Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384549 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #3075 on: August 19, 2022, 10:51:53 AM »
It's all in the spin

CNN
@CNN
·
Follow
Next time you stop at a gas station, think of it as a $100-a-month tax cut. Or a maybe $100-a-month raise.

CNN’s spin on way-too-high gas prices makes for ‘the stupidest headline you will read today’
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/08/19/cnns-spin-on-way-too-high-gas-prices-makes-for-the-stupidest-headline-you-will-read-today/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3076 on: August 20, 2022, 08:16:36 PM »
In 4 days the local price for e10 went from $3.19 to $3.42.

I guess people started driving again.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3077 on: August 23, 2022, 09:37:32 AM »
Sure the dems are taking notes
In Australia’s push to follow other developed nations’ transition to electric vehicles, one bank in the country said it will stop giving out loans for new gas or diesel vehicles beginning in 2025, including hybrids.
"We think that the responsible thing for us to do next, is to ensure that our vehicle lending doesn’t lock our customers in to higher carbon emissions and increasingly expensive running costs in the years ahead," Courville said in a statement on Friday.

Australian Bank Makes Announcement About Future Car Loans. Is This What the Left Has in Mind for the US?
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2022/08/23/australian-bank-plans-to-stop-giving-out-loans-for-gas-vehicles-by-2025-n2612113
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3078 on: August 23, 2022, 09:57:43 AM »
Sure the dems are taking notes
Australian Bank Makes Announcement About Future Car Loans. Is This What the Left Has in Mind for the US?
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2022/08/23/australian-bank-plans-to-stop-giving-out-loans-for-gas-vehicles-by-2025-n2612113
I am sure they do have this in mind along with a great many other things.  You will conform or else. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3079 on: August 23, 2022, 04:57:56 PM »
Huge Natural Gas Deposit Discovered by ENI-Total Off Cyprus
https://greekreporter.com/2022/08/22/huge-natural-gas-deposit-discovered-off-cyprus/

This should help the dependence on Russia, but not sure how much.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3080 on: August 25, 2022, 07:27:25 AM »
Price has dropped below $4 a gallon at quite a few stations in my area of Northern Virginia. Still a lot over $4 a gallon, though.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3081 on: August 30, 2022, 07:36:20 AM »
Seeing $3.89 a gallon in my area at a few stations now.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3082 on: August 30, 2022, 08:36:34 AM »
Locally gas is running between 3.39 and 3.69 a gallon - down from earlier this year, but still up sharply from when Biden took office.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3083 on: August 30, 2022, 08:38:18 AM »
Gall dang, man. We're still at $4.70 locally, $4.50 at the Costco.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3084 on: August 30, 2022, 09:07:27 AM »
The local Sunoco bumped up a dime to $3.35 this week.  The other stations we drive by on US321 seem to be stuck at $3.25.  They haven't moved in a while.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3085 on: August 30, 2022, 03:19:42 PM »
$3.35 for regular E10
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3086 on: August 30, 2022, 05:22:35 PM »
$ 3.99/gallon at the Marysville Costco, 45 miles north of Seattle.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3087 on: September 06, 2022, 07:53:19 AM »
New Wawa opened near my house, including a fueling station.

Gas at their pumps is $3.56 a gallon right now, handily beating the Shell and Sunoco stations near my house and matching the Global station.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3088 on: September 06, 2022, 08:00:09 AM »
$3.24 yesterday.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3089 on: September 06, 2022, 08:24:27 AM »
And here in St. Louis, diesel is damn near at $5...

Which is affecting pretty much everything.
Blog under construction

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3090 on: September 06, 2022, 09:26:21 AM »
Filled up this morning in Tampa for $3.47.  Like Hank said, down a pit from the peak, but still closing in on double what it was in Jan 21

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3091 on: September 06, 2022, 10:09:40 AM »
After holding steady for a while, gas dropped a couple of pennies to $3.24 at our three closest stations.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3092 on: September 06, 2022, 01:26:49 PM »
OPEC says they are cutting production and the draining of our reserve is about to end. Not sure if it will jump back up before the midterms but it will this winter.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3093 on: September 06, 2022, 01:35:39 PM »
OPEC says they are cutting production and the draining of our reserve is about to end. Not sure if it will jump back up before the midterms but it will this winter.

Do we have any reserves left to tap, or did Biden drain it all?  (and probably sold it for under-market price to his cronies, then we can overpay to buy it back to restock when this foolishness is over)
"It's good, though..."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3094 on: September 06, 2022, 01:45:54 PM »
Do we have any reserves left to tap, or did Biden drain it all?  (and probably sold it for under-market price to his cronies, then we can overpay to buy it back to restock when this foolishness is over)

US Crude Oil in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve Stocks is at a current level of 450.00M, down from 453.06M last week and down from 621.30M one year ago. This is a change of -0.68% from last week and -27.57% from one year ago.

That's as of Aug 31, 2022

This site shows SPR levels since inception.  We've been basically trending down since 2009, although Biden really hit the overdrive with his policies.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3095 on: September 06, 2022, 01:58:44 PM »
Today I paid $3.099 at an Exxon station just outside Austin, TX. I saw a few other stations at the same price, a few others were higher.

On July 7, 2021 I paid $1.899, so gas is still $1.20 a gallon higher thanks in large part to Brandon.  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3096 on: September 06, 2022, 07:36:28 PM »
On St. Hwy 69, south of Tyler, gas was $3.15.  The stations on I20 near Canton were charging $3.58.

They're only ~40 miles apart.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3097 on: September 07, 2022, 02:08:08 PM »
Crude is dropping HARD again today...

WTI is down more than 5%.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3098 on: September 14, 2022, 06:50:20 AM »
Gas at the Global near me is $3.36 a gallon.

Gas at the new WAWA around the corner is $3.37.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3099 on: September 14, 2022, 07:54:38 AM »
I'm getting sick and tired of the MSM telling me that Brandon has slashed gas prices. I paid $4.50 yesterday. I was paying $3.50 a year ago.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."