Author Topic: How 17 Conservative PACs Are Spending Their Money  (Read 1193 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
How 17 Conservative PACs Are Spending Their Money
« on: February 17, 2015, 11:08:30 AM »
http://rightwingnews.com/john-hawkins/50-million-tubes-17-conservative-pacs-spending-money/

The late, great Eric Hoffer once said that, “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.”

Some people have started to wonder whether that’s happened to groups in the conservative movement – and that’s understandable. Reports about sleazy activities by conservative groups have not exactly been in short supply over the last couple of years. Damaging stories have popped up on the Daily Beast, Mother Jones, Washington Post, the Politico and at the Daily Caller among other outlets. Additionally, for those of us who have a lot of friends in the Tea Party and among grassroots conservatives, stories of abuse have become rampant. That may be why you’ve heard people like Ann Coulter and Dana Loesch publicly suggesting that there are groups out there ripping people off. However, the problem with the articles that have come out so far is that most of them have come from liberal outlets and have only discussed limited aspects of a few organizations. That naturally led people to wonder if they were reading hit pieces. As to the rumors, there are always two sides to every story and it’s difficult to know how much weight to place on anecdotal stories.

So, I decided to find out once and for all what’s really happening with these conservative groups.

I begin to see why "mainstream conservatism" / Conservatism, Inc. likes to portray Coulter and others as "on the fringe" and the like.  "Extremist" being code for, "obstacle on the way to the trough."

It’s also worth noting that there were a lot of interesting details our researcher turned up that won’t be shown in the numbers. For example, did you know that despite the fact that it raised a staggering 13 million dollars, The National Draft Ben Carson for President isn’t affiliated with Ben Carson and the small percentage of money it spent on independent expenditures didn’t go to him? Now you know why Ben Carson’s business manager, Armstrong Williams wouldn’t allow the group’s campaign director to take a picture with Carson and said, “People giving money think it’s going to Dr. Carson and it’s not. …Our hands are tied. We don’t want people exploited.”

We also found quite a few PACS that made large payments to vendors who were owned by people who worked for the PAC...

Here are some section headings:
How An Outright Scam Run By A PAC Can Work

How To Tell A Good PAC From A Bad One

Some Mini-Scandals Our Research Turned Up

It’s Worse Than You Think

The Numbers

Do read the whole article.  It should go without saying that there are lefty and "moderate" scams as well.

Little wonder why the GOP party bosses and their consutlancies are hostile to the base getting involved.  Not only might it cost candidates donations from the corporate welfare & mass-immigration enthusiasts (but I repeat myself), it will cost consutlants big bucks if the moneys are diverted from their preferred PACs.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: How 17 Conservative PACs Are Spending Their Money
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 11:21:56 AM »
I'll get to the article shortly, but let me just say it is increasingly dismaying to me how many people in the Tea Party/III% wing are so easily led. The completely out of place hype around Carson from certain quarters is just one example.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 12:22:07 PM »
I'd like to see exactly what they are spending on.  If it's for their own ads or other materials that's one thing.  It sounds like they are upset that it's not being funneled to candidates for them to do with what they wish.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 03:55:58 PM »
I'll get to the article shortly, but let me just say it is increasingly dismaying to me how many people in the Tea Party/III% wing are so easily led. The completely out of place hype around Carson from certain quarters is just one example.

Many are just as ignorant as the Dem's FSA base, just with a different set of beliefs.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 04:09:01 PM »
Many are just as ignorant as the Dem's FSA base, just with a different set of beliefs.

Correct of course,

but our side has the guns.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 05:06:52 PM »
I'd like to see exactly what they are spending on.  If it's for their own ads or other materials that's one thing.  It sounds like they are upset that it's not being funneled to candidates for them to do with what they wish.

I would imagine ads, publications, and staffing/staffing costs/offices/travel.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 06:09:42 PM »
I would like to know how much is spent for administration versus their own campaign work. 

The really sad part is this is a Huge Industry that exists solely because of idiotic government regulations. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 11:55:06 PM »
Similar problem with non profits

There's one here in Wisconsin, that deals with child abuse issues. Does a LOT of fund raising. Their director dresses in very fashionable clothes, and drives a Lexus to all her speaking engagements (which is all she seems to do). And that is what people think of when we're doing a charity ride, or meeting with agencies
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)