Author Topic: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)  (Read 46299 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2015, 08:18:38 PM »
I'm inclined to agree.  While flashbacks have their place, I think the episode would have worked better had they told the story chronologically.

I didn't really care one way or the other, but it did remind me of that one Seinfeld episode.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 08:41:48 PM »
There's an old Bob Hope movie called  THE  GHOST BREAKERS in which Hope's character travels to a Caribbean island infested with zombies.   Hope doesn't have a good idea of what a zombie is, so a companion explains they're mindless automotons who are only capable of following orders,  they have no independent will.
So,  Hope responds to this; "oh,  you mean like democrats." =D

I guffawed!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2015, 10:18:15 AM »
Well, we know who was honking the horn.

Without over-spoiling, it seems odd that the W's have no firearms. Nearly everyone and their brother has a gun, even if it's just one or a few for a group. With the savageness of the W's, it seems like they should have guns to spare. Unless there is something even more sinister going on that forces them not to have any, given the one W's comment at the end of the episode. Also, do we know who took Rick's hidden Glock last season?

Also I guess Carol's secret is out.  :laugh:   Though I would have kept someone alive for intel.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2015, 10:49:06 AM »
All I can say about that episode is WOW. Holy crap on a cracker WOW!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2015, 06:15:53 PM »
I love Carol
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 06:21:53 PM »
Morgan is going to be a liability IMO.  Letting those loons escape so they can regroup and share what they know about Alexandria and its inhabitants.  And now at least one of the Wolves has a firearm.  Not good.  Maybe he's been watching too many Kung Fu reruns.

And yes, Carol is badass.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2015, 06:54:02 PM »
Morgan might have seen through his idiocy when he did that at least.  I feel like he might have killed that last dude.

Carol being Carol.  She's brutal and it's why she's still alive.  She's such a chameleon I love how she took the risk of identifying as a W to get to the armory.

Oh and I feel like the W's are definitely some kind of cult, and that's why they aren't armed.  The upper ups will be, but the soldiers, not so much.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2015, 08:23:10 PM »
Oh and I feel like the W's are definitely some kind of cult, and that's why they aren't armed.  The upper ups will be, but the soldiers, not so much.

That's my hunch as well: a cult out to "cleanse the world" or some such.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2015, 09:01:39 PM »
That's my hunch as well: a cult out to "cleanse the world" or some such.

Yeah, even when the cannibals killed people, they just killed them efficiently for their needs. These guys seem to take their time and keep hacking and stabbing long after their enemy is dead.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 09:27:03 AM »
Well, we know who was honking the horn.

Without over-spoiling, it seems odd that the W's have no firearms. Nearly everyone and their brother has a gun, even if it's just one or a few for a group. With the savageness of the W's, it seems like they should have guns to spare. Unless there is something even more sinister going on that forces them not to have any, given the one W's comment at the end of the episode. Also, do we know who took Rick's hidden Glock last season?

Also I guess Carol's secret is out.  :laugh:   Though I would have kept someone alive for intel.
Was that the guy talking to Morgan? If so, what did he say to him? I watched that part a couple of times without being able to understand what he said before I erased the episode from my DVR.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2015, 09:39:26 AM »
"If so, what did he say to him?"

What did Morgan say to the Wolf?

"I'm sorry."

And then he whacks him with the quarter staff, leaving the clear impression that he killed him.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2015, 09:45:20 AM »
"If so, what did he say to him?"

What did Morgan say to the Wolf?

"I'm sorry."

And then he whacks him with the quarter staff, leaving the clear impression that he killed him.
What did the Wolf say to Morgan?
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2015, 09:54:22 AM »
Oh, something about "You can't do it, can you," which I took to mean that he didn't think Morgan could take his life.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2015, 09:55:43 AM »
What did the Wolf say to Morgan?

Well, there were two Wolves in the end interacting with Morgan. The one Mike is referring to first said something like "You can't, can you?" (referring to Morgan not killing him) "You should have." Then Morgan wacks him.

The other guy is from the group Morgan ran into last season and is the one who took the pistol before he left. After Morgan tells him to change his ways, he says something along the lines of "I can't" or "I don't have a choice". I'm paraphrasing because I erased the episode as well, but that was pretty close. Which is why the "cult" speculation is going on.

Edit: Mike got in while I was writing my reply.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2015, 10:19:33 AM »
Oh, something about "You can't do it, can you," which I took to mean that he didn't think Morgan could take his life.
Thank you...for some reason I kept hearing it as "mumble, mumble...is that you?..."

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2015, 10:24:07 AM »
Well, there were two Wolves in the end interacting with Morgan. The one Mike is referring to first said something like "You can't, can you?" (referring to Morgan not killing him) "You should have." Then Morgan wacks him.

The other guy is from the group Morgan ran into last season and is the one who took the pistol before he left. After Morgan tells him to change his ways, he says something along the lines of "I can't" or "I don't have a choice". I'm paraphrasing because I erased the episode as well, but that was pretty close. Which is why the "cult" speculation is going on.

I will need to watch that previous episode again when it becomes available...I missed that connection.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2015, 11:12:47 AM »

BOTH of the Wolves with whom Morgan interacts at the end - the one who takes the pistol and the Goth boy -- were the ones he encountered last season and whom he left stranded in the car.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2015, 11:19:36 AM »

BOTH of the Wolves with whom Morgan interacts at the end - the one who takes the pistol and the Goth boy -- were the ones he encountered last season and whom he left stranded in the car.

I didn't even catch that regarding the other guy. You almost need to binge watch the whole previous season of this show before the new season starts to remind yourself of what's going on (or have a better memory than me).  :laugh:

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2015, 10:04:20 PM »
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2015, 10:06:45 PM »
*expletive deleted*ing bastard ahole mother *expletive deleted*ers!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2015, 10:14:10 PM »
Please let it be a hallucination. ..

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2015, 10:21:08 PM »
Yeah, that sucked. Gotta give the writers credit for wrapping the audience up in it all though.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2015, 10:30:17 PM »
Wait. Episode 1 the flashback scene...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re:
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2015, 11:26:00 PM »
Wait. Episode 1 the flashback scene...

I don't remember.

On IMDB though, they said he's been spotted on the set filming future scenes with a new character, so that would be a giveaway that this was one big tease. Somebody else said that the "dumbass" comment on the radio also gave it away, but I don't remember how that relates either.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2015, 07:32:53 AM »
Season 1, Rick is trapped in the tank in Atlanta. Glen comes over the radio -- "Hey Dumbass, you comfortable in there," or something like that.

After Beth was killed last season, I had hoped we were seeing the end of deaths of regular characters for awhile. I really hope that this was some sort of hallucination that Glen had from the shock of seeing Nicholas blow his brains out.

The B&W flashback scenes in episode 1 make it seem as if Glen is part of the crew that gathers in Alexandria after the Wolves and the heard is dealt with.

AND I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHY NO ONE HAS FIGURED OUT THE SIMPLEST *expletive deleted*ing BODY ARMOR!