Author Topic: Dear parents of a patient  (Read 688 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Dear parents of a patient
« on: July 12, 2016, 11:03:42 AM »
Dear both sets of parents of a patient:

Having done it myself, I understand better than most trying to coordinate two households and medical care of a child after a divorce.  This can be especially difficult when CPS is involved over allegations that one set of parents is not ensuring that the child takes essential medication.  If the child is not compliant on the meds, the child will end up in the ER with significant breathing difficulties.

My pharmacy has gone above and beyond the call of duty in working the insurance to try to ensure that both households have equal sets of the expensive required medication, since apparently both sets of parents cannot communicate enough to share meds back and forth.  Both sets of parents alternate coming in each month for a supply of the meds.  For one set of parents to come into the pharmacy and ask for the June meds in July and to back-bill the insurance, I am sorry but that is considered insurance fraud.  Shrieking at my pharmacist, threatening litigation and claiming that 'CPS law' requires us to give the stepfather one supply of meds when it is the month for the other set of parents to pick up the supply of meds, gives me quite a frowny face. 

My primary concern is the care of the child, and I will be chatting with the pediatrician momentarily.  But know this: if you harass my staff again, you can start getting your meds at Walgreen's and paying full price for them.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Dear parents of a patient
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 12:16:44 PM »
Sounds like the kid is going to grow up perfectly fine...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 12:21:43 PM »
People suck and it pisses me off when a kid is placed in the middle of two parents that can't get along.  Sounds like the kid would be better off with a new set of parents altogether.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 01:59:44 PM »
People suck and it pisses me off when a kid is placed in the middle of two parents that can't get along.  Sounds like the kid would be better off with a new set of parents altogether.

The children would be better off if adults would act like adults and put aside their own interests and put the welfare of the child first. In EVERYTHING.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought