Author Topic: THE TRAVEL BAN IS A RELIGIOUS TEST AND THAT'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!111  (Read 846 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
... but if a nominee holds completely orthodox Christian beliefs... well...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/448393/watch-bernie-sanders-unconstitutionally-impose-religious-test-public-office

Sanders (shouting): I understand you are a Christian, but this country are made of people who are not just — I understand that Christianity is the majority religion, but there are other people of different religions in this country and around the world. In your judgment, do you think that people who are not Christians are going to be condemned?
Sanders: You think your statement that you put into that publication, they do not know God because they rejected Jesus Christ, His Son, and they stand condemned, do you think that’s respectful of other religions?
Sanders: I would simply say, Mr. Chairman, that this nominee is really not someone who this country is supposed to be about.

SHOCKING that the left only really cares about Islam...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
Re: THE TRAVEL BAN IS A RELIGIOUS TEST AND THAT'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!111
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 11:55:44 AM »
SHOCKING that the left only really cares about Islam...
Maybe they're influenced by fear - what other religion's adherents currently engage in public beheadings?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 05:50:54 PM »
This line of questioning might have been perhaps a little bit appropriate if the guy was a nominee for a Supreme Court seat, but the job is Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget. In other words -- a combination of bean counter and nit-picker. What difference does it make WHAT the guy's religious beliefs are? Is he a good bean counter? Is he a good nit-picker?

Confirmed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »
Maybe they're influenced by fear - what other religion's adherents currently engage in public beheadings?

I think we really need to work on that ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design