Author Topic: "Dear Establishment" epic rant.  (Read 6508 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: "Dear Establishment" epic rant.
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2016, 01:18:01 PM »
Aside from claiming he doesn't like illegal immigration, what exactly is ANY actual redeeming quality of the man?

Dude bemoans corporations moving US jobs overseas, and then does the same thing. His clothing line is made overseas. His resorts apparently use the hell out of temporary work-visa programs to bring in foreign workers. He claims government using its power of eminent domain to violate the property rights of it citizens, then when he tried using the same thing for personal profit. He supported the AWB. He wants a single payer healthcare system like Canada, which puts him left of Hillary Clinton. Who he regularly donated money to. Hilarious part is he's cut checks to the Dems for at least 20x the amount he's given to Republicans.
He's a UNIVERSE  class con man. Bypasses Galaxy class.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: "Dear Establishment" epic rant.
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 01:18:55 PM »
The party of limited government...

Which one would that be?  

I'm not whining.

Well, "caps-lock eleventy-raging while making unsubstantiated, foul-mouthed, and impolite accusations of desperation and blindness" is hard to rope into a cheese quip.  

So, I'll take it, and the cheese, back.

Don't worry it will be after he secures the nomination, thus delivering the presidency to his good pal Hillary.

Maximum HILarity:
Both Trump and Hill implode after getting their party's nod, leaving the contest for POTUS between whomever both chose as their running mate.  "War of the Midgets"  "The Battle of Second Bananas"

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 01:23:58 PM »
Trump. The guy whose clothing line is made overseas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2016, 01:49:08 PM »
Unfortunately that target group is revealing their lack of critical thinking skills and knowledge of historical examples of charasmatic leaders taking advantage of an exasperated populus.

So, pretty much the ideal target voters for every successful candidate in living memory.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2016, 02:08:22 PM »
So, pretty much the ideal target voters for every successful candidate in living memory.

Yes. Even Cruz supporters!!
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2016, 02:37:11 PM »
Yes. Even Cruz supporters!!

Nope!  Unfortunately Cruz isn't charismatic.

I'm voting for him, and I am disgusted with Republicans voting for this Trump sleazebag.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2016, 02:40:52 PM »
Nope!  Unfortunately Cruz isn't charismatic.

I'm voting for him, and I am disgusted with Republicans voting for this Trump sleazebag.

Your vote. Cast it for who you want.   You do realize that Cruz is peddling the same *expletive deleted*it, and relying on "useful" folks to support it.  Just like all the others.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2016, 02:44:10 PM »
The only difference between the parties is which cheek of the horse's ass they are.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2016, 02:52:50 PM »
Trump's business savvy sensed a market.  A market of fed up, lied to, disenfranchised conservative voters.  He threw together some weakly constructed talking points which have taken wing with his target group.  Unfortunately that target group is revealing their lack of critical thinking skills and knowledge of historical examples of charasmatic leaders taking advantage of an exasperated populus.

The best thing I ever learned in high school government class was "The job of President of the United States pays poorly and severly ages each person who holds its title. Thousands of people all over the world want to kill him.  He and his family perpetually live under armed guard.      The only reason a man would consider the position is for the power."

Now, examine Trump's history, the New York facts, not the Hollywood hype.  
Finally ask yourself what Trump really wants,to do with that power, and how he might apply it.

He's a dangerous choice.

And,  of course, none of     the others are trying to obtain power..... ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »
I'm not whining. Trump's supporters have almost nothing of substance to offer in his favor, besides him being "anti-establishment" (which is effing hilarious, btw. How delusional do you have to be to call Trump anti-establishment), and "HE SAYS WHAT HE MEANS" (How that alone is a plus, is beyond me.)
<<snip>>

Trump doesn't "say what he means."  He says what his audience wants to hear.  That's what makes him so successful; he'll say absolutely anything to get the crowd on his side.  Even if what today's crowd wants to hear is exactly the opposite of what he told yesterday's crowd.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2016, 04:41:35 PM »

I was thinking specifically of a sucessful German candidate's target voting bloc approximately 90 years ago.
7-11 was a part time job.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2016, 04:46:39 PM »
 :lol:   [popcorn]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2016, 07:33:14 PM »
As some other pundit observed, the voters are now willing to bite the hand that slapped them.

Why Trump? Name recognition, and an attitude among voters that says "Trump may be an <expletive>, but he's not YOUR <expletive>."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2016, 07:41:16 PM »
As some other pundit observed, the voters are now willing to bite the hand that slapped them.

Why Trump? Name recognition, and an attitude among voters that says "Trump may be an <expletive>, but he's not YOUR <expletive>."

well, actually he is their *expletive deleted*hole.

But that doesn't matter. The thing about Trump is not what he is, but how he's figured out what the masses what to hear and he's giving it too them. Obama did it, too (and Bernie is doing it as well, although I think he's actually stupid enough to believe his own patter)

The GOP has it's head in the sand. So does the DNC. Save the popcorn for the next election cycle, because it will be interesting to see if they end up learning something from this cluster *expletive deleted*ck or not.*

*if we actually make it to another election cycle...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2016, 09:22:02 PM »

But that doesn't matter. The thing about Trump is not what he is, but how he's figured out what the masses what to hear and he's giving it too them. Obama did it, too (and Bernie is doing it as well, although I think he's actually stupid enough to believe his own patter)

The GOP has it's head in the sand. So does the DNC. Save the popcorn for the next election cycle, because it will be interesting to see if they end up learning something from this cluster *expletive deleted*ck or not.*

Trump gives himself a special title.  Like, oh, "Leader".
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2016, 09:43:53 PM »

I wonder if he gets his topee's from the same place Kim Jong gets his bowl cuts.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2016, 10:14:04 PM »

"Law-giver" "Deal-maker."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2016, 11:23:06 PM »
I wonder if he gets his topee's from the same place Kim Jong gets his bowl cuts.

Or the same place Rubio got his lady boots.  :rofl:

Abraham Lincoln

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2016, 05:24:15 AM »
Which one would that be?  

Well, "caps-lock eleventy-raging while making unsubstantiated, foul-mouthed, and impolite accusations of desperation and blindness" is hard to rope into a cheese quip.  

Supposedly, the republican party. People all over who claim to dislike "government" in their lives are supporting a statist. This is objective fact.

As for the rest, Wasn't raging, wasn't all in caps, and although foul-mouthed, it certainly isn't unsubstantiated. if my language hurts your poor widdwe feelings, I can adjust.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2016, 06:05:41 AM »
I can't help but wonder if Trump's run for the nomination is really a way for him to jam a thumb in the eye of the Republican party.  He wins the nomination, loses the general to HRC, and the next day we hear Trump do his best Nelson imitation "Ha, ha!" to the Republican leadership as he wanders back home to run his businesses.  Mission accomplished.
Historically there has been no love lost between them.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2016, 07:38:37 AM »

They haven't learned over the past 20 years or so, why should they now?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!