Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384904 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2900 on: July 03, 2022, 08:01:29 AM »
Jeff Bezos is taking Biden to task for that statement.

Even far left business owners are still business owners and have some understanding of the economy.

Though you shouldn't have to have a degree in economics to see how stupid Brandon's "order" was. I was under the impression that it's common knowledge that gas station owners make their money by their ability to get a customer from the pumps into the store to buy beef jerky or a Snickers. Biden is going after a 5 cent/gal difference that one station may charge over another and making it sound like your local station should be "fairly" charging $2/gal right now.

He has to be the stupidest president in the history of the country. And irritatingly to me, he combines his stupidity with "angry old man".

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2901 on: July 03, 2022, 10:59:53 AM »
Jeff Bezos is taking Biden to task for that statement.

"It’s either straight ahead misdirection or a deep misunderstanding of basic market dynamics," Bezos added in his response.

Wow. When you start to lose a true left-wing soldier like Bezos you're really starting to *expletive deleted*it the bed.

Obviously, though, the left must punish Bezos for his transgression...

MAKE HIM PAY HIS FAIR SHARE IN TAXES!

Musk: Welcome to the Extreme Radical Far Right side of things.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 01:41:49 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2902 on: July 03, 2022, 04:43:30 PM »
Didn't take long

Karine Jean-Pierre takes a NASTY swipe at Jeff Bezos after he called out Biden on gas prices and inflation
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/07/03/karine-jean-pierre-takes-a-nasty-swipe-at-jeff-bezos-after-he-called-out-biden-on-gas-prices-and-inflation/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2903 on: July 03, 2022, 09:55:15 PM »
So gas around here in Mesa, AZ is about $5.60 for 87 octane.

We went camping this weekend and headed up through Payson, gas was $4.60 or so for 87 octane.

Pretty pissed right now at our Maricopa County "summer blend" laws that put us into a boutique fuel mix and jack the prices as a result.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2904 on: July 04, 2022, 10:33:58 AM »
I just found gas for $4.38!!  Thanks, Joe Biden!!

Too bad I didn't find it 4 days ago. It would have been a pride month miracle!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2905 on: July 04, 2022, 10:46:58 AM »
Our usual station went down another penny to $4.33.  Not really sure what's behind the decrease when most places in the country are trending upwards.  Maybe it's the fluctuations in oil prices.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2906 on: July 04, 2022, 11:52:53 AM »
We continue to go up - $5.25 last week, $5.39 today. Might be because of the 4th. We'll see what local prices look like later in the week, I guess.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2907 on: July 04, 2022, 12:55:26 PM »
$4.50 here now. Down from $4.99
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 04:37:29 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2908 on: July 04, 2022, 04:35:00 PM »
$450 here now. Down from $4.99

That's not really down if you get my point.  .
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2909 on: July 04, 2022, 04:37:50 PM »
That's not really down if you get my point.  .

Yes Mr. Decimal Point Nazi  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2910 on: July 04, 2022, 04:50:53 PM »
No Pi for you.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2911 on: July 04, 2022, 09:13:43 PM »
Yes Mr. Decimal Point Nazi  :rofl:

Just wait a few weeks... the price will be up there.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2912 on: July 04, 2022, 11:06:49 PM »
Halfway between Dallas & Tyler the cheap stuff is going for $4.26.  Couple weeks ago it was $4.69ish.  No idea why it's gradually dropping.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2913 on: July 05, 2022, 12:35:52 PM »
We've drifted down to $4.28 at the Wally World gas station. Filling up as this is being typed.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2914 on: July 06, 2022, 12:02:20 PM »
    Karine Jean-Pierre doesn’t know that millions of barrels of oil released from the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve have been sent to foreign countries. pic.twitter.com/B51kV5XFC6

— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) July 5, 2022

Including China  :facepalm:

White House Press Secretary Can’t Explain Why America's Emergency Oil Is Being Sent Overseas
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2022/07/06/white-house-press-secretary-cant-explain-why-american-reserve-oil-is-being-sent-overseas-n2609813

- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2915 on: July 06, 2022, 01:22:22 PM »
Just came back from Castle Key's, where the lowest price I saw was $4.59.

Going through Fredericksburg, Virginia, the lowest I saw (well off I 95), was $4.25 at a Royal Farms store.

Here at home in Fairfax?

Still just a skosh under $5 a gallon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2916 on: July 06, 2022, 03:22:48 PM »
NASDAQ and DJIA both trending up on the day.

RBOB is down 15 cents since mid-morning. At $3.24 we might actually see sub-$4 at local pumps by week's end.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #2917 on: July 07, 2022, 03:14:54 PM »
FB posts starting to pop with $3.99 at a few stores around town.

RBOB is up a bit, $3.42 as of a few minutes ago, so that $3.99 may not last long.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2918 on: July 07, 2022, 03:37:26 PM »
I didn't need gas today but went to the MO town straight east of me for groceries and noticed it had dropped .10 from Monday evening when we watched the fireworks show there. $4.44.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2920 on: July 07, 2022, 03:44:22 PM »
Just west of Austin, TX, I paid $4.259 for regular at the Exxon station just down the road. Diesel was $4.999. The local Texaco station was $4.459 for regular - they always seem to be about $0.20 - $0.30 higher than other local stations.

All locally available gas I've seen is ethanol diluted, probably by law.  =(

If this is accurate, why are we selling strategic reserve oil to China?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/07/07/biden-who-just-shipped-5-million-barrels-from-us-reserve-overseas-will-go-meet-with-saudi-king-prince-and-beg-them-to-pump-more-oil/
Ever hear of The Manchurian Candidate? Bribery and blackmail can work just as well as brainwashing.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2921 on: July 07, 2022, 03:46:29 PM »
Our refineries are only set up to process certain types of crude.

If this is accurate, why are we selling strategic reserve oil to China?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/07/07/biden-who-just-shipped-5-million-barrels-from-us-reserve-overseas-will-go-meet-with-saudi-king-prince-and-beg-them-to-pump-more-oil/

And add another natural gas pipeline explosion to the fun we are having.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2922 on: July 07, 2022, 07:52:41 PM »
Seeing $4.19 for regular, diesel still running north of $5.10.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2923 on: July 07, 2022, 08:37:18 PM »
Just west of Austin, TX, I paid $4.259 for regular at the Exxon station just down the road. Diesel was $4.999. The local Texaco station was $4.459 for regular - they always seem to be about $0.20 - $0.30 higher than other local stations.

All locally available gas I've seen is ethanol diluted, probably by law.  =(

Ever hear of The Manchurian Candidate? Bribery and blackmail can work just as well as brainwashing.

If it is because of a law/regulation, it's not at the state level.  There are two places within a half hour of here (between Dallas & Tyler) that sell straight gas - no ethanol added.  They do add about $0.50 to $0.60 per gallon though.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #2924 on: July 07, 2022, 09:33:32 PM »
$3.77 at Sam's this evening. Line wrapped around the block.

Brad
-HankB