Author Topic: The Gun Control Bandwagon  (Read 76854 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: The Gun Control Bandwagon
« Reply #400 on: March 27, 2018, 01:55:12 PM »
So, Hogg was on campus, but was he near the shooting?  Or was he in a different building?

I would bet a different building. The building where the shooting occurred was the Freshman building, a separate building away from the the main campus buildings. Just a guess though based on the fact he is not a Freshman.

bob

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #401 on: March 27, 2018, 01:55:25 PM »
So, Hogg was on campus, but was he near the shooting?  Or was he in a different building?

No one has answered (or asked the teenage activists) that question.

My understanding is that this school had multiple buildings generally separating the upper classmen from the lower classmen, and the murderer attacked the lower classmen building.

Given that over half of the victims were aged 14 or 15, that seems to be the case.

Now, some of the victims were 17 or 18, so at least some older students were in that building, so my conclusion is- I have no idea where these activists were.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #402 on: March 27, 2018, 02:05:29 PM »
Hogg was under-campus. The Rothschilds have a subterranean facility at the school, where they teach children the intricacies of weather control, mind control, and possibly also gun control.

I knew it!!
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #403 on: March 27, 2018, 02:25:34 PM »
https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rumpf/2018/03/26/new-video-casts-doubt-whether-david-hogg-school-day-shooting/

After reviewing all of this, it appears that the problem was that CBS included a very confusing quote without context. Hogg was on campus during the shooting and returned several hours later to interview people across the street.

Just can't trust the MSM.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #404 on: March 31, 2018, 05:15:31 PM »
Nope, not The Onion:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/03/31/scorching-hot-take-whites-invented-guns-to-kill-from-a-distance-because-theyre-most-cowardly-race/

I feel bad for her that the British public education system failed her so horribly.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #405 on: March 31, 2018, 06:31:37 PM »
Nope, not The Onion:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/03/31/scorching-hot-take-whites-invented-guns-to-kill-from-a-distance-because-theyre-most-cowardly-race/

I feel bad for her that the British public education system failed her so horribly.

She should be the poster girl for anti-gun ignorance.  Un effing believable how stupid that concept is !

Well, she got trounced pretty good.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #406 on: April 01, 2018, 12:54:45 PM »
Nope, not The Onion:

Wow. 

I guess it could be really bad satire, but it is amazing how some people can make their own group look worse in more than one way when they are trying to put down another.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #407 on: April 01, 2018, 02:12:03 PM »
Nope, not The Onion:

I believe I predicted this "take" in another thread. Nothing to it, really. They've been telling us for a while now that we only like guns because they soothe our insecurities about minorities and women challenging our once-privileged position. This is just the same identitarian smear, writ large.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:24:39 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #408 on: April 01, 2018, 02:27:50 PM »
I believe I predicted this "take" in another thread. Nothing to it, really. They've been telling us for a while now that we only like  guns because they soothe our insecurities about minorities and women challenging our once-privileged position. This is just the same identitarian smear, writ large.

Orwell was a prophet on how the left would manipulate language to smear and control.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #409 on: April 13, 2018, 01:34:56 AM »
Just when I think I've seen every sick thing they could possibly say, they come up with something moar stupider.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/04/12/vile-dana-loesch-whoops-gun-grabber-so-badly-with-just-1-word-it-deletes-the-tweet-we-got-it/

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #410 on: April 13, 2018, 09:17:21 AM »
Just when I think I've seen every sick thing they could possibly say, they come up with something moar stupider.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/04/12/vile-dana-loesch-whoops-gun-grabber-so-badly-with-just-1-word-it-deletes-the-tweet-we-got-it/

Others have noted, this is projection. Most leftists (especially the white, male ones) have a very low view of the intellect of minorities and women, and therefore believe the right just props them up to parrot whatever the right wants them to say.

EVERY minority or woman on the right is a "token" to them. ESPECIALLY if they are "articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #411 on: April 13, 2018, 10:28:48 AM »
Others have noted, this is projection. Most leftists (especially the white, male ones) have a very low view of the intellect of minorities and women, and therefore believe the right just props them up to parrot whatever the right wants them to say.

EVERY minority or woman on the right is a "token" to them. ESPECIALLY if they are "articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking."
The more I see of this stuff, the more I think many of these people have a lot of personal demons close to the surface and they assume everyone else is the same and barely keeps themselves in check also.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #412 on: April 13, 2018, 11:19:08 AM »

I started following Dana Loesch on twitter.  She replies "God Bless" or something simple to a lot of the nasty comments.  There are quite a few I have seen because she replied.  Most of them don't directly threaten her, but often they wish bad things on her or her family.  A lot of people seem to have no problem posting nasty comments on the internet. 

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #413 on: April 13, 2018, 11:26:46 AM »
I started following Dana Loesch on twitter.  She replies "God Bless" or something simple to a lot of the nasty comments.  There are quite a few I have seen because she replied.  Most of them don't directly threaten her, but often they wish bad things on her or her family.  A lot of people seem to have no problem posting nasty comments on the internet. 

