Author Topic: Wonder Woman - for "Women" Only  (Read 6624 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Wonder Woman - for "Women" Only
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 07:18:42 AM »
Nancy boy. :P

Chris

*shrug* 

I can cook, sew, do arts and crafts, and thinking about trying to make some clothing. I'm fine with someone thinking I'm a nancy boy.

I also just used blacksmithing and woodworking to make a giant axe.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 08:33:59 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 10:02:04 AM »
*shrug* 

I can cook, sew, do arts and crafts, and thinking about trying to make some clothing. I'm fine with someone thinking I'm a nancy boy.

I cook and sew (poorly), but I'm terrible with arts and crafts.  I have two daughters, so I'm swimming in a sea of hormones and femininity (the only other male in the house is a neutered dog).

I don't engage in blacksmithing, but I hunt, camp, build/modify guns (though, my desire to reduce my .223 AR's recoil to virtually nil probably outs me as a nancy), reload ammo, cast my own bullets out of lead I refined from automotive wheel weights and perform my own auto repairs.  Maybe that'll be enough to offset my effete tendencies in Mannlicher's eyes. :D

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 10:13:28 AM »
Seems like a good time for:

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”

I have a sewing machine, a gun, and a bottle of whiskey. Don't *expletive deleted*ck with me.

Also, in my time, every hormone-filled teen male was watching:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 02:08:35 PM »
Quite a few hormone filled 20 - 30  somethings, too.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2017, 05:00:46 PM »
Well, Dad can't cook (or at least not cook well enough to feed anyone but himself) or sew. He can't do arts and crafts, unless you count the time we took green plastic army men, chopped them up and reassembled them with a lighter. He does do his own laundry, but I wouldn't trust him with anything beyond dump pile of clothes into machine and turn it on (he doesn't even sort out colors) and he can't clean anything other than guns.
In other words, he's about one step up from caveman and he knows it.

All in all, I'm pretty sure my Dad fails on any test of "nancy boy" (and then some) and he wants to see Wonder Woman.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 11:22:13 PM »
only a woman, or a nancy boy, would want to see the movie in the first place.   
I'd watch it just for Gal Gadot!! :angel: :angel: [popcorn] [popcorn] =D =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2017, 06:42:27 AM »
I'd watch it just for Gal Gadot!! :angel: :angel: [popcorn] [popcorn] =D =D

You mean the former IDF Combat Instructor?  You Nance!

Chris

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2017, 07:42:09 AM »
*shrug* 

I own 2 sewing machines. I've made and mended my own clothing with both of them.
The older one is a Singer, made in Scotland during WWII. Minimum 2 person operation to move it and that requires disassembly.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2017, 01:44:31 PM »
Read an interview with the woman who directed the film. She was asked about it being a feminist film.  Her response should be must reading for Hollywood types these days... She said she didn't set out to make a feminist film. She set out to take a great character and make a kick-ass movie with that character.  That was her intent, and her goal.  The rest, all the PC discussions,  SHE discussions, etc, doesn't mean shot to her.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 11:23:55 PM »
Owned a sewing machine before I was married, and still know how to use it.   Being a single Dad, I do most of the cooking (Sometimes CPT Boy Scout gets the urge to cook something and I quickly exit the kitchen), I do all the laundry (He knows how, and is forced to do it on occasion, however he refuses to fold my underwear), I've built guns, reloaded ammo (Rifle, Pistol, and SHotgun), fixed cars, planned an invasion, butchered many a Deer, Pheasant, and Turkeys, dressed wounds and broken bones, comforted the dying, changed a diaper, written poetry, balanced accounts, built a wall and a house, taken orders, given orders, cooperated, acted alone, solve equations, analyze new problems, shoveled *expletive deleted*it, programmed a computer, and fight efficiently. 

I only have "Die Gallantly" to complete Heinlein's list...

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2017, 11:52:12 PM »
  ...  I only have "Die Gallantly" to complete Heinlein's list...

You needn't follow Heinlein's list to the point of absurdity ..... ;) [popcorn] :angel: ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2017, 11:55:34 AM »
You needn't follow Heinlein's list to the point of absurdity ..... ;) [popcorn] :angel: ;/

It's on both his and my lists... ;)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2017, 02:29:58 AM »
http://www.allenbwest.com/michaelcantrell/libs-boycott-wonder-woman-one-fact-star-goes-public

The star of the blockbuster film, which most leftists originally praised for its portrayal of strong women, now has many angry because of Gadot’s time serving in the Israeli military destroying terrorists.

“It was demanding because you give up your freedom for two years, but there is something special in giving back to your community,” Gadot told Fashion Magazine of her time in the IDF after she was named the new Wonder Woman in 2015. “One day I hope we have peace in the Middle East and everyone is able to live together in harmony. I wish none of the countries in the world will ever need an army, but this is how it goes in Israel. It’s mandatory and I did my part. But the army wasn’t that difficult for me. The military gave me good training for Hollywood.”
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2017, 05:19:25 AM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2017, 03:02:11 PM »
Don't forget that she has shaved armpits which is totally bad!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4336454/Wonder-Woman-trailer-prompts-debate-underarm-hair.html

... and cue The Unshorn Sisters of the Apocalypse.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Pb

• friend
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2017, 06:05:05 PM »
Good grief.  Is there nothing SJWs won't have a fit about.