Author Topic: Shooting in Charleston church  (Read 24937 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Shooting in Charleston church
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 12:00:06 PM »
My wife just texted me that the suspect is in custody.
Yup.  Someone saw suspicious activity involving a car matching the one Roof reportedly drove, called the police who stopped him, and arrested him.  It went without much incident and the report says Roof was armed when arrested.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Nine people dead in Charleston church shooting
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 12:00:09 PM »
They caught him in Shelby, NC.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 12:01:46 PM »
My wife just texted me that the suspect is in custody.

Unfortunately not the morgue.

This is going to be a hell of a media circus

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 12:07:57 PM »
I stand by my facebook comments.  Race is his excuse.  He's a pillpopping basketcase. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »
I stand by my facebook comments.  Race is his excuse.  He's a pillpopping basketcase. 

Yep.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 12:11:23 PM »
That would be my guess also. I suspect he's been out there a while. If that is in fact the case you gotta wonder about daddy buying him a gun for his birthday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2015, 12:15:01 PM »
Topics merged and moved to politics, since it seems there will likely be several political subjects coming out of this as the media covers the story.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2015, 12:15:24 PM »
That would be my guess also. I suspect he's been out there a while. If that is in fact the case you gotta wonder about daddy buying him a gun for his birthday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shades of parental pacification a la Newtown. =|
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »
Patiently waiting to see how this will be a confederate flag loving NRA members fault. Apparently the confederate flag is quite popular on Twitter for being blamed. I'm no doctor but that dude is Nuts. Dead effed up eyes and an almost Adam Lanza haircut that says I know I don't belong in normal society and i hate you all.

And besides, I've known/know my share of occasionally semi-literate cracker racists. When exactly does Rhodesia and apartheid come up in their tiny world view?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 12:41:07 PM »
When exactly does Rhodesia and apartheid come up in their tiny world view?

Never.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2015, 12:45:48 PM »
but now i see a facebook picure of him with a front license tag featuring all 3 CS national flags. Latched onto racism to explain his pathetic life? As in a distinct lack of contact with the opposite sex?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2015, 01:09:10 PM »
"I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country..."[/i]

They're raping them in the church, then? Is that why you started there? Or do you have a stack of dead, black rapists somewhere?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
Patiently waiting to see how this will be a confederate flag loving NRA members fault. Apparently the confederate flag is quite popular on Twitter for being blamed. I'm no doctor but that dude is Nuts. Dead effed up eyes and an almost Adam Lanza haircut that says I know I don't belong in normal society and i hate you all.

And besides, I've known/know my share of occasionally semi-literate cracker racists. When exactly does Rhodesia and apartheid come up in their tiny world view?

Nail on the head.  The fact that he has an inkling about anything past shouting *expletive deleted*it like the south shall rise again makes me think he probably secretly obsessed over stuff like Rhodesia.  Serial killer hipster.

but now i see a facebook picure of him with a front license tag featuring all 3 CS national flags. Latched onto racism to explain his pathetic life? As in a distinct lack of contact with the opposite sex?

Likely. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2015, 04:38:31 PM »
Ya know, if you're a white guy that doesn't like black guys raping people; then shooting up a black church and going to jail seems like a really, really poor decision.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2015, 05:24:17 PM »
I went through a phase as a teen/twenty-something where I was fascinated by the post-colonial period in Africa, centered mainly on the mercenary culture and fed by related books and films (The Dogs of War. Dark of the Sun, etc. I never once made the connection that any people, black or white, were inherently inferior and/or evil, except those directly responsible for the associated barbarism. I can find no way to relate murder and mutilation decades ago to people today sitting in church pews thousands of miles away.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2015, 05:50:30 PM »
Is it wrong of me to wonder that if she was at that Bible study in the church, Rachel Dolezal would have suddenly identified as white?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2015, 08:56:11 PM »
Well, the poor victims blood hadn't been mopped up yet when Obama comes on the TV turning this obscenity into a political statement about how we need more gun control. 

Plus he lied again about some stats having to do with mass killings saying that these things happen more in America than anywhere else in the world.  Perhaps he conveniently forgets about the slaughter that is going on all over the globe each day in the name of Islam and other apparent efforts by some folks to eliminate other folks.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2015, 09:04:57 PM »
I'm no doctor but that dude is Nuts. Dead effed up eyes and an almost Adam Lanza haircut that says I know I don't belong in normal society and i hate you all.

All of this. Dude is obviously not right in the head.

Actually, occasionally it does.

I would bet a pretty good bit of money that we will eventually find out this kid spent a huge chunk of time at Stormfront. I bet he glommed information from that cesspool into his lack of real life.

It's not the first time that someone with little to no life experience ends up in an internet subculture that they embrace as though it were totally normal. Sometimes because they're just weird or screwed up, sometimes because they don't know any better.

For comparison, when I was 19 and on my way out of Fundyland I stumbled across THR, APS, and a couple of other gun culture sights that skewed my thinking on a lot of topics inordinately as a result of immersing myself as completely as possible in gun culture. Not that it was bad, necessarily, but it took time to get enough life experience to compare things.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2015, 09:41:33 PM »
Please tell me that SC has the death penalty.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2015, 09:46:23 PM »
Please tell me that SC has the death penalty.

*expletive deleted*ck yes we do. And unlike the hug a thug states, it gets used.

We even have the electric chair as an option. Lethal is the default.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2015, 09:49:18 PM »
Well, the poor victims blood hadn't been mopped up yet when Obama comes on the TV turning this obscenity into a political statement about how we need more gun control. 

Plus he lied again about some stats having to do with mass killings saying that these things happen more in America than anywhere else in civilized the world.  Perhaps he conveniently forgets about the slaughter that is going on all over the globe each day in the name of Islam and other apparent efforts by some folks to eliminate other folks.

He did limit it to the civilized world - which by definition eliminates the USA as well as a number of other first-world countries.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2015, 01:57:11 PM »
Seems the little git has confessed to wanting to start a race war.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2015, 02:00:55 PM »
Seems the little git has confessed to wanting to start a race war.

Oh hell, haven't we got enough Presidential candidates already?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2015, 02:18:40 PM »
Oh hell, haven't we got enough Presidential candidates already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2015, 03:33:56 PM »
As expected, aspects of the story are changing.  One source says that the killer bought the pistol himself:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Gunman-feared-blacks-were-taking-over-the-world-6337028.php#photo-8180032

Meek said Roof told him he used birthday money from his parents to buy a .45 Glock pistol before the attack.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama