Author Topic: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)  (Read 46209 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2015, 10:13:50 AM »
. . . AND I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHY NO ONE HAS FIGURED OUT THE SIMPLEST *expletive deleted*ing BODY ARMOR!
The figured it out - Glen had body armor back in the prison settlement days - but everyone else seems to have forgotten about it.

When I saw how the woman in charge of the armory was quivering during the W attack - with access to more guns & ammo than a person could carry - it was just . . . . :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

(Hmm . . . the evil bad guys are painting "W" on themselves . . . wonder if there's a political subtext the writers are working in because of how they feel about a previous POTUS . . .  [tinfoil] )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2015, 10:16:44 AM »
Season 1, Rick is trapped in the tank in Atlanta. Glen comes over the radio -- "Hey Dumbass, you comfortable in there," or something like that.

Ah, okay - I thought you meant episode 1 this season, given that it was half flashbacks.

The hallucination scene would be a way to keep Glenn alive (and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere), but I would have to take back my kudos to the writers. That's kind of a weak "Dallas" way to do it. Also weak would be that the guts being eaten were those of Nicholas laying on top of Glenn, and Glenn somehow escaping being underneath a bazillion walkers bite free.

I also agree, we would have seen half the character deaths if people had been wearing nothing additional but long sleeved leather jackets. Or gloves for Pete's sake, considering how often they dispatch zombies with 4" blades.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2015, 10:23:47 AM »
Well, episode 1 of this season also figures in.

I could swear there was a scene, which looked as if it were one of the "after the wolfes/herd had been dealt with," that included Glenn.

Which would mean that he didn't die.

But the dumb ass comment was definitely from season 1 episode 1 or 2, can't remember exactly which.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »
Interesting article from Vox...

Of course, them being libby pantywaist commie arseholz, they want Glen to be dead...

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/26/9614306/the-walking-dead-episode-3-recap-glenn-dead
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2015, 01:35:40 PM »
Interesting article from Vox...

Of course, them being libby pantywaist commie arseholz, they want Glen to be dead...

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/26/9614306/the-walking-dead-episode-3-recap-glenn-dead

Nice of them to put the spoiler right in the URL.  Jackwagons.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2015, 07:11:45 PM »
Also weak would be that the guts being eaten were those of Nicholas laying on top of Glenn, and Glenn somehow escaping being underneath a bazillion walkers bite free.

Weak, perhaps, but I think this is the correct answer.  If Glenn covered himself in ichor, he might escape.  The angle of the guts being consumed didn't look right to me, so I think you got it.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2015, 07:16:57 PM »
 If Glenn covered himself in ichor, he might escape.  

But wouldn't it have to be walker guts vs Nicholas guts? I would think Nicholas guts would attract walkers, being "fresh" and all.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2015, 07:20:19 PM »
But wouldn't it have to be walker guts vs Nicholas guts? I would think Nicholas guts would attract walkers, being "fresh" and all.

Yes.  But he might have been able to just squirm out while they're chowing on Nicholas.  Glenn has gotten out of some seriously tight spots before, it's his specialty.

Glenn had body armor as recently as last season.   It's the heavy riot gear stuff and he said it was heavy to wear.

That said, if we're talking TWD zombies, I'm heading to a motorcycle shop for some leather.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2015, 07:34:16 PM »
Glenn had body armor as recently as last season.   It's the heavy riot gear stuff and he said it was heavy to wear.

Didn't Glenn lose the body armor at Terminus?  I seem to recall Rick spotted one of the Termites wearing it when he arrived.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Neemi

• friend
Re:
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2015, 07:39:49 PM »
Body armor? Great idea. Or there's this...

https://youtu.be/Uo66cJT6hWw

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re:
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2015, 07:46:51 PM »
Body armor? Great idea. Or there's this...

https://youtu.be/Uo66cJT6hWw

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

:rofl:

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2015, 10:30:27 PM »
I'm going with that being Nicholas being munched on top of glen. Still pretty far fetched though.
They did not mention glen in the people the got killed on the talking dead show.
I did not read the novel, but according to some others he is alive much later in the books.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2015, 09:07:07 AM »
Was Glenn screaming while being ripped apart? Even if they were ripping into the other guy wouldn't they then start on Glenn?
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2015, 09:11:06 AM »
I watched Talking Dead last night, and they had a note from one of the show's producers, who said (rather cagily) that Glen would be seen in one form or another in coming episodes.

Of course, that doesn't mean squat about whether heads dead or zed chow, as he could be seen in hallucinations (aka Beth), flashbacks, or even as a zombie himself.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2015, 04:51:40 PM »
Entertainment Tonight thinks Glenn is still alive: http://www.etonline.com/news/174749_the_walking_dead_glenn_is_alive_steven_yeun/

Hard to see how he could have possibly escaped all those walkers, though.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2015, 05:28:10 PM »
I get that it's a zombie show... but there comes a point where you risk turning a lot of people off by killing a pivotal character.

If glenn is dead, they may have reached that point with me.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2015, 09:18:46 AM »
I get that it's a zombie show... but there comes a point where you risk turning a lot of people off by killing a pivotal character.

So far most of the people getting killed this season are either the lambs or the wolves. The lambs more so from being so clueless to the world outside their walls and being stubbornly ignorant  (almost proud) of it.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2015, 10:15:10 AM »

I think this show is something different, though. It's always been pretty clear that the only TRULY pivotal characters are Rick and Carl. People who know the comics already know that they're the only two completely safe characters.

The producers have never been shy about saying that they'd kill off anyone to move the story forward.

How many pivotal characters have come and gone already?

Shane
Lori (debatable on how pivotal she was, but I personally think she was)
Dale
Herschel
Lori
the Gov (although by the time he was killed he wasn't as pivotal)
Beth (she didn't start out as pivotal, but she became pivotal)
Tyrees

So far the one that's caused the most angst was Beth, I think in a lot of ways because she was a very sympathetic character who had a hidden depth and strength to her.

I think the two characters who might cause riots if they're killed off are Darryl and Carol.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2015, 09:42:11 AM »
Well, I have to say last night's episode was not all that bad. I was expecting 90 minutes of Morgan's feelings to be a snoozefest. It explained what happened to him in a way that kinda sorta explains why he went overboard on what we would consider tactical mistakes in dealing with the living. The end scene might have set up his becoming more rational about dealing with the living (or maybe not).

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2015, 10:16:15 AM »
I really thought he had killed that guy.

I'm bummed that John Carol Lynch won't be a regular, or semi-regular. I really like him as an actor.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2015, 08:52:12 PM »
Well, I have to say last night's episode was not all that bad. I was expecting 90 minutes of Morgan's feelings to be a snoozefest. It explained what happened to him in a way that kinda sorta explains why he went overboard on what we would consider tactical mistakes in dealing with the living. The end scene might have set up his becoming more rational about dealing with the living (or maybe not).

I just finished watching it. Excellent story. I really hope Morgan is on for a long while to come.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

JN01

• friend
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2015, 09:22:12 PM »
Morgan seems to be an all-or-nothing kind of guy.  Kill 'em all, or kill no one.  Stop at nothing to survive, or beg someone to kill him.  Find a spot in the middle, dude.

Great episode though.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2015, 09:56:47 PM »
The way Eastman got bitten was kind of contrived.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2015, 07:18:25 AM »
The way Eastman got bitten was kind of contrived.

I sort of thought the same thing...

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2015, 08:00:49 AM »
Well at least someone on the show realized the practicality of the pointy stick in dealing with zombies. Other than just a static defense that is.