Author Topic: Time for a Trump accomplishment list?  (Read 99195 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Time for a Trump accomplishment list?
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 01:57:25 PM »
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/11/us/politics/trump-judiciary-appeals-courts-conservatives.html?referer=https://t.co/ep4atsVIDw?amp=1
Trump Is Rapidly Reshaping the Judiciary. Here’s How.

Nearly a year later, that plan is coming to fruition. Mr. Trump has already appointed eight appellate judges, the most this early in a presidency since Richard M. Nixon, and on Thursday, the Senate Judiciary Committee voted along party lines to send a ninth appellate nominee — Mr. Trump’s deputy White House counsel, Gregory Katsas — to the floor.

Republicans are systematically filling appellate seats they held open during President Barack Obama’s final two years in office with a particularly conservative group of judges with life tenure. Democrats — who in late 2013 abolished the ability of 41 lawmakers to block such nominees with a filibuster, then quickly lost control of the Senate — have scant power to stop them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 02:06:58 PM »
For all his other faults, things like this just give me warm fuzzies toward the man...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 04:52:41 PM »
For all his other faults, things like this just give me warm fuzzies toward the man...

This is why the Stupid PartyTM needs to get its head of its ass and win next year.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 12:01:19 AM »
Problem is that the GOP establishment are willing to cut their own nose off to spite their face.
They would rather hand control back to the democrat party than let Trump succeed.
My current prediction is that the 2018elections  will yield a dem controlled house and Senate.
January 2019 will bring us impeachment proceedings.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 09:19:41 AM »
Problem is that the GOP establishment are willing to cut their own nose off to spite their face.
They would rather hand control back to the democrat party than let Trump succeed.
My current prediction is that the 2018elections  will yield a dem controlled house and Senate.
January 2019 will bring us impeachment proceedings.

I agree with all this except the last. History alone indicates that at least one or the other, house and senate, flip. The fact that the GOPe is practically working with the dems on that make it a much higher probability. I'm willing to bet 25% of the GOPe voted for Clinton because that's how much they hated an outsider getting in.

On the impeachment, I think if dems win one or both houses, impeachment will fall by the wayside (except for the nutballs like Waters, etc.) because it would take away from the dem agenda at a time that they have some power. One thing the dems are very good at is running a cohesive front (At least in congress. Obviously thanks to Queen Hillary, there was little cohesiveness in their presidential campaign). Even now, establishment dems, including Pelosi, Schumer, and Feinstein, are trying to downplay impeachment because the distraction monkey wrenches their strategy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 11:04:56 AM »
Even now, establishment dems, including Pelosi, Schumer, and Feinstein, are trying to downplay impeachment because the distraction monkey wrenches their strategy.

And mobilizes Trump's base to come out and support him....

The election in Alabama will be interesting.  Moore is "Trump's Candidate" and the allegations against him are seen as being ginned up by the MSM and liberals in DC and New York.

Plus they see the two-faced bit on their part, re: Menendez's trial in NJ and the complete lack of coverage there...

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 11:25:51 AM »
Has anyone said triggering the left by his very existence?

That's his big one as far as I'm concerned.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 11:54:25 AM »
Who Trump or Moore or Both ??

:lol: :lol:

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 12:09:24 PM »

The election in Alabama will be interesting.  Moore is "Trump's Candidate" and the allegations against him are seen as being ginned up by the MSM and liberals in DC and New York.

The sad thing is that Trump campaigned against Moore.  Too bad the people of Alabama didn't listen to him...  [barf]

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 12:11:21 PM »
The sad thing is that Trump campaigned against Moore.  Too bad the people of Alabama didn't listen to him...  [barf]

That's what I was just thinking of. Trump is, by hook or crook, vindicated once moore.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 01:34:06 PM »
And mobilizes Trump's base to come out and support him....

The election in Alabama will be interesting.  Moore is "Trump's Candidate" and the allegations against him are seen as being ginned up by the MSM and liberals in DC and New York.

Plus they see the two-faced bit on their part, re: Menendez's trial in NJ and the complete lack of coverage there...

I REALLY hope Mr. Moore wins.*

Because, if he does, the reason he is in the Senate is the exact same reason that Trump is in the White House: his opponents kneecapped the "respectable" conservatives, thinking he'd be a pushover to beat... and then  got their rears handed to them (McConnell and his ilk) when their candidate had to face just one "unelectable" candidate. Who got elected.

*On the accusations, I have no idea if they are true and honestly, I don't think I will ever know if they are true. Rather frighteningly, even if true, while creepy and wrong, nothing in them approaches what others in the Senate (or lionized by the Senate) have done.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Pb

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2017, 03:58:44 PM »
I don't know if Moore is guilty or innocent, but there is absolutely NOTHING about that man that makes them hard to believe.  He appears to be a walking embodiment of a stereotype, and not a good one either.   ;/

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 03:58:57 PM »
After looking back at the timeline and timing of the allegations and the response from the GOPe It wouldn't surprise me that the attack is coming from the GOPe.
I don't know much about Moore but he is not a new comer to the scene in Alabama. He has been in the spotlight for years. Why did these women suddenly choose to accuse him now? Why not when he was a controversial judge? Why not when he was a primary candidate?
Nope, they waited until he was the official candidate and it was too late to change the ballot.
I kind of hope he wins.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 05:28:53 PM »
After looking back at the timeline and timing of the allegations and the response from the GOPe It wouldn't surprise me that the attack is coming from the GOPe.
I don't know much about Moore but he is not a new comer to the scene in Alabama. He has been in the spotlight for years. Why did these women suddenly choose to accuse him now? Why not when he was a controversial judge? Why not when he was a primary candidate?
Nope, they waited until he was the official candidate and it was too late to change the ballot.
I kind of hope he wins.

This and what BTR said.  It isn't a full 6 year term anyway. 

Also, I would love to see McConnell put on the spot since he or others talked about the Senate not allowing him in or trying to expel him.  If Menendez is still there, that would be interesting.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2017, 08:39:09 PM »
Has Moore been proven to have done anything illegal? Chasing young women is more than a bit creepy (if true), but not illegal in and of itself. At least Moore hasn't (apparently) killed anyone. (Here's looking at you, Ted Kennedy.) And how old were Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky when ... you know.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2017, 08:42:00 PM »
Has Moore been proven to have done anything illegal?

Of course nothing is proven. He hasn't even been indicted. If I understand correctly, though, he's accused of doing more than just flirting.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2017, 09:19:26 PM »
Remember, the facts of the matter are irrelevant, it is the seriousness of the allegations that count.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2017, 08:58:12 AM »
Remember, the facts of the matter are irrelevant, it is the seriousness of the allegations that count.

So compared to a number of other politicians, not very serious.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2017, 07:43:59 PM »
More on the regulatory front.

These don't seem all that big now, but maybe they'll turn out to be important later.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2017, 02:44:18 PM »
With Trump's help, Poland is weaning itself off of Putin's energy teat.

Seems like the Russkies hacked the election in the wrong direction!

Let's see more of this!

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2017, 01:58:09 AM »
I just saw in the news some sort of tax thing got passed.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2017, 09:40:03 AM »
I just saw in the news some sort of tax thing got passed.

MILLIONS WILL DIE!!!!!

No, scratch that. Thousands, or maybe hundreds. Because everybody else died from the last three things.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2017, 09:48:57 AM »
MILLIONS WILL DIE!!!!!

No, scratch that. Thousands, or maybe hundreds. Because everybody else died from the last three things.

I thought that Democrats couldn't shock me anymore, but I'm absolutely bewildered by the constant chicken little running around with "PEOPLE WILL DIE!" about everything Trump does.

That video was supposed to be parody.

Now, I'm not that old, but I can never remember such over the top hyperbole about everything. I know about the Daisy ad, but my impression is that was an outlier. It seems every Democrat (elected or in the media) is all death, all the time.

NET NEUTRALITY is one of the worst. Reversing it is a minor change, that benefits ISPs (probably) and (probably) harms even larger corporations (Google, Facebook). Yet, somehow it's the absolute worst thing to ever happen in the history of the internet.

Anyone else remember a time like this before?

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »
I thought that Democrats couldn't shock me anymore, but I'm absolutely bewildered by the constant chicken little running around with "PEOPLE WILL DIE!" about everything Trump does.

That video was supposed to be parody.

Now, I'm not that old, but I can never remember such over the top hyperbole about everything. I know about the Daisy ad, but my impression is that was an outlier. It seems every Democrat (elected or in the media) is all death, all the time.

NET NEUTRALITY is one of the worst. Reversing it is a minor change, that benefits ISPs (probably) and (probably) harms even larger corporations (Google, Facebook). Yet, somehow it's the absolute worst thing to ever happen in the history of the internet.

Anyone else remember a time like this before?

November 9th, 2016; followed by January 20th, 2017....

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2017, 01:16:40 PM »
November 9th, 2016; followed by January 20th, 2017....

Yes, those were included in my "like this" question.  :P

Incidentally, I'm actually concerned about what is going to happen when he's re-elected. My wife told me over lunch that she saw people on facebook calling for attacks on the rich- as in, literal, attack them and take their stuff type calls.