Author Topic: #ONELESS, now getting a visit from the ATF.  (Read 5239 times)

freakazoid

• friend
#ONELESS, now getting a visit from the ATF.
« on: March 08, 2018, 08:53:27 PM »
http://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article/news/atf-investigating-after-congressional-candidate-cut-apart-ar-15/291-526898428
ATF is now investigating one of the people in the #oneless campaign for illegally creating an SBR when she "destroys" her AR15. Now we will have to wait and see if anything actually comes out of it. Hopefully she isn't the only one they look at as a few others had done the same thing.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: #ONELESS, now getting a visit from the ATF.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 12:39:29 AM »
She'll probably escape justice, like David Gregory.  Different rules for them.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 08:19:35 AM »
Yes, see, that barrel-cutting was for a good cause, whereas inadvertently removing 0.003" too much during a recrown operation is inherently evil and deserving of hard time in the hard pokey and a hard fine with hard money, you baby-killing right wing extremist NRA member (:O!) who unreasonably worships an ancient piece of paper added to the constitution as just a stupid afterthought.

That's the way it works, like it or not.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:38:31 AM by 230RN »

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 08:25:13 AM »
I wouldn't prosecute her, but only because I wouldn't prosecute anyone with an illegal SBR.  NFA '34 is a stupid law to begin with, so it shouldn't be enforced.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 08:40:49 AM »
I wouldn't prosecute her, but only because I wouldn't prosecute anyone with an illegal SBR.  NFA '34 is a stupid law to begin with, so it shouldn't be enforced.

She's running for federal office, so in her case, she should definitely feel the full force of federal law. But, yeah, she'll get the David Gregory exemption.

I took a personal stand for gun safety and I'm not backing down.
   ;/  Wow, even more braver than Caitlyn Jenner.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 09:05:17 AM »
Yes, see, that barrel-cutting was for a good cause, whereas inadvertently removing 0.003" too much during a recrown operation is inherently evil and deserving of hard time in the hard pokey and a hard fine with hard money, you baby-killing right wing extremist NRA member (:O!) who unreasonably worships an ancient piece of paper added to the constitution as just a stupid afterthought.

That's the way it works, like it or not.

Terry, 230RN

And here all along I was under the impression it was the Feds who would kill your baby if you cut the barrel about 3/8th of an inch under what the law considers an acceptable length.  I didn't know those radical NRAites were whacking babies also.   =|

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 09:08:44 AM »
Just as long as you understand this person would probably gleefully vote guilty for you if the situation were reversed. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 09:46:05 AM »
I wouldn't prosecute her, but only because I wouldn't prosecute anyone with an illegal SBR.  NFA '34 is a stupid law to begin with, so it shouldn't be enforced.

But, but, without NFA 34, we'd have slaughters every Valentine's Day, and we haven't had any more Valentine's Day slaughters, so it's working exactly as designed.

Terry, 230RN

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife