Author Topic: Storing Bulk Rice?  (Read 14464 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Storing Bulk Rice?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2017, 08:09:01 AM »
Probably a better option would be one of the commercial O2 absorbers that they sell for use with freeze dried food.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 11:42:51 PM »
Was talking to a friend about this.  He has a restaurant, and a farm, so I figured he's probably got some cool container he uses for food storage.  For things like rice and beans, he uses good quality 2 liter bottles. 

2 liter soda bottles?  How does he get the beans to flow in?

That said, processed white rice storage is easy mode.  As others have mentioned, keep it dry and you're good.  For quite extensive periods.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2017, 07:04:55 PM »
I like rice, preferably brown or wild.
My wife can't cook rice to save her life, she can *expletive deleted*ck up instant rice.
If she buys rice she buys plain rice she gets weird stuff.
She'd rather eat plain instant mashed potatoes.
It's pretty much my job to cook rice.
you can fix the problem with a $15 Presto rice cooker.  Cooks white, brown, or parboiled rice just fine.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 10:28:23 PM »
you can fix the problem with a $15 Presto rice cooker.  Cooks white, brown, or parboiled rice just fine.

She'd frack it up. =(
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 01:15:32 AM »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 03:36:26 AM »
She's never come out and said so but, I think she really doesn't like rice.
Sad part is, when she wants to she's a damn good cook, she just really doesn't like cooking. Then, when I come in and create something really good she gets jealous.
Oh well, I've got 35+ years invested in her, just as well stick it out.
=D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 11:54:13 PM »
My dad dragged one of those electric pressure cookers up her a few months ago. If i am busy that damn thing can cook rice perfectly.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG