Author Topic: What is the goal of Islamic terrorism in the west?  (Read 5120 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: What is the goal of Islamic terrorism in the west?
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 09:31:39 PM »
They hate each other WAY more than they hate the west.  That's why they have to work so hard to make the West the "Great Satan" to band together against.  These conversations always seem to gloss over (or miss completely) that while Arabs and Persians are Muslim, they are also strongly culturally Tribal. They are probably even more tribal than they are Muslim.  I don't think Americans get that, because our convenient just doesn't have "tribes" the way SW Aisa does.

This exactly.   The entire "Unite the Muslim world", had about as much chance as the Flying Spaghetti coming down from the Great Meatball and appointing me his Holy Messenger on Earth.  

Arabs and Persians - US Civil War only going on for several millennia.
Shia vs Sunni vs Wahabi,vs Sufi vs Alwites vs all the others - Picture Europe before WWI, but way, way. way worse.    
Tribal - Hatfields vs McCoys

And the last is why Western Armies and continue to kick the *expletive deleted*it our of Arab armies.   Picture your a private in Basic, in the west.  You have no tribe, so you learn to get along and work with everyone in your unit regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, or anything else.  You have to work together or you could very well get kill and/or kill everyone around you. (which makes you very unpopular with what's left of your unit.)  As Gunny Hartman says in Full Metal Jacket
I am hard, but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless.
And it's true, everyone gets *expletive deleted*it on equally, the fireguard/KP/other duty rosters generally are in alphabetical order, so there it no favoritism.

You go to an Arab Army, and Tribe is everything.   It starts with whether the "leadership" in your unit is the same Shia or Sunni as you.  Then the same tribe, then the same family.  The closer you are in family relations to your leadership, the better your duties, assignments and promotions.  If you are say a Sunni in Shia unit (like a lot of the Iraq Army was (and to a certain extent is), you could be guaranteed to get every *expletive deleted*it assignment in both war and peace.  You job would be to "Move out and draw fire", when you weren't cleaning latrines with your face.  Yet the guy right next to you in the ranks, would be more and better food, cush assignments, and promoted ahead of you.  So there was no cohesion.  And that's assuming that there isn't the rampant corruption, and incompetence (again promotions and appointments based upon how closely you were related to TPTB.  SO even an greatly outnumbered, inadequately armed and trained, cohesive force, like the Israelis could cut through them like a hot knife through butter.   Back in the 80's, we thought the IDF was the absolute *expletive deleted*it when it came to warfighting.   Then we went up against an Arab Army in DS/DS.  And learned first hand that the IDF truly had been going up the JV team.

And the "No central religious authority", means there's nothing to rally around.  There is no "Pope", so killing Al-Baghdadi only pisses off a few thousands, a few ten thousands of Arabs.  As opposed to killing the Pope would inflame millions of Catholics.  (I remember when John Paul II was shot), I know lots of Catholics that wanted NATO to go after Bulgaria.

Anyway, what was the question?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 10:50:04 PM »
The goals of Islamic terrorism in the west are largely political and specific to the geopolitics of the terrorist.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2017, 10:56:35 PM »
And it's true, everyone gets *expletive deleted*it on equally, the fireguard/KP/other duty rosters generally are in alphabetical order, so there it no favoritism.

Is that how it's done in today's Army? When I was in (late 1960s, Vietnam) there were always people rotating in and out of units, so alphabetical wouldn't have worked. The company clerk ran each roster. Each name on each roster had a number after it. Every day, each man's number increased by one -- it was the number of days since he last pulled duty. High man got the short straw. New guys just got plugged into the rotation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 11:15:21 PM »
I was referring to Basic (and AIT) training.  That's were you form your first cohesion.  Then when you get to your unit, since everyone has been through the same training, more or less, you already understand your role and place in the grand scheme of things... (Shut-up and carry the M60.  ;))

But yes, once you arrived at your unit, the DA6 was run as you described, although most units kept two lists.  One for regular duty days, and one for weekends/holidays.  Otherwise, depending on your number you could end up pulling whatever duty several weekends and/or holidays in a row.   And DA6's were a nightmare in an MP unit as you had the 1SG running the KP, CQ and CQ runner duty rosters and the Platoon Sergeants running the DLO mission DA6's and those roster actually came ahead of the 1SG.   And when we were in Garrison it often took two platoons for the DLO mission.   We tried to do it so that one platoon was *expletive deleted*it detail platoon (and prep for the field) that belonged to the 1SG, one platoon in training, and two platoons doing DLO.  And then rotating after a week. 

So every month you spent two weeks on the road, one week pulling CQ and KP while preping for the field, and then one week in the field.   Of course, this all went to hell if one of the brigades went to Graf or Hohenfels, or there was a Caravan Guard or REFORGER exercise. 

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.