Author Topic: Grand Jury has a verdict in Ferguson  (Read 33279 times)

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
Grand Jury has a verdict in Ferguson
« on: November 24, 2014, 05:58:56 PM »
We just don't yet know what it is.  Bizarre, all this posturing and waiting.  And waiting...........

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Grand Jury has a verdict in Ferguson
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:35:30 PM »
If they were indicting him, they'd have announced it. Delaying the announcement gives local police time to prepare for the chaos
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 06:39:15 PM »
If they were indicting him, they'd have announced it. Delaying the announcement gives local police time to prepare for the chaos

Although I was unaware until just now that they can indict him all the way down to second degree involuntary manslaughter. I wouldn't be surprised if, even without strong evidence, they indicted him for that, figuring he'll end up with some kind of probation, as a way to appease the rioters and/or the hand wringing population at large.

Not that anything short of murder in the first would appease them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 06:47:15 PM »
Situational Awareness of A *expletive deleted*ing Rock...they are planning a Ferguson "response" in our state capitol, at the state house.

This is our governor. She lives across the yard from the state house. It's definitely in their best interest not to do anything but a nice legal actual protest. 

Not that anything short of murder in the first would appease them.

Actually they want to lynch Wilson and gang-rape and cut the throats of his family, don't believe for a minute they would be satisfied by it going through the "justice" system.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 06:53:59 PM »
Situational Awareness of A *expletive deleted*ing Rock...they are planning a Ferguson "response" in our state capitol, at the state house.

This is our governor. She lives across the yard from the state house. It's definitely in their best interest not to do anything but a nice legal actual protest. 

Actually they want to lynch Wilson and gang-rape and cut the throats of his family, don't believe for a minute they would be satisfied by it going through the "justice" system.

your mayor seems very happy :)

I figured this whole dragging things out was to make time and hope the rabble gets bored and wandered off.

you have to feel bad for Wilson, who probably just wants it over with already, even if they try to screw him over to appease the wolfs. At least then he'll know what to get ready for.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 07:03:18 PM »
your mayor seems very happy Smiley

Well it's kinda hard to be sad when firing a belt fed, except when you are in contact and you are about to reach the end of the belt. Then it's sad.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 07:05:49 PM »
Well it's kinda hard to be sad when firing a belt fed, except when you are in contact and you are about to reach the end of the belt. Then it's sad.

this is true.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 07:14:02 PM »
Delayed verdict smacks of a no-bill.  Gotta give the police time to get into position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 07:37:02 PM »
Why in the world would they announce the verdict at night?  It seems that it would be better to wait until the morning when all of the protesters will be tired and hungry, the cops will be able to see what's going on, etc...
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 07:54:03 PM »
Why in the world would they announce the verdict at night?  It seems that it would be better to wait until the morning when all of the protesters will be tired and hungry, the cops will be able to see what's going on, etc...

That's a really good point. An early morning announcement would seem to be a safer bet, but then the people there for looting would probably use the delay as an excuse to riot tonight anyway. Kind of a no-win situation for civilization at-large.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 07:54:38 PM »
Why in the world would they announce the verdict at night?  It seems that it would be better to wait until the morning when all of the protesters will be tired and hungry, the cops will be able to see what's going on, etc...

Pretty much the reason would be that later in the night is when the good people are at home and off the roads and such, and out of the way.

Morning at first light you get *expletive deleted*it started right as the school/workday starts rolling, and then it's a big mess.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 07:58:50 PM »
Pretty much the reason would be that later in the night is when the good people are at home and off the roads and such, and out of the way.

What I was going to say.  8pm is late enough for most people to be home, it's a Monday so not too many people out eating/being entertained.  It's also early enough that most should catch the news today, but perhaps not so early that most can get a good head full of 'steaming mad' going, organized protests/riots.  The real hotheads can riot overnight and be off the streets by morning.

It's also enough time for the Mayor/advisers to put together a speech and have it vetted.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 08:00:47 PM »

Hows the weather in Saint Louie?  Up here, 5 hrs north-east, it's showed over ice, and toadally crappy.  Not that they would have planned this, but such weather would limit mobility.  And then you can just turn out the street lights.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

griz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 08:01:47 PM »
That's a really good point. An early morning announcement would seem to be a safer bet, but then the people there for looting would probably use the delay as an excuse to riot tonight anyway. Kind of a no-win situation for civilization at-large.

The same thought occurred to me.  Even the dumbest social justice warrior would suspect that the delay means no indictment.  Are they "protesting" yet?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:05:29 PM by griz »
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 08:15:27 PM »
Bits I've seen on the FOX looks like the crowds are pretty on edge and ready to cut loose. Still my opinion that there will be violence either way. Maybe a little less so if they hand down an indictment.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 08:21:02 PM »

Morning at first light you get *expletive deleted* it started right as the school/workday starts rolling, and then it's a big mess.

Ah, that makes complete sense.  I guess this is why I'm not in charge!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 08:40:26 PM »
There will be either riots of anger or celebration, IMO. I think the bit about the police getting themselves ready are due to the expectation of riots regardless of the outcome, and agree why 8pm local would be a good time to announce. 
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Grand Jury has a verdict in Ferguson
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »
Well it's 9pm EST and USA Today reports a no bill.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 09:15:58 PM »
here we go

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 09:17:10 PM »
Several MSM outlets are reporting no indictment, but no official word yet.  I am watching the NBC evening news, and they have not yet broken into the coverage with the live annoucement.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 09:18:15 PM »
The live announcement is happening now.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 09:18:46 PM »
I'm watching it live now. Prosecutor  hasn't said yet.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »
I'm watching it live now. Prosecutor  hasn't said yet.

Yep, he's still going on about the investigation

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 09:22:16 PM »
Live announcement still going on, but NBC just said multiple sources close to the family say that the family was told there will be no indictment.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 09:24:18 PM »
Live announcement still going on, but NBC just said multiple sources close to the family say that the family was told there will be no indictment.

I'm guessing the poor guy is trying to convince the masses to stop and pay attention the the facts than the racial BS.
I'm guessing it will be futile.