Author Topic: Grand Jury has a verdict in Ferguson  (Read 33282 times)

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
Re: Grand Jury has a verdict in Ferguson
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2014, 06:13:28 AM »
Who are the real bad guys?
Looters.
Along with the media and race baiters.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2014, 09:11:42 AM »
Looters.
Along with the media and race baiters.

Absolutely, the looters need the cover of the media/race baiters in government.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but utter contempt for the looters and their thug lifestyle. They are just puppets though.

My point is the real bad guys are the ones promoting and subsidizing it through our tax dollars.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2014, 09:31:06 AM »
I hope for the conviction and punishment of ALL involved in burning the buildings down, but I personally increase the tragedy levels by how personal the loss is - a national chain store isn't very personal.

It's extremely personal to the community members who depended on their jobs there to feed and clothe their children.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2014, 09:40:53 AM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2014, 10:50:14 AM »
It's extremely personal to the community members who depended on their jobs there to feed and clothe their children.

And when a small business owner is burned out of not only their job but their life savings?

Like I said before - it's a continuum of suck.

Edit:  Oh yeah, heard something on NPR a while ago.  Seems they did a study and found that extreme race riots can cause home values to drop 10% over values expected without the riots - even 20+ years later.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:05:19 AM by Firethorn »

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2014, 11:01:10 AM »
And when a small business owner is burned out of not only their job but their life savings?

2-10 people are screwed.  Not even as many as the overnight stocking shift at Target.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2014, 11:23:38 AM »
The burning of "black" churches at least in 1990's when Clinton made it a cause celebre', is hoax.

http://www.fumento.com/racism/column8.html

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2011/06/fanning_imaginary_flames_a_look_back_at_the_great_church_fire_propaganda_campaign.html

Yea it's often a scam/gimmick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2014, 11:30:44 AM »
That's an incredibly stupid thing to say. You're better than this Ron.

In his defense, it was incredibly bad phrasing.

What he meant is that the looters and arsonists are but foot soldiers. He's suggesting that those higher up on the, err... "chain of command", are the greater problem.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2014, 12:00:36 PM »
2-10 people are screwed.  Not even as many as the overnight stocking shift at Target.

Yeah, but it's easier(though not easy) for said crew to get a new job than it is for the burned out business owner to start a new business.

Still, at this point I think we're quibbling.  There's so many variables that you can keep drilling down to to increase/decrease the relative levels, but in the end it still royally sucks.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2014, 12:13:24 PM »
Yeah, but it's easier(though not easy) for said crew to get a new job than it is for the burned out business owner to start a new business.

The owner definitely takes a hit, but for keeping the rent and bills paid at home, he can get a job just as easily as anyone else in the community.  Often easier, as other business owners like having employees who understand what they have to deal with.  He also (usually) has the experience of building his business from the ground up on whatever he could save and whatever spare time he could get from a low-paying job, which he can use to do it again.  He might even have the common sense not to do it there next time.

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2014, 12:23:23 PM »
The owner definitely takes a hit, but for keeping the rent and bills paid at home, he can get a job just as easily as anyone else in the community. 

Like I said, at this point we're quibbling.

griz

• friend
« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2014, 12:50:07 PM »
I'm stunned that some of you are defending rioting as if it were a victimless crime.  Just sweep up the glass, go next door for a different job, and everything goes on as before?

Ignoring the direct cost of damages, do you really think anybody is planning to move to Ferguson right now?  Anybody lining up for a new business license at the courthouse? (assuming the courthouse hasn't been burnt down yet)  These "protests" have actual negative impacts.  Look at the town in a year.  They will have cameras on the officers, but other than that, see if things have changed for the better or worse.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »
I'm stunned that some of you are defending rioting as if it were a victimless crime.

Not at all; I just don't think it's any less of a crime to loot or burn a chain store than a local mom and pop.

