Author Topic: I Am Sick of Jalapeno in Everything  (Read 8755 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I Am Sick of Jalapeno in Everything
« on: May 18, 2018, 03:22:50 PM »
I got some tarter sauce at Trader Joes the other day, and my fault for not reading past "tartar sauce", but opening it just now to put on my fish, it's jalapeno tartar sauce. Which got me to thinking that I am sick to death of jalapeno everything.

I don't know if it's nationwide, but where I live, I'm pretty sure you could even get jalapeno Lucky Charms. They do jalapeno or "extra spicy" in everything. I like spicy as much as the next person, but in moderation please. When I buy sausage, it seems like 80% of what's at the store is jalapeno or hot. can we please get back to offering stuff without jalapeno in it? Please?

/rant
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: I Am Sick of Jalapeno in Everything
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 03:26:40 PM »
I got some tarter sauce at Trader Joes the other day, and my fault for not reading past "tartar sauce", but opening it just now to put on my fish, it's jalapeno tartar sauce. Which got me to thinking that I am sick to death of jalapeno everything.

I don't know if it's nationwide, but where I live, I'm pretty sure you could even get jalapeno Lucky Charms. They do jalapeno or "extra spicy" in everything. I like spicy as much as the next person, but in moderation please. When I buy sausage, it seems like 80% of what's at the store is jalapeno or hot. can we please get back to offering stuff without jalapeno in it? Please?

/rant

It's to make up for jalapeños not really being hot anymore unless you grow them yourself.  (I think we can blame the Aggies for that)
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 03:27:06 PM »
It's the new pumpkin spice
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 03:27:17 PM »
I agree with you, next thing you know they will have jalapeno infused toilet paper for those who don't eat them but want the morning after burn!!! ;)

BTW, I planted some chocolate ghost peppers this year and a local nursery has some Carolina reaper plants for sale...this may be the year of the big burn!!!

bob

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 04:10:24 PM »
QFT.

I was on a long drive a few weeks back, and bought one of those starbucks energy drinks while at the gas station.
I took a drink and almost spit it out. Looking at the label it was called 'Mexican mocha'- what kind of *expletive* *expletive* *expletive* thought that adding jalapeno to a coffee drink was a good idea. It put me in a rage, so I guessed it worked.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 04:12:52 PM »
I buy Habenaro snack sticks these days, to keep them to myself. The teen-aged scavengers in my house are immune to jalepeno, but habeneros are still toxic enough to keep them away.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 04:50:50 PM »
I like spicy food. Actually, I love spicy food. You take me to the Korean restaurant with a good and proper tear inducing yukgaejang and I am a happy boy. And even what happens later is worth it.

But I like spice where it belongs. Not in my *expletive deleted*ing tarter sauce. Not in my *expletive deleted*ing ranch dressing. Not in my *expletive deleted*ing ketchup. *expletive deleted*it they even make tingly ass hot lube these days.

IMO not to go all natural foods hippy, but much like loading things up with salt and sugar, it's just a new excuse to cover up the flavor of *expletive deleted*it base ingredients in processed foods.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 09:00:44 PM »
I like spicy food. Actually, I love spicy food. You take me to the Korean restaurant with a good and proper tear inducing yukgaejang and I am a happy boy. And even what happens later is worth it.

But I like spice where it belongs. Not in my *expletive deleted*ing tarter sauce. Not in my *expletive deleted*ing ranch dressing. Not in my *expletive deleted*ing ketchup. *expletive deleted*it they even make tingly ass hot lube these days.

IMO not to go all natural foods hippy, but much like loading things up with salt and sugar, it's just a new excuse to cover up the flavor of *expletive deleted*it base ingredients in processed foods.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Think about how those of us who don't care much for spicy food feel about it.

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 04:57:03 PM »

Close.  It is the new bacon.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 10:32:58 PM »
I will admit to enjoying Tioga Sierra Brewery's Wanted: Joaquin Murietta Jalapeno beer, but yeah, it really doesn't need to be in *EVERYTHING. *

Sometimes you just want to have a burger/hotdog/slice of pizza without it.

