Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384594 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #3000 on: July 27, 2022, 08:05:32 AM »
Huh. I've not noticed that at the e-free pump. I'll have to look for it next time. I always get it 5 gallons at a time, but still, stupid EPA.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3001 on: July 27, 2022, 08:54:22 AM »
Interesting.  The stations I have seen with non-ethanol gas have a separate hose for it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3002 on: July 27, 2022, 09:01:15 AM »
Interesting.  The stations I have seen with non-ethanol gas have a separate hose for it.

Same here. In fact, most of the stations that I've seen that have sober gasoline have a separate pump entirely, normally away from the pumps where you normally would gas up your car.

I've always attributed that to "well, all of our current tanks have to have drunken gas in them, so we need to add a separate tank for sober gas, and we'll need a separate pump, too. Might as well put it over there to keep it open for people with boats and trailers with equipment on it so they don't tie up multiple pumps."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3003 on: July 27, 2022, 09:02:27 AM »

That too. There was no e-free in CA, so my only experience is Idaho, but here it's either an entirely separate pump, or else a separate hose, like the diesel.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3004 on: July 27, 2022, 09:35:10 AM »
We have two stations in the closest town, one of which has ethanol free as their premium gas.  It uses the same hose and has no warning.  That said, the station doesn't offer E85 or E15 which were - as I understand it - the concerns.  The assumption seems to be that most engines can take E10, but if the concentration is likely to surpass that then you want to dilute any remaining E85 or E15 enough to where it won't cause a problem.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3005 on: July 27, 2022, 03:12:33 PM »
I hadn’t heard of that, but a quick search shows that it is a decade old EPA rule relating to pumps which use one hose to dispense different ethanol blends. I guess the intent was to prevent high ethanol fuel remaining in the hose from changing the effective ethanol rating of lower ethanol blends.

Every pump has 4 hoses; one for each blend and one for diesel.  So unintentional mixing would not be an issue.  It might be the reason tho' for the EPA rule (not a law like the pump says, but I don't expect good legal advice from a gas pump)
"It's good, though..."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3006 on: July 27, 2022, 04:05:43 PM »
I don't expect good legal advice from a gas pump)
Wait, are you saying it isn't actually against federal law to use your phone while you fill up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3007 on: July 27, 2022, 05:20:45 PM »
Every pump has 4 hoses; one for each blend and one for diesel.  So unintentional mixing would not be an issue.  It might be the reason tho' for the EPA rule (not a law like the pump says, but I don't expect good legal advice from a gas pump)

Not the stations here in Northern Virginia.

1 pump, three or four buttons, depending on how many grades of gasoline, and one hose and nozzle.

If the pump also has diesel, then it's on one side and delivers diesel only.

I've always assumed that there's some sort of mechanism in the pump that will empty the hose back into whatever tank was most recently pumped.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3008 on: July 27, 2022, 06:31:01 PM »
Yay!

WATCH — Jared Bernstein, member of Biden's Council of Economic Advisers:

“There’s also positive news that we should not overlook. I mean, the price at the pump is now $4.30 a gallon.” pic.twitter.com/15HCCUejB7

— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) July 27, 2022
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/07/27/they-hate-you-biden-economic-adviser-shares-positive-economic-news-thatll-make-you-even-more-furious/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3009 on: July 27, 2022, 09:39:41 PM »
Depends on the station and the pump. Some have separate hoses for non-ethanol, some don't. On the shared hose pumps if I'm buying pure gas in cans I'll pump 2-3 gallons into the truck to clear at least most (some?) of the ethanol from the shared hose  before I fill the cans.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3010 on: July 28, 2022, 07:07:49 AM »
Yay!
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/07/27/they-hate-you-biden-economic-adviser-shares-positive-economic-news-thatll-make-you-even-more-furious/

Only a special kind of idiot celebrates gasoline going down 50 cents after a run up of $3.

And the Biden administration is chock full of idiots of a very special kind.

Now, who wants word salad for lunch ?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3011 on: July 28, 2022, 07:26:49 AM »
Now, who wants word salad for lunch ?

At this point, it would be acceptable for just lunch, but we are getting it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, and force fed via IV.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #3012 on: July 29, 2022, 01:37:59 AM »
5.999 for REGULAR full service today. $61 to fill up my 2013 Ford Escape!!!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3013 on: July 29, 2022, 07:06:00 AM »
Over the past few days the price went from $4.69 to $4.29 at the Global station near my house.  That was all Brandon.

2 days later it's back to $4.49. That was all Putin. And the greedy Pakistani guy who owns that station and is trying to make a living for his family.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3014 on: July 29, 2022, 10:33:46 AM »
Crude and RBOB is absolutely spiking today.

So much for Brandon's crowing about how he's personally bringing oil prices down.

I wonder who he's going to blame it on now?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3015 on: July 29, 2022, 11:10:08 AM »
It's your fault. You are to stupid to see that this is the greatest economy in the history of economies.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3016 on: July 29, 2022, 11:16:50 AM »
It's your fault. You are to stupid to see that this is the greatest economy in the history of economies.

You just have to remove inflation from the equation. Duh!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 01:28:54 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3017 on: July 29, 2022, 01:12:26 PM »
I wonder who he's going to blame it on now?

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMP!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3018 on: July 29, 2022, 04:40:07 PM »
Just went past the Global, and it's now up to $4.59.

Let's go Brandon!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3019 on: July 29, 2022, 04:44:38 PM »
Crude and RBOB is absolutely spiking today.

Glad I filled up both vehicles yesterday. $3.39 at Sam's.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3020 on: July 29, 2022, 05:21:47 PM »
Prices moderated quite a bit day's end but were still up strongly, apparently on thoughts that the Saudis aren't going to increase production.

Maybe Brandon needs to make another phone call to the Saudis and play Oliver Biden again...

"Please, Sir, I want some more!"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3021 on: July 29, 2022, 05:24:27 PM »
Prices moderated quite a bit day's end but were still up strongly, apparently on thoughts that the Saudis aren't going to increase production.

Maybe Brandon needs to make another phone call to the Saudis and play Oliver Biden again...

"Please, Sir, I want some more!"

Bomb the crap out of Iran. That usually makes the Saudis happy
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3022 on: July 31, 2022, 04:36:50 PM »
This morning I decided to do a deep dive through my retirement and brokerage accounts. It's been far too long since I've done so. No big surprises, really, about what's going on with my investments.

But, by far, my best performers right now are the oil company shares that I hold. I bought them right at the start of covid in 2020 when everything was tanking, but especially oil prices.

Now they're skyrocketing, and much of that has come since Biden got into office.

I think I'm actually winning Biden's war of fossil fuel...

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3023 on: July 31, 2022, 05:04:40 PM »
$3.61 here.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3024 on: August 01, 2022, 08:12:09 AM »
WTI is down over $3 a barrel this morning; RBOB is pushing close to $3.