Author Topic: Shooting in Charleston church  (Read 24996 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Shooting in Charleston church
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2015, 04:02:16 PM »
Meek said Roof told him he used birthday money from his parents to buy a .45 Glock pistol before the attack.

Once again we have evidence that it's not gun ownership that causes mass murder; it's Glock ownership.

If he'd bought a 1911, he'd be volunteering at a disadvantaged youth camp by now.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2015, 04:32:18 PM »
Seems the little git has confessed to wanting to start a race war.

stay safe.
That just proves he was a pill popping nut job.  If he wanted to start a war he should have gone to Baltimore a few weeks back.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2015, 05:07:52 PM »
That just proves he was a pill popping nut job.  If he wanted to start a war he should have gone to Baltimore a few weeks back.

I'd guess he ruled that out since they tend to shoot back.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2015, 05:37:33 PM »
Saw some folks in charleston show some class today at the bond hearing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2015, 06:01:55 PM »

Yes.  Their willingness to forgive is very Christian of them. 

On a somewhat different topic: it is being reported that the (alleged) killer bought the pistol from a Charleston gun shop:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2015/0619/Charleston-Another-mass-shooting-another-fight-over-gun-control

What’s known so far: Alleged shooter Dylann Roof acted alone, authorities say. Mr. Roof bought his .45 caliber handgun himself legally from a Charleston gun shop. (It was not a birthday gift from his father, as initially reported, although birthday money may have been involved.) Roof has been described by friends and family as introverted and with few friends. He had been heard making racist statements, but had no obvious mental or emotional impairments that – even in hindsight – would have alerted others to developing danger.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2015, 06:20:11 PM »
If only the gun store had been required by federal law to perform a background check.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »
If only the gun store had been required by federal law to perform a background check.
Given the drug comments I saw, I guess he didn't have any serious drug arrests.  Not sure if that means much.  I didn't see any mention of a prescription for drugs though I was curious if any prescribed pcychotropic drugs were involved in some way.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

birdman

• friend
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »
Given the drug comments I saw, I guess he didn't have any serious drug arrests.  Not sure if that means much.  I didn't see any mention of a prescription for drugs though I was curious if any prescribed pcychotropic drugs were involved in some way.

He did, he apparently had a felony drug arrest and was indicted (two months ago?). So he likely just lied on the form and it hadn't hit NICS a yet, because AFAIK, NICS only does convictions?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2015, 06:59:09 PM »
From what I understand at this point,  none of the drug charges had been adjudicated,  so NICS check would still go through showing him OK.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2015, 08:10:49 PM »

Yes.  Their willingness to forgive is very Christian of them. 

You mean the Solicitor's blazingly intelligent move to poison the jury pool in not just SC but possibly the entire country?

Yes, those nice folks are showing some real decency in the face of tragedy.  But allowing encouraging them to speak out at the bond hearing has got to be something besides gross stupidity.  There must be a fix in for something, and especially given that up until now it appears the guy is ready and willing to plead guilty.  What is that fix?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2015, 08:39:22 PM »
From what I understand at this point,  none of the drug charges had been adjudicated,  so NICS check would still go through showing him OK.

The form asks if the buyer is under indictment for a felony, not just convicted. Not that it makes a difference ever.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2015, 09:31:43 PM »
The form asks if the buyer is under indictment for a felony, not just convicted. Not that it makes a difference ever.

I think he's saying that Instant Check wouldn't catch indictments, so it's easier to lie.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2015, 11:26:35 PM »
I think he's saying that Instant Check wouldn't catch indictments, so it's easier to lie.
;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2015, 06:37:46 AM »
I'd guess he ruled that out since they tend to shoot back.

He may be crazy...but he's not that crazy.

A question as to whether he should be called a terrorist:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/charleston-shooting-black-and-muslim-killers-are-terrorists-and-thugs-why-are-white-shooters-called-mentally-ill-10330714.html
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

brimic

• friends
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2015, 08:51:12 AM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/charleston-shooting-black-and-muslim-killers-are-terrorists-and-thugs-why-are-white-shooters-called-mentally-ill-10330714.html

Its all about keeping the narratives straight...
well see he was on anti-anxiety and possibly adhd drugs, which his school, his psychiatrist, and his absentee parents no doubt put him on. He can't be a terrorist, because that would mean that he isn't a special snowflake, but a shitbird who needed a lot more discipline. If we acknowledge that he was a shitbird, then people will start asking questions about the origin of his pill habit, and the pharmaceutical habits of all of the other mass murdering special snowflakes.

With blacks we can keep the blame on rap culture.
With Muslims we can the blame on mosques and 'radicalization' by men with scary beards.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2015, 09:30:33 AM »
If we take him at his word then he is a terrorist and I'm OK with that designation.

