Author Topic: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)  (Read 54069 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Walking dead season 5
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2014, 11:10:56 PM »
i guess the termites didn't want to accept defeat
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2014, 11:56:12 PM »
i guess the termites didn't want to accept defeat

They think "defeat" is a food, obviously .... [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2014, 01:56:27 PM »
I REALLY hope the hipster *expletive deleted*che cannibal keeps his appointment with Rick's red handled machete.....
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »
I REALLY hope the hipster *expletive deleted* cannibal keeps his appointment with Rick's red handled machete.....

I suspect he'll be around for a while.  With the demise of the Governor and the demise of the Claimers, Rick & co. need a new arch-nemesis.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2014, 03:00:44 PM »
I REALLY hope the hipster *expletive deleted* cannibal keeps his appointment with Rick's red handled machete.....

After the buildup, yeah, it would be a bummer if Rick didn't finish him with the machete.

During the scene with what's-his-name, when they were eating his leg, just as he was coming to, it really looked like one of the people in his "blurred" vision was the guy Tyrone said he killed in the cabin. He kept Carol from going in, so I wonder if he ended up not being able to kill him and just gave him an ass whooping and let him go? If so, I think there's gonna be a good regret scene coming up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2014, 03:35:01 PM »
I suspect he'll be around for a while.  With the demise of the Governor and the demise of the Claimers, Rick & co. need a new arch-nemesis.

Yep.  I suspect he'll hop in and out of every episode for a while. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2014, 05:14:23 PM »
From wikipedia's write-up of the episode (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangers_%28The_Walking_Dead%29#Reception):

And somehow, this moment have been worse than any of them. Bob being eaten. Alive. By a hipster.

- Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2014, 01:10:50 PM »
Welp....

After last night EVERY SINGLE ONE of my plot predictions for this season has officially gone straight to hell and died.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2014, 01:17:36 PM »
Welp....

After last night EVERY SINGLE ONE of my plot predictions for this season has officially gone straight to hell and died.

Yep.  Cannibal hipsters . . . gone.

Looks like next episode with be Beth-centric.
                         - Barack Obama

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2014, 02:51:01 PM »
Just when you thought there couldn't possibly be a villain more evil that the Guvnor.

Time to invest with a red handle machete manufacturer.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2014, 07:50:53 PM »
I see Gareth has bitten off more than he could chew...... [popcorn] :lol: :rofl:

I would have lost all respect for Rick if he hadn't pulled that off. 

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2014, 09:33:07 PM »
OMFGBBQ! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2014, 07:22:21 PM »
Ah, nice to see Gareth keep his appointment with the red handled machete....  =D
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2014, 08:10:48 PM »
So definitely the guy Tyrone said that he killed (the guy that had his hand on Judith's neck) was still alive. The others had to have recognized him, but no one has said a word about it.

Not sure that I like the group splitting up again. Last season I thought it led to a little too much scene jumping and discontinuity. The story line always seems tighter when the group is together.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2014, 08:36:22 PM »
Every once in a while,  I read the comments section at IMDB on one or the other of my favorite shows to catch extra plot info. I was just doing so for TWD re: my post above, and saw this thread on "what weapons do you have for the zombie apocalypse?"

None of us at APS have anything to worry about. All these fools will be out getting themselves killed and distracting the walkers for us:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/board/thread/236245824?p=1

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2014, 08:14:49 AM »
I can't say that I was particularly thrilled with last night's episode.

But it was nice to see Beth again. Yowza yowza!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2014, 01:45:52 PM »
I can't say that I was particularly thrilled with last night's episode.

But it was nice to see Beth again. Yowza yowza!

Was speaking with a cousin about the show last night. Despite the tactical stupidity and soap opera BS, on thing I thing I think the show does really well is explore the psychological dimension of dealing with a long-term survival situation. This episode opened a new door on how people would cope and rationalize their decisions. So, not a favorite for me either, but interesting in that sense. (Except that hearing Junior Kimbrough on vinyl in the apocalypse was pretty neat. Kudos to whichever writer/producer is a North Mississippi blues fan.  :cool:)
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2014, 02:59:16 PM »
"The nightmare ends... don't let the nightmare end you."

Beth & Carol versus matriarchal police state!
I like!     

Was speaking with a cousin about the show last night. Despite the tactical stupidity and soap opera BS, on thing I thing I think the show does really well is explore the psychological dimension of dealing with a long-term survival situation. This episode opened a new door on how people would cope and rationalize their decisions. So, not a favorite for me either, but interesting in that sense. (Except that hearing Junior Kimbrough on vinyl in the apocalypse was pretty neat. Kudos to whichever writer/producer is a North Mississippi blues fan.  :cool:)
yup, that is one of the most inneresting aspects of the show - one thing I hope our fave zombie killers begin to realize is having a rendezvous point or two to go to in case of separation
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2014, 03:36:03 PM »
The 'to each according to their needs' lady looks to be potentially a lot more dangerous than any of the psychopaths they've run into thus far.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2014, 03:54:56 PM »
The 'to each according to their needs' lady looks to be potentially a lot more dangerous than any of the psychopaths they've run into thus far.

Lewis' tyranny of the well-meaning incarnate...

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »
The Wikipedia article for the series mentions a companion series in development using different characters than those on TWD.I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some crossover with the hospital people and/or other (potential)survivor groups along the journey to DC.A parallel vector of choices. 
jeff w

I like onions!

Jamisjockey

• friend
Re: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2014, 11:32:50 AM »
Damnit, Eugene!
JD

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2014, 11:33:19 AM »
My prediction is the scientist is a fraud.

You win one innernetz!
JD

Jamisjockey

• friend
Re: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »
Oh, and, it's about damn time they have weapons with optics.  Glenn has a sweet setup!
JD

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2014, 11:41:28 AM »
You win one innernetz!

I'll take 2nd prize for calling specifics.