Author Topic: RINOs in panic  (Read 1231 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
RINOs in panic
« on: November 01, 2014, 04:50:33 PM »
Got a robocall today, that went along the lines of "Don't vote for Libertarian Chad Grimm.  His campaign is funded by convicted drug dealers!". 

Illinois RINO party in panic mode.  Or, as I speculated to my wife, it could be the Devilcrats being deviously subtle, to piss off R. voters into voting L.   

Illinois.   It could be a great state.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: RINOs in panic
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »
Back during the primaries, our idiot Senator Lindsay Graham (makes the RINOs look conservative) was freaking out because it was looking like he was not going to get the nomination...he started running a bunch of ads about claiming how conservative he was...but unfortunately he got the nomination again.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 05:57:41 PM »
He was seriously surprised he actually had to participate in the primary and that folks were *shock* looking to get the nod instead of him.

Sadly the contenders either had only local support, were basically jokes, or phoned it in after making decent noise. The one state senator that had a half decent make some noise but lost it in the home stretch, which while I like the guy is becoming a really annoying pattern of his.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 06:36:10 PM »
Got a robocall today, that went along the lines of "Don't vote for Libertarian Chad Grimm.  His campaign is funded by convicted drug dealers!". 

Illinois RINO party in panic mode. 

Why do you think it is just the RINOs? It seems that a lot of non-RINO Republicans aren't all that crazy about Libertarians.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »
Why do you think it is just the RINOs? It seems that a lot of non-RINO Republicans aren't all that crazy about Libertarians.

Yeah - someone somewhere might be having fun.  Can't have that  :police:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 08:58:14 PM »
The wife tells me we just got a Libertarian robocall.  "It wasn't well done."

Somebody mumbling an quote from von Mises or Ayn Rand?

Rauner (RINO) will lose, Quinn(comtax) will win, and the Illinois Republican Deathwish party will have >>no<< clue and blame it on the Libertarian Assbuger Party stealing votes.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:04:58 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 03:46:42 PM »
I got the same call Friday.  Which was a bit late as I had voted Monday, when I was working Early Voting. 

Still can't believe that the governor's race here is a dead heat, but hey, the public sector unions are flogging their members to come out and vote.  Many are voting in that race only.  So when the state declares BK and the pensions (and the public sector unions) are told they will get pennies on the dollar, I will shed no tears.

And hopefully, I'll be reading about it from our home in South Cackalacky.

[popcorn] >:D [popcorn] >:D [popcorn] >:D
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.