Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384668 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2600 on: May 14, 2022, 07:12:22 AM »
It just jumped about $0.25-30 here...

And the woke folk keep saying that it is to encourage people to buy electric cars.

Guess what? Electricity is gonna go up too.
Blog under construction

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2601 on: May 14, 2022, 08:35:42 AM »
Electricity is going up, and so is the cost of electric cars.  Lose, lose, lose situation.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2602 on: May 14, 2022, 08:48:10 AM »
Plus we would have to spend $$$$$ to upgrade our house supply.
Not to mention our electrical grid just can't handle the load. Expect the dems to introduce a $$$$$$$$ upgrade bill.
And what about apartments and condos?

But that's okay, the elites pushing this don't even notice the 3k+ electric bill every month just for their 10 car garage so what 's your problem?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 09:01:12 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2603 on: May 14, 2022, 09:12:31 AM »
Well if they'd just tax one billionaire at a fair share this country could afford to upgrade the whole electrical grid and give everyone a free electric vehicle and electric charger!

And it would cure inflation, too!*

*Brought to you by Democrats don't understand the first *expletive deleted*ing thing about economics.com

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2604 on: May 14, 2022, 09:20:36 AM »
Well if they'd just tax one billionaire at a fair share this country could afford to upgrade the whole electrical grid and give everyone a free electric vehicle and electric charger!

*Brought to you by Democrats don't understand the first *expletive deleted*ing thing about economics.com

Usually if I get into a discussion with one of those if you take rich people's money you can pay for everything.
Me: What about the next year. How are you going to pay for everything afterwards.
Them: You take their money
Me: What money? You already took their money.
Some get it some don't.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2605 on: May 14, 2022, 09:22:01 AM »

You must have read Brandon's latest statement:

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

United States government official
You want to bring down inflation?

Let’s make sure the wealthiest corporations pay their fair share.
4:02 PM · May 13, 2022·Sprout Social
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2606 on: May 14, 2022, 09:41:45 AM »
$80 a week for me to get to/from work, $60 a week for my wife. Almost $600 a month.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2607 on: May 14, 2022, 10:04:01 AM »
Now some democrats are talking about price controls on gasoline. Who the hell is running policy - someone they hired out of Zimbabwe?

I'm not a fan of Big Oil, but I'm pretty sure the profit Exxon/Shell/BP/Etc make on each gallon of gasoline sold is less than the taxes collected on each gallon.

Imposing price controls would only assure shortages on gas that make the current shortages on baby formula look trivial. So we'd be trading expensive gas for NO gas.

With this administration . . .  maybe that's the point.  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2608 on: May 14, 2022, 10:06:55 AM »
Now some democrats are talking about price controls on gasoline. Who the hell is running policy - someone they hired out of Zimbabwe?

I'm not a fan of Big Oil, but I'm pretty sure the profit Exxon/Shell/BP/Etc make on each gallon of gasoline sold is less than the taxes collected on each gallon.

Imposing price controls would only assure shortages on gas that make the current shortages on baby formula look trivial. So we'd be trading expensive gas for NO gas.

With this administration . . .  maybe that's the point.  :facepalm:

With this, plus shortages on critical items like baby formula*, it certainly seems we are trying to emulate Venezuela.

*[tinfoil hat firmly in place] It was interesting to see a map on the baby formula shortages and see that many liberal coastal states are not as affected as other areas. Oh, also that there is plenty of formula at the Southern border.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2609 on: May 14, 2022, 11:11:15 AM »
Usually if I get into a discussion with one of those if you take rich people's money you can pay for everything.
Me: What about the next year. How are you going to pay for everything afterwards.
Them: You take their money
Me: What money? You already took their money.
Some get it some don't.

Well obviously they'll just make more money that we can take again, you racist homophobic fascist!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2610 on: May 15, 2022, 12:50:42 PM »
Saw a range of $4.16 to $4.39 while running around today after church.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2611 on: May 15, 2022, 01:44:11 PM »
Just checked, gas is ~$5.25 to $6 in Sacramento right now.
So for a gun you get 8-9 or so gallons of gas
Yeah....

Sacramento Wants You to Turn In Your Gun for a $50 Gas Card
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sacramento-wants-you-to-turn-in-your-gun-for-a-50-gas-card/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2612 on: May 15, 2022, 01:48:19 PM »
Question just popped into my head.
Will they even bother to try to catch let alone arrest you for stealing 8-9 gallons of gas in CA?
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2613 on: May 15, 2022, 05:21:01 PM »
I just drove from SE Texas to SE Minnesota.  Got back this afternoon.  Gas prices in Texas were about $4.20 a gallon.  Texas was the most expensive state, but not a lot higher than the others.  In Arkansas I filled up for $4.05 a gallon.  And in Missouri and Iowa I saw gas occasionally at $3.99 or even $3.89, but only when I had a mostly-full tank already.  I think I paid $4.09 in Missouri.  It's higher in Minnesota but I haven't seen that many stations so don't have a feel for it; maybe $4.20?  gasbuddy.com says it's $4.09 at Costco and Fleet Farm, and $4.24 at most other local stations in Rochester.

