Author Topic: The Final Debate  (Read 6394 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: The Final Debate
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2016, 02:37:19 PM »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 03:44:46 PM »
Targeting is another discussion.

"Target the reavers.  Target everybody.  Somebody fire!!"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2016, 04:52:43 PM »
"Target the reavers.  Target everybody.  Somebody fire!!"

Maybe it's just me, but that's one of my favorite parts of that movie. He all but stole that movie right out from under the TV cast.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 08:15:28 PM »
Trumps buffoonery isn't really buffoonery oftentimes.

He keeps harping on the rigged nature of the election process and every time there is an irregularity it lends credence to his words.

I've seen more stories about voting irregularities this time around than any other election than I can recall.

Trump is emboldening folks to actually look, find and call it out.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2016, 09:49:16 PM »
I was kind of hopping trump would take one for the team. Like walking up to her to shake hands and go all hulk.
Hulk smash.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 09:50:39 PM »
The boob tube was on in the shop above the shooting range this afternoon. I saw Charles Krauthammer, whose opinions I have until now generally respected, stating that Trump  is wrong to not come out and say that he WILL accept the result of the election, because "historically" that's what we have done in previous elections (with one exception), and because it's important for everyone to believe that the election process is fair and objective.

That's what he said, and I stood there wondering what he was smoking just before he went on camera. Why in the world should anyone "believe" the election is fair and above-board in the face of hard evidence all over the country that the process is NOT fair and above-board?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2016, 09:51:58 PM »
I was wanting a wwe cage match or better yet thunder dome. Disappointed again.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2016, 10:11:08 PM »
The boob tube was on in the shop above the shooting range this afternoon. I saw Charles Krauthammer, whose opinions I have until now generally respected, stating that Trump  is wrong to not come out and say that he WILL accept the result of the election, because "historically" that's what we have done in previous elections (with one exception), and because it's important for everyone to believe that the election process is fair and objective.

That's what he said, and I stood there wondering what he was smoking just before he went on camera. Why in the world should anyone "believe" the election is fair and above-board in the face of hard evidence all over the country that the process is NOT fair and above-board?

I find it very 1984ish to see all the media outrage coming out at the suggetion that the voting process may be rigged. Why should you accept a result if there is credible evidence that there was foul play. Don't question the holy of holies  ;/
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2016, 11:03:06 PM »
Our election system is distributed. If it's (significantly) crooked, it's crooked in so many places at so many times by so many different elected officials that you've got to have your tinfoil on very tightly to buy it. I can buy that there's corruption at the local level (duh) but the idea that there's corruption widespread enough, on only one side, to influence a presidential election is not realistic.

That would have to be some kind of vast left/right wing conspiracy. Now, if someone goes for that kind of thinking that's fine but you can't really have a discussion if the basic assumption is that everyone is corrupt, including all the grannies that volunteer for the polling stations.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2016, 11:11:50 PM »
LOok guys, I'm going to have to side with the MSM on this one.

The fact is that in the past in the close election between Bush and Gore, democrats lined up to support the process for the good of the country.  Say what you will about them, but the democrats absolutely did not rattle on for years about how Bush stole the election in attempts to delegitimise his presidency.  They accepted the results of the election.

There's no telling where we'd be today if they hadn't.  What Trump is doing is a completely new danger zone.  Ask yourselves people:  would we even have an America today if the democrats hadn't put self interest aside and accepted that Bush won against Gore?  We have got to show the same civic virtue this time around!
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2016, 11:17:37 PM »
LOok guys, I'm going to have to side with the MSM on this one.

The fact is that in the past in the close election between Bush and Gore, democrats lined up to support the process for the good of the country.  Say what you will about them, but the democrats absolutely did not rattle on for years about how Bush stole the election in attempts to delegitimise his presidency.  They accepted the results of the election.

There's no telling where we'd be today if they hadn't.  What Trump is doing is a completely new danger zone.  Ask yourselves people:  would we even have an America today if the democrats hadn't put self interest aside and accepted that Bush won against Gore?  We have got to show the same civic virtue this time around!
   DeSelby, the democrats on your planet must be different than the ones on my planet .....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2016, 11:24:53 PM »
   DeSelby, the democrats on your planet must be different than the ones on my planet .....

What're you implying?  That they didn't accept the results of the 2000 election?

I can prove you wrong.  America still exists, and according to the MSM it would be destroyed if anyone running for office refused to accept the outcome.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2016, 11:32:20 PM »
Say what you will about them, but the democrats absolutely did not rattle on for years about how Bush stole the election in attempts to delegitimise his presidency.  They accepted the results of the election.
So I suppose the recurrent Democrat cries of "Selected, Not Elected" which continued until the next election meant something else entirely than a refusal to accept the election as legitimate?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2016, 11:34:07 PM »
What're you implying?  That they didn't accept the results of the 2000 election?

I can prove you wrong.  America still exists, and according to the MSM it would be destroyed if anyone running for office refused to accept the outcome.

What do you mean they "accepted" it? They didn't and still bitch about 2000 to this day..