But you know how these marketing types are, they strike while the iron's hot and keep striking until there's nothing left.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 07:06:28 AM »
I've not really noticed the apparent overload of jalapeno in everything. I've seen it in a few products, but where you'd expect it to be... canned chili and sauces. Other than that, can't say that I've seen it locally. It's probably there, I've just not noticed it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 02:15:46 PM »
The last odd jalapeno thing I was was Ruffles Jalapeno Ranch chips.....
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 02:17:13 PM »
I thought the Jalapeno craze had passed years ago, followed by the chipotle-mania (or chip-ole-tay, for those who don't pay attention to Spanish pronunciation). We're past that now, and on to Sriracha, or ghost peppers, or something. One of the fast food places is doing Cholula fries now, so maybe that is the next thing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 02:20:43 PM »
One of the fast food places is doing Cholula fries now, so maybe that is the next thing.

I might be down with that. I loves the Cholula, though mostly as a breakfast condiment.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 10:22:23 AM »

I Am Sick of Jalapeno in Everything

/rant

HEATHEN!! SCOUNDREL!! SCUM!!! You'll pry my jalapenos from my cold, dead hands.

MOLON CHILE!

Brad

p.s. - Ditto on Cholula. Between that and Emeril's Essence I am a happy dude.

Apparently it's available in 64 oz sizes right from the Cholula web site. That should last me most of a month.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 10:43:30 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 11:15:33 AM »
The Cholula fries come smothered in cheese sauce - which brings us to the real culprit. Enough with the cheese already, folks. There's enough cheese. We don't need to constantly push the boundaries of where and on what we might put cheese.

"This fruit cocktail is missing something - I know! Cheese!"

"You know you love the cool, refreshing taste of Sprite. Now try new Sprite & Cheddar!"

"Lately, my afternoon coffee hasn't been giving me that quick pick-me-up that it used to. Then I tried Hautly's new Cafe Cheese. It comes in Swiss, Stilton, Limburger, and Bleu. It's dairy invigorating!"

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 11:59:28 AM »
There's enough cheese.

There's never enough cheese. Especially on pizza. Judging by the last pie I got mozzarella must cost $8,000 a pound because they seem to dispense it by the sliver.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 01:10:24 PM »
There's never enough cheese. Especially on pizza. Judging by the last pie I got mozzarella must cost $8,000 a pound because they seem to dispense it by the sliver.

Brad

You misspelled pepperoni.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 03:19:54 PM »
Just had a jalapeno smoked sausage on a bun with wasabi brown mustard... it was awesome.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 04:01:05 PM »
Just had a jalapeno smoked sausage on a bun with wasabi brown mustard... it was awesome.

No cheese?

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 04:27:17 PM »
Earl Campbell's Hot & Cheddar. All the pig lips, cow bungholes, and chikkin entrails you could ever want in a single, delicious treat.

Likely not a single nameable cut of meat in them but they're darned tasty. Heat in the microwave or a few minutes on the grill, wrap in a warm tortilla, and enjoy with a side of good ol' yeller musterd.

Brad
-HankB

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2018, 04:50:51 PM »
Earl Campbell's Hot & Cheddar. All the pig lips, cow bungholes, and chikkin entrails you could ever want in a single, delicious treat.

Likely not a single nameable cut of meat in them but they're darned tasty. Heat in the microwave or a few minutes on the grill, wrap in a warm tortilla, and enjoy with a side of good ol' yeller musterd.

I've had the Earl Campbell hot links before (I think they were red) without cheese.  They don't sell 'em around here, but I bought some when I was in Houston.  Made with only the cheapest cuts of alleged meat.  They were quite tasty :)

I should check walmart.com -- lot's of good regional foods are available online and they deliver to your local store.
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2018, 05:15:42 PM »
No cheese?

No cheese in it or on it

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2018, 05:56:38 PM »
It's dairy invigorating!"

Ok, that was pretty good.  :laugh:

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2018, 07:14:26 PM »
Enough with the cheese already, folks. There's enough cheese.
Go home fistful.  You're drunk.