a gallon, an Exxon with no other stations on that strip for a couple of miles in each way.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #530 on: November 30, 2015, 04:41:38 PM »
The reward cards here work on a point system based on how much you spend at the grocery store.  When you redeem you are held to a 20 gallon limit.

If you've got the points, is there anything to stop you from shutting off at 20 gallons and starting again with the next batch of points?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #531 on: November 30, 2015, 05:49:27 PM »
If you've got the points, is there anything to stop you from shutting off at 20 gallons and starting again with the next batch of points?

I think there's a timeout limit on transactions at one station on one card within one day.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #532 on: December 01, 2015, 01:39:10 PM »

Once you swipe the card however many points that are on the card are used up.  You then have to accumulate them again.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #533 on: December 01, 2015, 04:48:06 PM »
Once you swipe the card however many points that are on the card are used up.  You then have to accumulate them again.

Good reason for each person in the household to have a separate card and divide up the shopping list to put points on each.

Not that it would ever be relevant to me; the car only holds 12 gallons, and I rarely carry more than the 5 and 2 gallon can, so I max out at 19 plus what the filler neck holds.

ramis

• friend
  • Rawr!
« Reply #534 on: December 01, 2015, 09:35:41 PM »
I paid $1.56 at Costco in Grand Rapids, MI today.
The limerick, peculiar to English,
Is a verse form that's hard to extinguish,
Once congress, in session,
Decreed it's suppression,
But people got around it by writing the last line without any rhyme or meter.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #535 on: December 02, 2015, 02:51:14 PM »
West Texas Intermediate crude has broken below $40 a barrel, and it looks like it's going to stay there; down almost 5% for the day. Pretty much the same for Brent.

Even better, both gasoline and heating oil futures are down over 6 cents a gallon.

Unless something happens at the OPEC meeting Friday, I think we'll be seeing prices at the pump and home fuel oil tank dropping again.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #536 on: December 05, 2015, 08:45:12 AM »
I'm heading to Charlottesville to a friends housewarming this afternoon. Going to be interesting to see what gasoline prices are. I've got about 130 miles range left on the tank of gas I have in the Outback, I'm thinking I'm going to hold off as long as I can to fill up.

There's a Sheetz on the way to Charlottesville that usually has pretty good gas prices.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #537 on: December 05, 2015, 08:54:31 AM »
Holding steady in the mid to high 1.60's here.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #538 on: December 05, 2015, 11:31:24 AM »
Bummer. Looks as if prices have tightened up considerably between here and there.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #539 on: December 05, 2015, 08:51:27 PM »
$1.90 tonight. That's the lowest I've seen in many years.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #540 on: December 05, 2015, 10:57:06 PM »
My favorite local station hit $1.91 today, two cents below the previous bottom.  It's $1.89 just a couple miles up US321 in Caldwell County.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #541 on: December 06, 2015, 07:41:16 AM »
I paid $1.82 at the Southern States station south of Warrenton, Virginia. Best I saw on the drive was $1.79.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #542 on: December 07, 2015, 10:13:47 AM »
Oil, gasoline, and heating oil futures are dropping hard today.

The OPEC meeting Friday essentially turned into an untamed monkey circus, and adjourned in chaos.

A number of analysts are now predicting sub $60 a barrel oil into 2017 or even longer.

And the wheels are really starting to come off Venezuela's oil revolution.

Happy news on all fronts!

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #543 on: December 07, 2015, 10:29:40 AM »
$1.65 this week.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #544 on: December 07, 2015, 01:26:30 PM »
Oil, gasoline, and heating oil futures are in absolute free fall right now. Oil's in the high $37 range, and gasoline and heating oil are both in the $1.20s per gallon range.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #545 on: December 07, 2015, 04:51:50 PM »
I saw E-85 for $1.55 on I-35 near Ames, IA.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

drooby

« Reply #546 on: December 10, 2015, 09:05:31 AM »
$1.82 if I drive across the border into VA
$1.89 if I support the local station right by my house in NC

grampster

• friend
« Reply #547 on: December 10, 2015, 09:15:20 AM »
Our trip from Michigan to Florida 10 days ago was a joy when it came to gas prices.  Gas was under $2.00 all the way.

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #548 on: December 10, 2015, 09:18:27 AM »
Running $1.60 - $1.64 or so a gallon at the QT's around town.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #549 on: December 10, 2015, 06:08:21 PM »
I filled up both vehicles at $1.65/$1.63 this week, but the price came up today.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife