Author Topic: RIP Grizzly Adams  (Read 1151 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
RIP Grizzly Adams
« on: January 15, 2016, 04:06:20 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/01/15/grizzly-adams-star-dan-haggerty-dead-at-74/?intcmp=hpff

Dan Haggerty has passed. Always liked him even if the TV show got a little too granola.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: RIP Grizzly Adams
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 11:06:43 AM »
Too many celebs kicking the bucket lately that I remember watching while I was growing up.  I can't be that old.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 06:25:25 PM »
One of my favorite teevee shows as a kid.  I saw them in re-runs.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 10:59:38 PM »
R.I P. Grizzly Adams! Just saw you not too long ago on American Pickers!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G