I will allow the distinction, though, and double the penalty; hang the local store looters with two ropes. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2014, 03:58:53 PM »
There were a lot of comments on the radio last night including playing words by Farakhan saying they need to essentially kill more whitey.  One comment was maybe the white cops in the Ferguson department should all call in sick for a few days.  That comment tied in with the reaction to the NFL players taking the field with the hands up in the air when the local police were working OT to insure the team and fans were not affected by the rioting. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2014, 05:14:53 PM »
I'm stunned that some of you are defending rioting as if it were a victimless crime.  Just sweep up the glass, go next door for a different job, and everything goes on as before?

Ignoring the direct cost of damages, do you really think anybody is planning to move to Ferguson right now?  Anybody lining up for a new business license at the courthouse? (assuming the courthouse hasn't been burnt down yet)  These "protests" have actual negative impacts.  Look at the town in a year.  They will have cameras on the officers, but other than that, see if things have changed for the better or worse.

Hmm, nice straw man you have there. I went back and read the previous posts and didn't see where anyone defended rioting.

The folks were fomented into rioting by the media, provocateurs and some government officials who may very well have wanted a riot. Who burned the church down doesn't matter to the left. They got their talking point about it and it is now grafted into the narrative.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2014, 06:32:47 PM »
I'm stunned that some of you are defending rioting as if it were a victimless crime.  Just sweep up the glass, go next door for a different job, and everything goes on as before?

Is this 'defending rioting'? - "I hope for the conviction and punishment of ALL involved in burning the buildings down, but I personally increase the tragedy levels by how personal the loss is - a national chain store isn't very personal.  A church can be.  Businesses are in the middle, with sole proprietorships tending towards very personal. "

One thing to realize is that there have been plenty of non-violent protests in Ferguson.  There have also been riots.  The former is less news-worthy than the latter.  There have been a couple incidents of what appeared to be the latter being run over by cars plowing through them.  As a matter of liberty I support their right to protest as long as they aren't being violent about it.  I'm sure that not all of the protestors took to rioting.  I'm also with some of the others - I believe that there are agents provocateur that pushed for the riots in order to further various people's causes.

Ignoring the direct cost of damages, do you really think anybody is planning to move to Ferguson right now?  Anybody lining up for a new business license at the courthouse? (assuming the courthouse hasn't been burnt down yet)  These "protests" have actual negative impacts.  Look at the town in a year.  They will have cameras on the officers, but other than that, see if things have changed for the better or worse.

Prediction:  Property values will still be suppressed by about 10% from what they would have been without the riots 20 years from now.  Up to about 20% in the short term(IE 1-3 years).  There was an NPR special where they looked into this with the LA riots.

griz

• friend
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2014, 08:27:18 PM »
OK, poor choice of words on my part.  I probably should have said minimizing the damage.  But anyway, I can see most of what I was referring to was more like a little drift toward chain vs. local stores.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2014, 09:41:26 PM »
Eh,  thought better of it.  (reply to something far enough back to be irrelevant)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:44:45 PM by Andiron »
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2014, 05:06:25 AM »
Want head to asplodey? Read linky. http://www.newsleader.com/story/news/local/2014/12/02/mbc-hosts-discussion-ferguson-shooting/19811029/

Mary Baldwin is a small local college that was all woman, I think they have some male non-resident students now. Very much imbued with a well deserved reputation as a den of privileged stuck up (APS unallowble adjectives) young *ladies* who really think they are special.

Last bit of the article does it for me.
The Rev. Andra Cornett-Scott, a professor of African American studies, helped moderate the event. Cornett-Scott decried what she considered a shroud of secrecy surrounding the shooting investigation. Well, they laid the evidence out. By shroud of secrecy you must mean names of jurors, witnesses, who said what, how they voted, where they live and what bus their kid rides.

The audience watched a video clip of St. Louis County prosecutor Bob McCulloch explaining a grand jury’s determination that there was not enough probable cause that Wilson acted improperly in the shooting.

Senior Danielle Mullen didn’t think McCulloch gave a good enough account of whether Brown had all of his rights explained during the encounter.

“From what was described in the video, that didn’t happen,” Mullen said. Excuse me Mr. 290lb angry man in my car trying to grab my gun and kill me; would you like to take a minute to learn about our lord and savior Mr. Miranda?   WTF
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2014, 05:42:23 AM »
I am shocked someone didn't say he wasn't told about probable cause

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I