It provides an illusion of anonymity. 
Which I guess is why people post gobs of personal info on facebook or Google whatever then get upset when their info is found all over the net.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #414 on: April 13, 2018, 12:25:01 PM »

I believe she and her family just recently moved, due to some serious threats she received.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #415 on: April 14, 2018, 05:04:54 PM »
Need a real life example of how devious and how despicable anti-gun types can be? Try this:

I attended a pro-2A rally in my state's capitol today -- held on the steps of the capitol building. Rally was organized and hosted by the state's largest grassroots, pro-2A group. I don't know how to estimate how many attended -- I'll guess between 1,000 and 2,000 people.

After the rally had ended and a few volunteers were staying around to help clean up the capitol grounds, a father with a young child in tow approached the president of the organization and asked if he could take a photo of his kid with the president. The kid was holding a sign that said something like, "We're pro-2A." The president agreed, they got the photo all lined up and posed, than the father said, "Now turn it around ..." The kid flipped the sign over, revealing that the back side said "GUNS KILL KIDS." Before anyone could react, the father snapped the photo, grabbed the kid, and boogied. So now he has a photo that he's going to claim "proves" that the president of the RKBA organization agrees that guns kill kids.

That's what they do. They lie, they cheat, they twist, and they deceive. They don't want an honest and open debate on the merits of gun control, because they know they'll lose. In their view, the end justifies the means, and if that means cheating and lying ... they'll cheat and lie.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #416 on: April 14, 2018, 06:07:51 PM »
Why now?  A lot of people are now standing on the graves of the children shot in Florida and screaming for change, whatever that means.  You've got a Republican party that seems afraid to use its majority control to do anything more than try to not lose the midterm elections, and doing a pretty piss-poor job of that.  We've got a president who is vilified by the press daily, to the point where life-long Republicans are saying that they don't support him or what he's standing for, like immigration enforcement, even though a decade or so ago, it was on everyone's platform, R or D .  We have an electorate made up of far too many people more concerned about who is going to be on Dancing With the Stars next time than anything of more national significance...unless the Kardashians say it's important.  And these people are hearing celebs say "the NRA is bad," so they are singing right along.  And, we have a crap ton of people willing, no begging, to give up liberty for a sense of safety.  It's the perfect storm, and the antis are going all in. 
Well.Said.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #417 on: April 14, 2018, 07:06:08 PM »
the father said, "Now turn it around ..."

And they are teaching their kids to be lying sacks of *expletive deleted*it, too.
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #418 on: April 14, 2018, 09:18:25 PM »
And they are teaching their kids to be lying sacks of *expletive deleted*it, too.

Precisely.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #419 on: April 15, 2018, 05:17:07 AM »
Just when I think we've hit peak irony....

Girl tweets pic of her Appendix carrying as Graduation photo.  Twitter sh!*storm ensues. (Along with much hilarity.)  As part of it, I noticed the twitter handles of some who are hoping that she (and others carrying) shoot themselves in the Va-jay-jay.

Dana Goldberg
    ✔
    @DGComedy
    11 Apr

This trend of Trump women lifting up their shirts to reveal they are carrying a gun in their pants in public is absolutely idiotic. One of you is going to end up shooting yourself in the vagina.

ShadowyRadicalKaren @Karen4Unity

I will be the first one laughing when that happens!
    8:20 PM - Apr 11, 2018

"Shadowy Radical"  ??  Like maybe a terrorist, "shadowy radical"..... for "unity" ??   Yep, sounds like she'd be happy to volunteer to help load people into cattle cars to send them to "Re-Education" camps to create some of that "Unity"...

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #420 on: April 15, 2018, 09:15:54 AM »
Need a real life example of how devious and how despicable anti-gun types can be? Try this:

I attended a pro-2A rally in my state's capitol today -- held on the steps of the capitol building. Rally was organized and hosted by the state's largest grassroots, pro-2A group. I don't know how to estimate how many attended -- I'll guess between 1,000 and 2,000 people.

After the rally had ended and a few volunteers were staying around to help clean up the capitol grounds, a father with a young child in tow approached the president of the organization and asked if he could take a photo of his kid with the president. The kid was holding a sign that said something like, "We're pro-2A." The president agreed, they got the photo all lined up and posed, than the father said, "Now turn it around ..." The kid flipped the sign over, revealing that the back side said "GUNS KILL KIDS." Before anyone could react, the father snapped the photo, grabbed the kid, and boogied. So now he has a photo that he's going to claim "proves" that the president of the RKBA organization agrees that guns kill kids.

That's what they do. They lie, they cheat, they twist, and they deceive. They don't want an honest and open debate on the merits of gun control, because they know they'll lose. In their view, the end justifies the means, and if that means cheating and lying ... they'll cheat and lie.

Conservatives do that, too. It's just a prank, really. They'll share it on some web forum, and have a good laugh.