Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384659 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2875 on: June 24, 2022, 12:54:53 PM »
No downward spike here either. It was $5.25 when I got gas in town this morning, with diesel at $5.86
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2876 on: June 24, 2022, 12:58:49 PM »
The "downward spike" here changed the last digit from a 9 to a 7. Yay, a whole two cents.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2877 on: June 24, 2022, 12:59:37 PM »
So, anyone who is disabled, and who can't ride that bike, or walk/jog to work, is going to end up losing their jobs...

The young social democrats HATE older people.
Blog under construction

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2878 on: June 24, 2022, 01:01:17 PM »
So, anyone who is disabled, and who can't ride that bike, or walk/jog to work, is going to end up losing their jobs...

The young social democrats HATE older people.

That's because they want to steal our money.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2879 on: June 24, 2022, 01:03:54 PM »
Yeah.... this is NOT a "downward spike."

This is a slight price reversal that's going to stall and start moving back upwards very soon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2880 on: June 24, 2022, 08:37:03 PM »
Around here low test has gone from $4.69 down to $4.53.

Let's go Brandon!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2881 on: June 26, 2022, 04:22:02 AM »
I'm probably gonna have to "move" back into my vehicle - I moved in december - my commute cost around 150 or so per paycheck now it is easily 300 - without going anywhere but work/ home
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2882 on: June 28, 2022, 09:28:06 PM »
$4.52 in Nevada MO today but the pump still shut off at $100 and I didn't feel like swiping the card again.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2883 on: June 29, 2022, 07:58:37 AM »
Got the final word yesterday...

I am NOT moving to our new office (I'll call it office B). Everyone else on my team is, but I am not, I'm staying in Office O.

Office B is about a quarter mile from Office A, which was opened last year to replace an office that was even farther away. They had to open office B because the team grew WAY faster than they thought it would, I guess, so it's no hassle for the rest of my team.

But when they started talking about dragging me out of Office O to go to Office B I was very clear with my boss  -- you make me move to the new office and increase my daily commute from 4 miles to upwards 30 and I will quit.

They were sort of hemming and hawing about that, and it just got a lot worse when I asked them what the business case was for wanting to make me move. There isn't one. The PM apparently just wants to have all his people near him so he doesn't feel lonely.

What the literal *expletive deleted*ck?

That's when I really dug my heels in, and I guess the work I've done on the program over the past two years speaks for itself because I'm not on any of the move charts.

My one teammate, with whom I share an office, is moving to Office B two days a week and he's not at all happy. He commutes a LOT farther (over an hour most days) and this will add another 30 minutes to an hour onto that. But, they're not as happy with he job he's done and want to bring him under a bit more supervision.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2884 on: June 30, 2022, 10:42:38 AM »
Apparently gas prices will fall once we defeat Putin
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2885 on: June 30, 2022, 11:00:56 AM »
$4.149 for E-15 in Ankeny, IA

$3.579 for e85 at same station
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2886 on: June 30, 2022, 08:55:46 PM »
I was down to a quarter tank, and I'm traveling tomorrow, so I filled up.

$4.859, total just shy of $60.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2887 on: June 30, 2022, 10:17:53 PM »
I was down to a quarter tank, and I'm traveling tomorrow, so I filled up.

$4.859, total just shy of $60.

I missed the decimal point the first time. I thought you said $4859 to fill up. Thats next month. I've lost the vision in my left eye so it can make the forum entertaining at times.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2888 on: July 01, 2022, 06:44:12 AM »
Regular has creeper down 5o $4.31 locally.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2889 on: July 01, 2022, 08:30:15 AM »
Our "go to" station has crept down to $4.34.  It's been several weeks since the last increase.  Way to go Brandon!
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2890 on: July 01, 2022, 11:02:54 AM »
Yes he actually said that, watch the video

Breaking911
@Breaking911
CNN: "What do you say to those families that say, 'listen, we can't afford to pay $4.85 a gallon for months, if not years?’"

BIDEN ADVISOR BRIAN DEESE: "This is about the future of the Liberal World Order and we have to stand firm."
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1542684948519419908

Biden economic adviser reminds us the ‘liberal world order’ is at stake so high gas prices must be tolerated
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/07/01/biden-economic-adviser-reminds-us-the-liberal-world-order-is-at-stake-so-high-gas-prices-must-be-tolerated/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2891 on: July 01, 2022, 11:38:38 AM »
More Biden admin fun

Interior Secretary Deb Haaland vowed during a Senate hearing on May 19 to issue a legally-mandated program outlining proposed offshore lease sales over the next five years by Thursday. On Wednesday, Interior Department (DOI) spokesperson Melissa Schwartz confirmed the agency was "on track" to issue the plan by Thursday, according to E&E News.

Except they didn't.

Biden admin misses major oil lease deadline: 'an absolute disgrace'
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-administration-misses-major-oil-lease-deadline
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2893 on: July 01, 2022, 12:10:28 PM »
Color me shocked but I saw a station this morning that yesterday was $5.099 and this morning was $4.899.  :O
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2894 on: July 01, 2022, 01:54:35 PM »
More Biden admin fun

Except they didn't.

Biden admin misses major oil lease deadline: 'an absolute disgrace'
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-administration-misses-major-oil-lease-deadline

Can't wait to see what that does to futures and supply for the year. This whole administration can kiss my butt.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2895 on: July 01, 2022, 05:01:59 PM »
Can't wait to see what that does to futures and supply for the year. This whole administration can kiss my butt.

I wouldn't let anyone in that administration kiss my butt.  I might catch something nasty.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2896 on: July 01, 2022, 05:03:39 PM »
I wouldn't let anyone in that administration kiss my butt.  I might catch something nasty.

A few of them would ask you to turn around the other way  :O
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2897 on: July 01, 2022, 05:03:47 PM »

First thing I thought of when I saw Jim's post was, "that's how you get monkeypox!"
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2898 on: July 02, 2022, 03:00:22 PM »
My God you’re either obtuse, evil, or, most likely, both

Yeah, what he said.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/07/02/biden-tells-gas-station-owners-to-lower-gas-prices-and-do-it-now-because-its-time-of-war-and-global-peril/

I'm pretty sure that the majority of gas stations are owned by the middle class. Are his twentysomething Ivy League PR people so insulated that they can't figure out what a bad message that is?

Nevermind, even, this stupid, "We're at war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thing. [Narrator: We're not at war]

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2899 on: July 03, 2022, 06:30:53 AM »
Jeff Bezos is taking Biden to task for that statement.

"It’s either straight ahead misdirection or a deep misunderstanding of basic market dynamics," Bezos added in his response.

Wow. When you start to lose a true left-wing soldier like Bezos you're really starting to *expletive deleted*it the bed.

Obviously, though, the left must punish Bezos for his transgression...

MAKE HIM PAY HIS FAIR SHARE IN TAXES!