Author Topic: A terrible thing to waste  (Read 4754 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
A terrible thing to waste
« on: July 11, 2016, 01:21:09 PM »
Here is the story of young disciple of Michael Brown in my area. He got into an internet argument with a police officer, and then broke into his home, to conclude their discussion. He was shot and killed.

Link.

Here are some people complaining about an 8-year sentence for a BLM protestor who tried to burn down another Quiktrip, next door to Ferguson, and for a couple of other crimes.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2015/12/11/ferguson-protesters-express-shock-at-eight-year-sentence-for-joshua-williams

They didn't seem to think their lives mattered.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
Re: A terrible thing to waste
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 04:50:52 PM »
Last month, the nineteen-year-old Williams pleaded guilty to arson, burglary and stealing; the charges stemmed from a December 23, 2014 protest during which Williams was recorded entering a Berkeley QuikTrip (which had initially been broken into by looters) and lighting fires inside and outside the convenience store. 
From the 2nd link.  I don't know what attempted arson along with other crimes usually gets you.  If he burned down the house of one of the "shocked" people, I doubt they would have an issue with the sentence. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: A terrible thing to waste
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 05:28:32 PM »
News people.  Due to the mostly historical risk of a building fire taking out major parts of a city, as well as the still existing threat to people inside the building, as well as the sheer amount of property damage possible, arson is still considered an extremely serious offense.