Most of the Texas stations had separate prices for cash and credit.  Usually 10 cents difference, but sometimes 20.
"It's good, though..."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2614 on: May 15, 2022, 10:05:55 PM »
Is it going to get worse? Yes

https://dailycaller.com/2022/05/12/united-states-diesel-fuel-inventories-prices/

American diesel stockpiles have been depleted while prices have surged to record highs, leading to higher prices for consumers.

“I wouldn’t be surprised to see diesel being rationed on the East Coast this summer,” John Catsimatidis, the CEO of United Refining Co., told Bloomberg on Wednesday. “Right now inventories are low and we may see a shortage in coming months.”

“What we’ve seen this year has been the capabilities to turn oil into diesel and gasoline and jet fuel have diminished,” Jacques Rousseau, a managing director at Clearview Energy Partners, told The Daily Caller News Foundation in an interview.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2615 on: May 15, 2022, 10:19:23 PM »
Oh joy
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2616 on: May 16, 2022, 07:16:46 AM »
Isn't the answer obviously?

Electric big rigs!

Get with the green program, you racist bastards!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2617 on: May 16, 2022, 09:20:25 AM »
I just drove from SE Texas to SE Minnesota.  Got back this afternoon.  Gas prices in Texas were about $4.20 a gallon.  Texas was the most expensive state, but not a lot higher than the others.  In Arkansas I filled up for $4.05 a gallon.  And in Missouri and Iowa I saw gas occasionally at $3.99 or even $3.89, but only when I had a mostly-full tank already.  I think I paid $4.09 in Missouri.  It's higher in Minnesota but I haven't seen that many stations so don't have a feel for it; maybe $4.20?  gasbuddy.com says it's $4.09 at Costco and Fleet Farm, and $4.24 at most other local stations in Rochester.

Most of the Texas stations had separate prices for cash and credit.  Usually 10 cents difference, but sometimes 20.
Never noticed any credit/cash separation where I get gas.  I mostly pay at the pump, but I would think that would be posted.  I will have to look for it. 

I traveled from Nevada back to Texas in early April.  Texas was the cheapest by far.  Gas was up near $5/gallon in Vegas.  A little better in Arizona and New Mexico, but not much.  Guess it depends on where you are.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2618 on: May 16, 2022, 09:21:59 AM »
Never noticed any credit/cash separation where I get gas.  I mostly pay at the pump, but I would think that would be posted.  I will have to look for it. 

I haven't paid attention, but I don't think I have seen the cash/credit thing here. In CA it was all over the place.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2619 on: May 16, 2022, 09:24:47 AM »
I haven't paid attention, but I don't think I have seen the cash/credit thing here. In CA it was all over the place.

I see cash/credit prices for diesel at Pilot truck stops on I-35 in Iowa.

I remember when I was younger Standard Oil/Amoco stations has cash/credit prices on all the pumps. This is before pay at the pump was an option.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2620 on: May 16, 2022, 09:27:17 AM »
I don't usually stop at the Pilot stations.  I may have to check next time I see one.

It does make sense to do it.  I just hadn't noticed it.  The Buc-ee's stations give a discount for using my bank's Mastercard so I use that normally.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2621 on: May 16, 2022, 09:27:58 AM »

See it all the time in Ky
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2622 on: May 16, 2022, 10:25:51 AM »
Don't see the cash/credit thing here in NC very often.  There are a few of them around, but not at the stations we frequent.  I know of a Pilot on US321 south of Hickory that does that.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2623 on: May 16, 2022, 10:56:53 AM »
Don't worry the government is going to pay for more bike lanes.

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg on Monday announced the availability of money over five years under his department’s new Safe Streets & Roads for All program.

The aim will be to provide a direct infusion of federal cash to communities that pledge to promote safety for the multiple users of a roadway, particularly pedestrians and bicyclists.

Federal data being released this week by the Transportation Department is expected to show another big jump in U.S. traffic deaths through 2021, reflecting continued risky driving that began with the coronavirus pandemic in March 2020. Fatalities among pedestrians and cyclists have been rising faster than those within vehicles.

And BTW: About that increase in risky driving. Maybe that's because the police have largely stopped pulling people over for it for, you know, reasons.
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2624 on: May 17, 2022, 08:39:26 AM »
I live just west of Austin, TX. I haven't seen any cash/credit discounts locally, but I DO know of some stations that offer a discount if you use THEIR credit card.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain