Author Topic: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)  (Read 54068 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)
« Reply #275 on: March 31, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »
I dream of the day when I see a pic on facebook that says "The weapon to your left is your zombie weapon. How *expletive deleted*ed are you"

And then i look to my left and see a rifle.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #276 on: March 31, 2015, 01:19:18 PM »
I dream of the day when I see a pic on facebook that says "The weapon to your left is your zombie weapon. How *expletive deleted*ed are you"

I saw that yesterday when I was sitting on a city metro bus. Everything to my left, right, front AND rear was bolted down...

Majory hosed.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #277 on: March 31, 2015, 02:20:41 PM »

Mind if we make that right?  My left side is a printer and a wall.  My right side has the good stuff.   :lol:
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #278 on: March 31, 2015, 02:23:50 PM »
I'd be kind of okay, there is a dead 1000va UPS to my left on my desk.  I could bash something pretty good with that.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #279 on: April 01, 2015, 12:44:05 PM »
Solid wood tv tray. Yah... That will get me started. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #280 on: April 01, 2015, 12:45:14 PM »
I'm sitting in my office right now, and the only thing worth anything could be my all-metal thermos...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #281 on: April 01, 2015, 02:05:51 PM »
I have my oscilloscope probes.  They're kinda pointy, if a bit short.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #282 on: April 01, 2015, 02:07:36 PM »
At first I thought I was screwed, but there's a pretty hefty side table with a glass top. That's a decent start.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #283 on: April 01, 2015, 03:09:17 PM »
I have a lava lamp here on the left side of my desk at work.  I wonder if that could distract them as I made my escape.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #284 on: April 01, 2015, 03:33:39 PM »
So there's a trailer out for season 6 and  :O
*expletive deleted*it just got real
https://youtu.be/gkTb9GP9lVI
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

brimic

• friends
« Reply #285 on: April 01, 2015, 03:52:04 PM »

http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/63668818?src=pla&cid=PLA-Google-PLA+-+Test&CS_003=7867724&CS_010=63668818
There's a bucket of spare bronze spark-proof tools- large crescent wrenches, bung wrenches,and screw drivers. I'll manage better than ok.  >:D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:10:41 AM by jamisjockey »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #286 on: April 01, 2015, 07:58:35 PM »
I'm screwed again...

There's an architect to my left. Holy hell I need to weaponize.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2015, 10:58:43 PM »
Throw the architect at them?

Best I've got is a pair of scissors.  They'd at least let me get to the pistol on the right side, and the better stuff in the next room...

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #288 on: April 02, 2015, 05:43:49 PM »
I'm right handed, but to my left I see a wicker basket with receipts, misc. papers and a G26  :O
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #289 on: April 02, 2015, 06:11:27 PM »
13 Panasonic Toughbooks in the magazine. :O
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #290 on: April 04, 2015, 12:02:40 AM »
Well, first chance I've had to watch the season finale. I think the Rick and Morgan reunion will be interesting, given Morgan was talking about how life is precious now, then saw Rick plug a guy five seconds after he laid eyes on him.

As for the "on the left" thing, the correct way to do it should be, "within arm's reach". On my left however, at this moment, the most likely weapon is a letter opener, which I guess gives me the seconds I'd need to get to the good stuff. Though since I just want to get the zombie out of my way to get to real zombie stopping stuff, maybe it would be better and safer to just throw the printer, also to my left, at it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #291 on: April 04, 2015, 01:41:43 PM »
"within arm's reach."

Fricking finally!

I've got a 9-shot Hi Standard Sentinel .22 in my desk with a box of Winchester ammo!

Bring it, bitches!

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #292 on: October 11, 2015, 06:11:44 PM »
I saw that yesterday when I was sitting on a city metro bus. Everything to my left, right, front AND rear was bolted down...

Majory hosed.

Point #1:  If you're going to necro a thread, a zombie thread is about as appropriate as it gets.

Point #2:  I dredged this thread up because I just finished marathon-watching half of season 4 and all of season 5 getting ready for season 6.  I came here to see what ya'all thought of what I just watched.

Point #3:  As to the quote.  If you're looking for improvised weapons on a bus, look for fire extinguisher, chocks (especially if they have ropes on them) and wheelchair tie-down straps.  The tie-down straps are most effective if the end that latches to the bus can be unhooked easily.  Think "toaster in a towel".  Bonus points for the emergency triangles.  The bases are usually weighted quite nicely.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #293 on: October 11, 2015, 06:48:33 PM »
Unfortunately I'm going to miss tonight's premier. I'm dog sitting for friends, and they don't have A&E. I might be able to get it on my tablet, but I'm not 100% sure. If not, no biggie, as I'm recording it at home on the DVR.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #294 on: October 11, 2015, 07:21:47 PM »
Unfortunately I'm going to miss tonight's premier. I'm dog sitting for friends, and they don't have A&E. I might be able to get it on my tablet, but I'm not 100% sure. If not, no biggie, as I'm recording it at home on the DVR.

It's on AMC.... ;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #295 on: October 11, 2015, 09:21:22 PM »
AMC? Gremlin, Matador, or Pacer?

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #296 on: October 11, 2015, 10:11:39 PM »
They made it a half hour longer to put more commercials in?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #297 on: October 11, 2015, 10:50:40 PM »
They made it a half hour longer to put more commercials in?
No, it was the commercials that made it a  half hour  longer.     [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #298 on: October 12, 2015, 10:55:28 AM »
So, what would have been a better way to handle the hoard?

I give them some leeway, because it appears the whole sound sensitivity thing in this case is integral to what's happening in the plot, and the writers wanted this to happen. I'm betting on the "W's".

Otherwise, given the constant reminder of how sensitive the walkers are to sound, they should have known the great risk they were taking regarding potentially creating a forest full of walkers. I don't know if we've had any concrete evidence about the scarcity or not of gasoline, diesel, and other flammables, but there was the potential of just lighting a bunch of them on fire if they were bunched up.

Obviously wouldn't get them all, and probably not even a majority, but it could have cut down on the number of mobile walkers they were luring out of the quarry. Also possibly a brick of .22 to put down a bunch of them (they would have had time while they were fortifying for the march and before the semi gave way).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #299 on: October 12, 2015, 11:10:24 AM »
So, what would have been a better way to handle the hoard?

I give them some leeway, because it appears the whole sound sensitivity thing in this case is integral to what's happening in the plot, and the writers wanted this to happen. I'm betting on the "W's".

Otherwise, given the constant reminder of how sensitive the walkers are to sound, they should have known the great risk they were taking regarding potentially creating a forest full of walkers. I don't know if we've had any concrete evidence about the scarcity or not of gasoline, diesel, and other flammables, but there was the potential of just lighting a bunch of them on fire if they were bunched up.

Obviously wouldn't get them all, and probably not even a majority, but it could have cut down on the number of mobile walkers they were luring out of the quarry. Also possibly a brick of .22 to put down a bunch of them (they would have had time while they were fortifying for the march and before the semi gave way).

Tactical thermonuclear bomb.   
Yeah...I know....THEY DON'T HAVE ONE. 
I don't think there IS a "better way."   Anything they did involved an element of danger.

And ..what's-his-name? that got bit in the face at the end.    ;/  Anyone not see THAT coming?