Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384650 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #3175 on: October 19, 2022, 08:32:56 AM »
Hey, no worries everyone... The White House Press Secretary has announced that right this minute, the typical two driver household is saving over $120 a month at the pump!!!!!!!
....(since June).

These *expletive deleted*ing people...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3176 on: October 19, 2022, 11:46:45 AM »
I drive to work and Dr. appointments - that's it.  Straight there & back again.

I've spent $186.00 in gas for far this month.  $28 this morning for 1/2 tank, which is what I used to pay for a full tank.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3177 on: October 19, 2022, 05:23:46 PM »
$3.51. Up .06 from Monday. It was $75 to fill up today. This crap is killing me.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3178 on: October 19, 2022, 07:21:05 PM »
$3.51. Up .06 from Monday. It was $75 to fill up today. This crap is killing me.

Man, I wish I paid only $ 3.51, as opposed to $ 4.75 per gallon.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3179 on: October 20, 2022, 06:57:15 AM »
It went up to $3.57 at the Global near my house, then down to $3.53, and I think it's back to $3.57.

The other stations are a bit higher, except for the new Wawa, which is at $3.55.

I got gas there the other morning, not because it's 2 cents cheaper, but because they've got, by far, the best freaking coffee.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3180 on: October 20, 2022, 11:33:03 AM »
Here's Brandon

I can feel prices coming down already

That #2  How do you refill it at a profit? :facepalm:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3181 on: October 20, 2022, 11:37:24 AM »
Anyone remember how the dems howled when Trump wanted to stock up on oil when it was practically free?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3182 on: October 20, 2022, 11:45:00 AM »
That #2  How do you refill it at a profit? :facepalm:
If they are selling off the reserve at market rates now and the price goes down before it is refilled then a profit will have been made.

Of course, that requires that the price will fall before it is refilled.

It would be more accurate to say that it is being sold at a profit now, and they hope to refill it at a lower rate than they are selling it for now.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3183 on: October 20, 2022, 11:49:09 AM »
If they are selling off the reserve at market rates now and the price goes down before it is refilled then a profit will have been made.

Of course, that requires that the price will fall before it is refilled.

It would be more accurate to say that it is being sold at a profit now, and they hope to refill it at a lower rate than they are selling it for now.

I see said the blind man
So they're basically gambling with our tax dollars
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3184 on: October 20, 2022, 11:54:07 AM »
Everyone needs to remember that Donal Trump tried to start refilling the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in 2020, when prices had cratered, but Congressional Democrats refused.

And WHY did Congressional Democrats refuse to refill the SPR?

Because it was just a Trump boost to his big oil buddies! ORANGE MAN BAD! ORANGE MAN BAD!

Now we have Biden suctioning the SPR like a leech to try to prop up his party during the midterms, and our strategic readiness is the worst it's been in decades.

Nothing like saying "*expletive deleted*ck America's defense posture because we want to *expletive deleted*ck Donald Trump!

Yet another reason why I hate liberals.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-strategic-petroleum-reserve-dems-shut-down-trump-refill-effort
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3185 on: October 20, 2022, 11:55:09 AM »
Oh, and even better? The Dementia Administration is looking at shutting down all future offshore Atlantic and Pacific drilling.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-admin-weighs-complete-block-offshore-oil-drilling-gas-prices-keep-rising

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3186 on: October 20, 2022, 12:34:21 PM »
Oh, and even better? The Dementia Administration is looking at shutting down all future offshore Atlantic and Pacific drilling.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-admin-weighs-complete-block-offshore-oil-drilling-gas-prices-keep-rising
Well that'll be sure to bring down the prices in the future.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3187 on: October 20, 2022, 12:38:34 PM »
Well that'll be sure to bring down the prices in the future.

Well if it doesn't they'll know who to blame
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3188 on: October 20, 2022, 12:43:20 PM »
I have absolutely no doubt that the ONLY reason that Biden is giving any effort or lip service to trying to either stabilize or bring pump prices down is because of the mid terms.

If this were December of this year, or especially if this were in his second term, he wouldn't care about bringing prices down, and I really have to wonder if he wouldn't be working extra hard to drive prices as high as he could get them all in an effort drive people to renewable energy even faster.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3189 on: October 20, 2022, 02:33:21 PM »
Fun times.  I don't drive a diesel, but it occurs to me that my gasoline is delivered by a diesel truck. 

Diesel Crisis Deepens As Inventories Fall To Dangerous Levels
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Diesel-Crisis-Deepens-As-Inventories-Fall-To-Dangerous-Levels.html

Global diesel and other distillate fuel stocks have been on the decline for a while now, and there is no reversal of this trend in sight. Demand, on the other hand, has been growing, leading to a widening shortage.

The situation has become so grave that U.S. buyers have begun snapping up diesel cargos originally sailing for Europe.

Reuters reported earlier this month that at least three tankers carrying diesel from the Middle East had changed their course mid-journey and were now traveling to the United States. And this new competition is about to intensify.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3190 on: October 24, 2022, 12:41:51 AM »
still over 5 dollars here, I have pawned four guns and paying the tax on them to keep them
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3191 on: October 24, 2022, 05:00:57 PM »
Price that the Global down the street dropped to $3.35 today.

At the WAWA it's $3.39.

At the Shell across the street (where I use my grocery store gas rewards) it's $3.65 still.

WTI was down 19 cents a barrel today, but RBOB was up 8 cents a gallon.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3192 on: October 24, 2022, 07:11:12 PM »
Gas today was lower than I've seen it in I don't know how long - $3.09.

Still too high.

Let's go Brandon! /s

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3193 on: October 31, 2022, 05:44:17 PM »
$3.99 this morning at the Marysville Costco, 45 miles north of Seattle.  When I last filled up there on 10/7/2022, it was $ 4.99 per gallon. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3194 on: October 31, 2022, 07:19:38 PM »
Got a weird situation here near where I live...

One station, the Global, has been falling.

The other stations in the area have been... rising.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3195 on: October 31, 2022, 08:17:23 PM »
It's $3.04 at a couple local stations, the other two are $3.19. 

As I was pulling into the station this evening the radio news ran a spot about how gas prices are rising.  I'd planned to fill all the empty cans before the election, looks like Thurs. will be the day.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3196 on: October 31, 2022, 11:16:37 PM »
"Name brand" regular gas is currently running between $3.099 and $3.399.

I think I saw it for $2.999 but it may have been a promotional price if you were using their credit card.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3197 on: November 01, 2022, 07:42:38 AM »
$3.99 this morning at the Marysville Costco, 45 miles north of Seattle.  When I last filled up there on 10/7/2022, it was $ 4.99 per gallon.

Dammit your AO is cheaper than mine again. $4.15 at my Costco. Pacific Northwest gas prices are weird.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3198 on: November 01, 2022, 02:11:53 PM »
Fun times.  I don't drive a diesel, but it occurs to me that my gasoline is delivered by a diesel truck. 

Diesel Crisis Deepens As Inventories Fall To Dangerous Levels
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Diesel-Crisis-Deepens-As-Inventories-Fall-To-Dangerous-Levels.html

We better hope we can keep awash in diesel or it will collapse the economy. Not may, will.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3199 on: November 01, 2022, 07:40:55 PM »
Filled up at the discount club on the way home from work today. $3.499 for unleaded regular.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design