If by "not accepting" you mean some sort of revolt or coup, Clinton refusing to leave the White House and trying to command the military to help him keep control? Then yes... I guess they "accepted it".  ;/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpYwiYvSO8M

Many of us are getting sick of constantly battling against the inherent double-standards endemic to this sort of Alinskyite bullshit.  Much of the American Left owes the fact they are still breathing because the productive class in this country have jobs, kids, and mortgages.
I promise not to duck.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2016, 11:34:38 PM »
So I suppose the recurrent Democrat cries of "Selected, Not Elected" which continued until the next election meant something else entirely than a refusal to accept the election as legitimate?

What's this you say?  Democrats didn't accept an election and the world kept turning!

How has no one noticed this today when we're all freaking out about Trump!?

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2016, 11:35:41 PM »
Wh
Many of us are getting sick of constantly battling against the inherent double-standards endemic to this sort of Alinskyite bullshit.  Much of the American Left owes the fact they are still breathing because the productive class in this country have jobs, kids, and mortgages.

That Trump doesn't get stuck in this kind of left vs right crap is to his credit

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2016, 11:36:43 PM »
What're you implying?  That they didn't accept the results of the 2000 election?

I can prove you wrong.  America still exists, and according to the MSM it would be destroyed if anyone running for office refused to accept the outcome.
The  democrats  accused the supreme court of being "rigged,"  Bush was "illegitimate,"  and whined ad nauseum for 8 years about the election being "stolen."    That America "still exists" proving me wrong is non sequitor and absurd on its face.  
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2016, 01:00:39 AM »
What do you mean they "accepted" it? They didn't and still bitch about 2000 to this day..

If by "not accepting" you mean some sort of revolt or coup, Clinton refusing to leave the White House and trying to command the military to help him keep control? Then yes... I guess they "accepted it".  ;/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpYwiYvSO8M

If republicans and gun owners were as violent and unstable as the left like to portray them we wouldn't have to listen to their crap anymore.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2016, 01:16:44 AM »
DS is yanking your chain, folks.  Read closely.  He has no problem with Trump not automatically giving any result his full endorsement.

Our election system is distributed. If it's (significantly) crooked, it's crooked in so many places at so many times by so many different elected officials that you've got to have your tinfoil on very tightly to buy it. I can buy that there's corruption at the local level (duh) but the idea that there's corruption widespread enough, on only one side, to influence a presidential election is not realistic.

That would have to be some kind of vast left/right wing conspiracy. Now, if someone goes for that kind of thinking that's fine but you can't really have a discussion if the basic assumption is that everyone is corrupt, including all the grannies that volunteer for the polling stations.

Your post is naive.

No tinfoil necessary given:
1. The rather regular charges and indictments of those committing election fraud.
2. The many times Dem electioneers are caught on video actively committing fraud, helping describe how to commit fraud, or bragging about election fraud.
3. Even Dems, decades after the elections, admit that several close races were brought home by them due to election fraud.

And the election fraud only need be in several of the contested states.  Or in one city to deliver an entire state (Chicago). 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2016, 01:50:17 AM »
DS is yanking your chain, folks.  Read closely.  He has no problem with Trump not automatically giving any result his full endorsement.

Your post is naive.

No tinfoil necessary given:
1. The rather regular charges and indictments of those committing election fraud.
2. The many times Dem electioneers are caught on video actively committing fraud, helping describe how to commit fraud, or bragging about election fraud.
3. Even Dems, decades after the elections, admit that several close races were brought home by them due to election fraud.

And the election fraud only need be in several of the contested states.  Or in one city to deliver an entire state (Chicago). 

To my mind the best Trump response would've been to say:

"I will absolutely respect the vote if the American people.  It's essential to recognise that Hillary is part of a machine trying to disenfranchise voters, just like they did in Iowa when they won 6 coin tosses in a row, and when they booted tens of thousands of voters in Brooklyn because they supported Bernie sanders.  If you have any doubt as to the Clintons willingness to separate election returns from votes, just ask a Sanders campaigner about the primary.

If the people elect Hillary, you bet I'll respect them.  If Hillary tries to disenfranchise the people, you bet I'll do everything in my power to make their votes count."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2016, 05:20:13 AM »
The fact is that in the past in the close election between Bush and Gore, democrats lined up to support the process for the good of the country.

Then how did it get to the Supreme Court?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_v._Gore

Bush v. Gore, 531 U.S. 98 (2000), is the United States Supreme Court decision that resolved the dispute surrounding the 2000 presidential election.

under the strategy that Al Gore pursued at the beginning of the Florida recount — filing suit to force hand recounts in four predominantly Democratic counties — Bush would have kept his lead, according to the ballot review conducted by the consortium.

The Democrats didn't "accept" the result until the SCOTUS put a stop to their recount attempt and they had no choice other than to accept the result. Even then, as has been noted, they spent years kvetching about it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2016, 08:45:31 AM »
The night of the debate, I was taking a class for election workers. While we waited for the class to start, a black woman was talking to a white man* about the idea of a rigged election. When the guy broached the topic, the lady dismissed the idea as fanciful. "How could it be rigged?" A few seconds later, she was admitting her skepticism about the 2000 election result in Florida.  :lol: 

* I mention race, as the lady's skin color indicates she almost certainly votes for the Jim Crow party.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2016, 01:04:56 PM »
Polling results in from debates--this data includes polls from the last few elections for comparison. Interesting!

Data from Gallup/CNN, article from 538.