Author Topic: Scalise Shooting New Information  (Read 3057 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Scalise Shooting New Information
« on: July 31, 2017, 08:32:13 PM »
It appears it will end up being just a mistake versus tinfoil stuff, but apparently when the Capitol Police Tactical Squad responded to the shooting, they went not to the baseball field, but to Nancy Pelosi's house. That's kind of odd.

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/07/31/bloomberg-with-republicans-under-fire-capitol-police-dispatched-to-nancy-pelosis-house/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Scalise Shooting New Information
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 08:43:25 PM »
Prime suspect?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 08:44:07 PM »
They didn't bust in and shoot the place up......a pity..... :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:  ;) ;) ;) ;)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 12:19:03 PM »

Yeah, it's more reasonable to suspect incompetence, chaotic circumstances or error than any sort of malicious intent.

They didn't bust in and shoot the place up......a pity..... :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hoping that government agents kill one of our democratically elected representatives is not funny or exactly polite.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 12:57:16 PM »

Hoping that government agents kill one of our democratically elected representatives is not funny or exactly polite.

It's funny because that's their usual MO.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 01:20:03 PM »
Yeah, it's more reasonable to suspect incompetence, chaotic circumstances or error than any sort of malicious intent.

I'm not saying it's funny or polite, but when you realize that Democratic politicians are more of a foreign occupation than "our representatives," it's - not surprising that people say such things.

(And I do not mean to imply that Republican representatives are particularly representative, either.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 02:36:26 PM »

I wasn't hoping.  Simply making a joke.  Especially since that is the usual MO of teams like this, to go in shooting dogs and homeowners.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 02:37:39 PM »

FWIW, my mind's eye pictured broken glass, dangling picture frames, bullet holes in sheetrock...  but no bodies.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 02:52:15 PM »
I'm not saying it's funny or polite, but when you realize that Democratic politicians are more of a foreign occupation than "our representatives," it's - not surprising that people say such things.

(And I do not mean to imply that Republican representatives are particularly representative, either.)

No, Democrats are not a foreign invasion, or anything like a foreign occupation. Democrat politicians represent a portion of America, and not a small one. Maybe not the political spectrum of the preference of the folks here, but still a portion of the American citizenry. Right or wrong, we have our current government because it is somewhat moderately accurate reflection of the population as a whole. Add in more dishonesty, corruption, hubris, etc of any large organization and the inherent evilness that seeps into any elected official, but still.

It's easy to forget that when you mostly talk to like minded folks, or are overly dismissive of other ideologies. When the Left does this, folks call it "echo chamber". Modern tech tends to reinforce that, by giving people access to other very like minded individuals.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 03:17:20 PM »
Why, yes, I do tend to talk to Americans more than anti-Americans. Just a preference on my part, I guess.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 03:43:11 PM »
Why, yes, I do tend to talk to Americans more than anti-Americans. Just a preference on my part, I guess.

:lol:

They say, and think, the exact same thing.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »
:lol:

They say, and think, the exact same thing.

But they're wrong.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 04:24:55 PM »
But they're wrong.

They say, and think, the exact same thing. The true answer is more mixed. Both have their good and bad aspects, and varying amounts of anti-America. We really don't want either side to have absolute power. Their self-described utopias or ideological fantasies would be hellish dystopias to the rest of us. Best is a balance of power that prohibits one party from having a lock on all branches at the same time, especially if each party has majority in one house each or President and Congress are opposite parties.

Both sides of the normal divide in the US dislike or ignore different parts of the Constitution. The Right have been more champions of shredding the Fourth Amendment, lukewarm at best on freedom of speech, only mildly supportive of the Second Amendment, etc. The Left used to support First Amendment and now want to shred the First, mildly supportive of the Fourth, etc. Both spend money like drunken sailors with a no-limit credit card.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 04:36:46 PM »
They say, and think, the exact same thing. The true answer is more mixed. Both have their good and bad aspects, and varying amounts of anti-America. We really don't want either side to have absolute power. Their self-described utopias or ideological fantasies would be hellish dystopias to the rest of us.

How did you make the transition to a discussion of absolute power, or hellish dystopias? What's the connection?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 04:41:01 PM »

How did you make the transition to a discussion of absolute power, or hellish dystopias? What's the connection?

Apologies for going off-topic. Which is an APS tradition going back centuries.   ;)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 06:29:35 AM »
Apologies for going off-topic. Which is an APS tradition going back centuries.   ;)

Plato was the first to warn about thread drift.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 06:37:50 AM »
Plato was the first to warn about thread drift.

He plagiarized Socrates.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 08:14:06 AM »
He plagiarized Socrates.

Only because he overheard him talking to Washington and Lincoln on the party line.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 10:02:17 AM »
Only because he overheard him talking to Washington and Lincoln on the party line.

While listening to Weird Al singing "White & Nerdy".

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 10:23:11 AM »
"Hellish dystopias" would be an excellent name for a band.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 10:39:12 AM »
"Hellish dystopias" would be an excellent name for a band.

Or an APS sub-forum.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 01:51:12 PM »

Or an APS sub-forum.

Current APS sub-forum.  ;)

grampster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 04:37:46 PM »
The only time the Republic needs to worry about a rogue government is when the D's have control of all three branches.  We don't have to worry at all when the R's have control because they have proven over and over again they can't even agree with each other.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw