Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384609 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #1975 on: March 29, 2021, 03:47:04 PM »
Still below $3 a gallon at my location stations, but not by much.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1976 on: May 08, 2021, 12:05:42 PM »
Colonial Pipeline company was hit with a cyberattack.  No prediction yet as to impact on gas prices on the East Coast.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/energy/colonial-pipeline-cyberattack-closure

If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1977 on: May 08, 2021, 12:57:14 PM »
I had an appointment at the VA hospital on Tuesday. Price for regular when I drove by one of the stations I use as a reference was $2.959. I had another appointment on Thursday. Price at the same station was $2.999.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1978 on: May 08, 2021, 02:57:36 PM »
Prices have pretty much not budged here in Northern Virginia for the past month and a half. The station nearest my house is at $2.859, the Shell down the street is at $2.939, but I buy from there because I have rewards points on my grocery card. Filled up last week for 80 cents off a gallon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1979 on: May 08, 2021, 04:42:11 PM »
Even with the high taxes here in Michigan we hovered around $2.20's-$2.30's with a bump up and then down again.  We've been celebrating Creepy Joe's first hundred days by having it creep up...$2.90 today.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1980 on: May 08, 2021, 04:49:14 PM »
$3.29 in town, $3.19 at the Costco. Usually there is a bigger difference between Costco and my town station. Usually closer to $0.20.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1981 on: May 08, 2021, 04:53:06 PM »
Seeing a bump of about 15 cents to $2.64 in the last week or so.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1982 on: May 08, 2021, 07:47:19 PM »
The local Murphy went up $0.20/g over the last week, $2.48 to $2.68.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1983 on: May 09, 2021, 01:02:49 AM »
$2.68 in the Tulsa area.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1984 on: May 10, 2021, 08:38:35 AM »
Expect prices to spike

One of the nation’s largest pipelines, which carries refined gasoline and jet fuel from Texas up the East Coast to New York, was forced to shut down after being hit by ransomware in a vivid demonstration of the vulnerability of energy infrastructure to cyberattacks.

The operator of the system, Colonial Pipeline, said in a vaguely worded statement late Friday that it had shut down its 5,500 miles of pipeline, which it says carries 45 percent of the East Coast’s fuel supplies, in an effort to contain the breach. Earlier Friday, there were disruptions along the pipeline, but it was not clear at the time whether that was a direct result of the attack or of the company’s moves to proactively halt it.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2021/05/10/why-gas-prices-could-spike-big-league-soonand-will-bidens-crew-address-it-today-n2589189
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1985 on: May 10, 2021, 06:43:53 PM »
IL-ANNOY just east of St. Louis, MO, jumped to $3.199 several days ago.  Some have gone down a few cents but others have gone even higher to $3.239.  Today, they range from $3.059-$3.219/gal.
St. Louis city has prices ranging from $2.689-$2.799 (stlouisgasprices.com - use ZIP code 63110 and pick a station).
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1986 on: May 10, 2021, 07:25:58 PM »
Just filled up at Sam's Club in Louisville $2.84
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1987 on: May 10, 2021, 07:45:46 PM »
Sounds like it's gonna take a short term jump for part of the South and East after that ransomware hack. I saw Biden signed an emergency declaration for 17 states.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1988 on: May 10, 2021, 07:56:04 PM »
AV gas went up .50 cents last month.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #1989 on: May 10, 2021, 08:56:08 PM »
My house is about 8 miles from a huge pipeline terminal/storage for the upstate of SC. It’s fed by the Colonial pipeline. Our wonderful *expletive deleted*ing reporters just couldn’t resist running their damn mouths about it today so as of this evening everybody and their cousin is filling up every car and jerrycan they own. This will of course create an immediate shortage as all the stations go dry.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1990 on: May 10, 2021, 09:51:12 PM »
Have fun walking to work.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1991 on: May 10, 2021, 09:54:59 PM »
Made a ~250 mile circle through E Texas today.  I couldn't keep track of every station we passed, but I don't recall seeing any that were above ~$2.90 for regular.

If only it will stay in that price range....

zahc

• friend
« Reply #1992 on: May 10, 2021, 10:33:55 PM »
Wow, I must be in a bad spot. I just drove from Idaho to Utah to Nevada. Locally it's 3.10-3.20, but the stations out in the remote places are 3.50 or so.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1994 on: May 11, 2021, 12:15:22 AM »
Will trade sheet of plywood for gas

Just kidding

Will trade gas for a sheet of plywood
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1995 on: May 11, 2021, 12:27:48 AM »
2020 - Toilet paper
2021 - Gas
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1996 on: May 11, 2021, 12:57:27 PM »
$3.38 this morning in town.

Side note, I guess because the New York Times can't see any gas stations from their downtown NYC high rise windows, they are saying that there are no gas lines and no stations are running out of gas. That's all just conservative lies!  :laugh:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/05/11/absolute-garbage-liars-nyt-blasted-for-gaslighting-like-nobodys-business-in-desperate-piece-whitewashing-obvious-gas-shortage/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1997 on: May 11, 2021, 01:07:07 PM »
Tried to check GasBuddy and it's jammed
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1998 on: May 11, 2021, 01:13:07 PM »
As I am typing this, my wife is waiting in line at the gas station waiting for her turn at the pump.  She is back just a couple of cars, fortunately.  A gas truck is making a delivery and the attendants are taking the bags off the pump nozzles.  I expect they will run out again pretty fast.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1999 on: May 11, 2021, 01:15:35 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes