Author Topic: What hell? I just got a breaking news alert that a Congressman has been shot?  (Read 31681 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Dammit.  Hospital-acquired infections can be really bad.

Among the musings about what the future will find horrifying about this times' medical practices is the warehousing of all the sick people into one building.

I pray Mr. Scalise will pull through this, too.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend

Are you saying the police didn't fire their weapons? ???

Just noticed this.

No, I was suggesting that the officers were probably too far away for handguns to have been very effective and that, IF one of them managed to score a killing or disabling shot on the perp, it was likely due more to luck than skill. On the other hand, once the perp came under return fire from two officers, and probably heard multiple sirens from additional responding units, he may well have decided to end it by shooting himself with his own handgun.

It's not like that would have been unprecedented.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design