As much as I hate what Obama has done recently and the Dems have done historically to race relations I think we should give no quarter at all to the Stormfront type goons who commit violence.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2015, 11:20:22 AM »

Sigh. "White shooters" (she means shooting-spree mass-killers) are usually called mentally ill because they usually are, just like the non-white VA shooter, and the black nut who shot up the Washington Navy Yard. The title is preposterous, given the high-profile case of Hasan, about whom swirled the high-profile controversy of his not being labeled a terrorist. Wasn't Colin Ferguson also considered mentally ill?

So who is refusing to call this guy a terrorist? His actions and statements match the description of terrorism most perfectly. I also heard a race-baiter getting all frothy about how it should be called an assassination. I doubt anyone would object to that characterization either, provided the nut knew he was killing a political figure. 

This is not an act of just 'one hateful person.' It is a manifestation of the racial hatred and white supremacy that continues to pervade our society

:rofl:; just :rofl:

Now here is some equally stupid ranting from a white boy, who's trying to explain the Republican viewpoint that drove Roof to kill. I'm not making this up.

Black people are the engine of the Democratic Party, which is the engine of bad government, which is the engine of illegitimate oppression. They are part of a vast national criminal enterprise — against which our founders gave us a special amendment as a lethal and liberating tool. To kill them is an act of rebellion, the hunting down of the criminal and the freeing of yourself and the just.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-charleston-shooter-racist-violent-and-yes-political-20150619
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:58:42 AM by fistful »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2015, 06:32:00 PM »
The creep is supposed to have a "manifesto" on the web somewhere. The site is not responding, but here's a reprint.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/06/foghorn/charleston-church-attacker-dylann-roofs-manifesto/

Patriotism

I hate the sight of the American flag. Modern American patriotism is an absolute joke. People pretending like they have something to be proud while White people are being murdered daily in the streets. Many veterans believe we owe them something for “protecting our way of life” or “protecting our freedom”. But im not sure what way of life they are talking about. How about we protect the White race and stop fighting for the jews. I will say this though, I myself would have rather lived in 1940’s American than Nazi Germany, and no this is not ignorance speaking, it is just my opinion. So I dont blame the veterans of any wars up until after Vietnam, because at least they had an American to be proud of and fight for.

He, like, totally sounds exactly like a cross between Rand Paul and Jeb Bush.  ;/ He also has a picture of himself burning the American flag, just like every other Tea Party wacko.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2015, 06:48:28 PM »
Da Joos! Da Joos!

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2015, 06:52:12 PM »
Several media outlets are posting that his motivation was the zimmerman trial. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

agricola

• friend
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2015, 07:01:04 PM »
So who is refusing to call this guy a terrorist? His actions and statements match the description of terrorism most perfectly. I also heard a race-baiter getting all frothy about how it should be called an assassination. I doubt anyone would object to that characterization either, provided the nut knew he was killing a political figure.

If thats the case, then there is something wrong with the definition of "terrorism" nowadays.  

Isolated goons like Breivik, like Roof, like Monis are usually the kind of self-inspired social failures that commit these acts - and they usually share a lot of similarities with the rejects that shoot up kids in schools and colleges.  Accepting them as "terrorists" threatens to give them a sort of legitmacy that they really do not deserve, because it accepts that their utterances have some sort of content when usually they are just the rantings of a diseased, lazy mind.  

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2015, 07:44:58 PM »
If thats the case, then there is something wrong with the definition of "terrorism" nowadays.  

Isolated goons like Breivik, like Roof, like Monis are usually the kind of self-inspired social failures that commit these acts - and they usually share a lot of similarities with the rejects that shoot up kids in schools and colleges.  Accepting them as "terrorists" threatens to give them a sort of legitmacy that they really do not deserve, because it accepts that their utterances have some sort of content when usually they are just the rantings of a diseased, lazy mind.  

So, you're saying that terrorism...is...legitimate?

Don't be silly. He killed noncombatants, more or less at random, to further a social/political viewpoint. That's terrorism.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2015, 09:06:32 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/06/foghorn/charleston-church-attacker-dylann-roofs-manifesto/

Quote from: The Creep
Please forgive any typos, I didnt have time to check it.

White people invented something called spell-check, so we could oppress all those ebonics-speaking people and such-like. It takes almost no time at all.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2015, 10:03:45 PM »
So, you're saying that terrorism...is...legitimate?

Don't be silly. He killed noncombatants, more or less at random, to further a social/political viewpoint. That's terrorism.

No, I am saying that allowing Roof to claim he killed those folks for a reason is to allow him some form of legitimacy, given that one mans freedom fighter etc etc.  Like it or not, throwing the term "terrorist" around for this kind of thing does make people think of PIRA, of the Irgun, of the Red Army Brigades, of Baader-Meinhof and the rest.  He isnt one of those.

Roof is a murdering scumbag who shot nine innocents in a church.  He really doesnt need any other label. 

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2015, 10:13:55 PM »
Several media outlets are posting that his motivation was the zimmerman trial. 

I read the manifesto, and that is a gross mischaracterization. The Zimmerman trial (and not to re-beat that dead horse, but what Roof saw as the railroading of Zimmerman) let to his researching of black on white crime which in turn led to a very dark corner of the internet.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.