Author Topic: In case you missed it, US Senator going to trial on Corruption Charges  (Read 1151 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
I guess because there's so much Trump Hatetm in the media, they have not had the time, nor resources to cover this insignificant story.*

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/08/24/in-case-the-msm-missed-it-heres-some-news-about-a-dem-senators-corruption-trial/

*- Not that him being a Democrat has anything to do with it. But I would guess that if he had an (R) after his name, the Torches and Pitchforks coverage would be 24/7, and his scalp nailed to the doors of CNNMSNBCABCBS.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: In case you missed it, US Senator going to trial on Corruption Charges
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 06:16:19 PM »
One of Illinois' ? ? ? ?  Hmm, hmm.

(Looks)

Nope.  Drat!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:29:10 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 11:08:40 AM »
I guess because there's so much Trump Hatetm in the media, they have not had the time, nor resources to cover this insignificant story.*

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/08/24/in-case-the-msm-missed-it-heres-some-news-about-a-dem-senators-corruption-trial/

*- Not that him being a Democrat has anything to do with it. But I would guess that if he had an (R) after his name, the Torches and Pitchforks coverage would be 24/7, and his scalp nailed to the doors of CNNMSNBCABCBS.

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers," so how can anyone know about it?

I still say that most of the time the "biases" occur in the news editorial staffs of the print newspapers and in the wire services that feed them.  Sometimes that's obvious, more often it is not and is just an "editing out" of events that don't conform to the leftist agenda.

I used to call it the "blue pencil tyranny," but editors don't use blue pencils anymore, just "highlight" and "cut."

Some would say that's "lying by omission," but it's hard to get caught doing that.  Since you aren't "in the know" in the first place, how can you tell that a lie-by-omission occurred?

That's why the traditional oath of court witnesses includes telling "the whole truth and nothing but the truth."  I do not believe that publishers administer a similar oath to their editor-flunkies.  If they do, I'm unaware of it.

Individual reporters are mainly just keeping their jobs, until it is apparent to the poobahs that they are diligently toeing the line. Then they get promoted to editorship and TV news anchorship.  Or to the White House Press Corps. (One of the Holy Grails of Journalism.)

I'm pretty sure that's how the propaganda journalistic machine actually works.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:34:38 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 01:38:35 PM »
The perp is a democrat, of course we missed it.