Author Topic: Baked Sweet Fast  (Read 4012 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Baked Sweet Fast
« on: January 14, 2018, 04:40:37 PM »
I don't have much of a sweet tooth anymore, but I still get a craving once in a while, usually on a cold and gloomy day, for some kind of sweet baked good that I can eat warm 10 minutes out of the oven. Of course I want it fast and don't want to spend hours prepping and baking.

My go to has been an oatmeal cookie recipe that I can usually have out of the oven in 20-30 minutes from when I grab the bowl for the ingredients. I would like a change of pace. Any recommendations? I'm looking for something from scratch versus keeping tubes of cookie dough in the fridge. Oh, and also something that can be made with basic stuff usually kept around the kitchen.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Baked Sweet Fast
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 05:19:13 PM »
When my wife gets a craving for something sweet, she makes No-bake Cookies.  (oats, peanut butter, sugar, cocoa, and a little water or milk; I can post a recipe if you don't have one)  For something a little less sweet try the pineapple cake recipe I posted in the recipe thread, and see if you like it warm w/o any frosting.  It goes together in one bowl really fast.
"It's good, though..."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:46:16 AM »
Muffins. Easy to make and the sky's the limit on variety. You can cheat a bit and use pancake or cake mixes, too.

There's also Dump In cobbler. All ingredients dumped into the baking dish and cooked. I used to to it all the time when I had peach trees. Google "easy cobbler" and there's about a billion variations on it, none of which take more than a few minutes or basic ingredients to whip together.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 12:11:37 PM »
^^^Possibly related is what I know as dump cake.  The most famous one is a can of cherry pie filling, a can of crushed pineapple, a box of yellow cake mix and two sticks of melted butter, added in this order to a 9x13 inch baking dish and baked at 350 for an hour or so.

I like to make it with some sliced spiced apples and a box of spice cake mix.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.