Author Topic: "No Child Left Behind" Law Replaced by "Every Student Succeeds" Act  (Read 5702 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
From the department of "You can't make this **** up."

Failed "No Child Left Behind" Law Replaced by Even More Implausibly Entitled "Every Student Succeeds" Act

Early in the 21st Century, noted education experts Ted Kennedy and George W. Bush got together to push through Congress the bipartisan No Child Left Behind act mandating that 100% of American public school students be above average by last year.

As luck would have it, that didn’t actually happen.

But now Obama has just signed a new bipartisan bill to replace No Child Left Behind, the even more implausibly entitled Every Student Succeeds act.

But don’t say that nobody never learns nothing. While Every Student Succeeds sounds like it’s bound to fail, this time Congress didn’t mandate that students actually do much of anything; so, looked at from the right perspective, Every Student Succeeds can’t miss.

"During the Camacho administration, The House of Representin' passed the "You're Just ****ing Awesome And Get Automatic Straight-As" education reform bill."

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: "No Child Left Behind" Law Replaced by "Every Student Succeeds" Act
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 12:03:43 PM »
" ' No Child Left Behind' Law Replaced by 'Every Student Succeeds' Act."

Well, THAT changes everything. :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 12:06:11 PM »
"Every student succeeds"

Well, if the object is to get a participation trophy (like they hand out for "competitive" sports in some schools) I suppose universal success is possible.  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 12:21:06 PM »
When I saw the thread title with "Every Student Succeeds" as the name of the new law, I thought it was a sarcastic description of another dreamy eyed attempt to achieve the Lake Woebegone like result of "all the children are above average"  But now I see that's the actual name.  Wow, reality keeps chipping away at satire.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 08:45:36 AM »
Well that will go great with the future 'equal pay for everyone act.'
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 10:01:08 AM »
When I saw the thread title with "Every Student Succeeds" as the name of the new law, I thought it was a sarcastic description of another dreamy eyed attempt to achieve the Lake Woebegone like result of "all the children are above average"  But now I see that's the actual name.  Wow, reality keeps chipping away at satire.

Were an author to do somehting in a work of fiction, it would be regarded as "heavy handed and unbelievable."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 11:03:37 AM »

Popped up on my dash; seemed particularly relevant.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.