Author Topic: No Chick-Fil-A in June  (Read 7419 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: No Chick-Fil-A in June
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 11:41:47 PM »
Turns out Tuesday evening is the monthly meeting of my state's gun rights organization. I plan to attend, and with a minor detour I can take a route that goes past one of the few Chick-fil-As in my state. So I guess I know what I'm having for supper on Tuesday evening.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 11:53:33 PM »
Went to grab some grub near Chick-fil-a last Saturday... They had a line of cars out of the parking lot and down the street. Was wondering what was going on.... Will have to swing through sometime this month.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2018, 12:26:53 AM »
No restaurants in my areas, but I ate there weekly while at my parents. 

Now, I like popeye's spicy chicken and can't stand KFC anymore, but I love Chick's spicy grilled chicken. 

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2018, 06:09:07 AM »
Went to grab some grub near Chick-fil-a last Saturday... They had a line of cars out of the parking lot and down the street. Was wondering what was going on.... Will have to swing through sometime this month.

Here's what was going on.....They were open. ;)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2018, 07:24:48 AM »
Cough*diet*Cough

I didn't say it was going to. I said it could.

And, as long as I plan for it and count it, I can have it. But I'm not going to spin in a full day's calories in one drink
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2018, 07:29:21 AM »
I've eaten at Jesus Chicken a couple of times.

Meh.

I like their political stand, but their chicken is run of the mill to me.

Next time try their grilled club. Skinless with bacon. You have to add mayo or mustard to your liking. They come dry. Damn good. IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2018, 08:34:36 AM »
And, as long as I plan for it and count it, I can have it. But I'm not going to spin in a full day's calories in one drink

Bike to CFA.

A couple towns over.

While carrying a week's worth of camping gear.

Serious touring cyclists can burn well over 8000 calories a day on major climbs.  All those "cycling burns x calories per mile" claims assume you're on a dead flat road with no wind, and not carrying 40-100 pounds of extra weight.  I can't keep up with the racers that are counting grams every time they make a change to their bikes, but throw my regular commute load on one of them and they'll drop out in a couple miles, and that's not even a quarter of what I did 73 miles with to test out the trailer.  (Granted, counting an hour nap in the heat of the day, and another hour recovering from what was likely a near miss with heatstroke, it took me literally all day to do it - started about an hour before sunrise to beat some of the heat, and needed my lights for about 20 minutes at the end - but it was a longer-than-usual day's ride by loaded touring standards to make sure I could cross some of the bigger gaps between Texas towns.)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2018, 09:56:17 AM »
How about I just not go to Jesus Chicken at all?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2018, 09:57:13 AM »

Heathen.

:laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2018, 10:13:44 AM »

Nah, just walk to one in Pennsylvania with a 70 lbs of rocks in rucksack on your back.  Then you can have the small peach shake.  If you do the walk with 100 lbs in your ruck, you can have a medium.  

If you want a large shake, you'll also have to carry two kitty litter buckets filled with rocks.

;/ ;/ ;/ :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:55:19 PM by Amy Schumer »

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2018, 11:19:19 AM »
Heathen.

:laugh:

You know what kinda guys don't go to Chick-Fil-A, right? Right? Nudge-nudge, wink-wink, know what I mean, know what I mean?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2018, 11:29:04 AM »

You know what kinda guys don't go to Chick-Fil-A, right? Right? Nudge-nudge, wink-wink, know what I mean, know what I mean?

Yeah, guys who:

A. Aren't that impressed with their chicken.

B. Don't buy the Jesus Chicken Posturing bullshit from the right any more than they buy the Hateful, Intolerant Christboys bullshit from the left.

C. Are better cooks than the vaguely minimum wage counter monkeys.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2018, 11:59:00 AM »

Yeah, guys who:

A. Aren't that impressed with their chicken.

B. Don't buy the Jesus Chicken Posturing bullshit from the right any more than they buy the Hateful, Intolerant Christboys bullshit from the left.

C. Are better cooks than the vaguely minimum wage counter monkeys.

You do protest rather flamboyantly.  :P

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2018, 02:34:10 PM »
I would just say this about the CFA stores I have been to:
1.  They are not understaffed.
2.  The employees are generally better dressed and better behaved.
3.  The stores are cleaner than most.
4.  They generally get orders out in a reasonable time considering how busy they are. 
5.  The only Christian stuff I have ever heard directly from them is about staying closed on Sunday.  IMO, the secondary benefit is they probably get the best store managers as ALL fast food managers love having one guaranteed day off each week. 
6.  IMO, it is the Left that makes the Christian thing seem a whole lot bigger than it actually is.  Their constant noise about it is what polarizes the whole thing.  Just the idea that some leftist would drive up to a drive-thru window to lecture a fast food worker is just insane. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2018, 02:39:48 PM »
The employees are also much better paid then other fast food workers.   So they hire the cream of the crop.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2018, 02:45:12 PM »
I would just say this about the CFA stores I have been to:
1.  They are not understaffed.
2.  The employees are generally better dressed and better behaved.
3.  The stores are cleaner than most.
4.  They generally get orders out in a reasonable time considering how busy they are.  
5.  The only Christian stuff I have ever heard directly from them is about staying closed on Sunday.  IMO, the secondary benefit is they probably get the best store managers as ALL fast food managers love having one guaranteed day off each week.  
6.  IMO, it is the Left that makes the Christian thing seem a whole lot bigger than it actually is.  Their constant noise about it is what polarizes the whole thing.  Just the idea that some leftist would drive up to a drive-thru window to lecture a fast food worker is just insane.  

On top of that CFA only allows the franchisee to own 1 store, in very, very rare instances does it allow them to own more than one.

https://www.columbian.com/news/2018/jun/07/chick-fil-a-franchise-more-difficult-to-get-into-than-harvard/

ETA:
Quote from: From Link Above
Carrie Kurlander, vice president of public relations for Chick-Fil-A, said the Georgia-based chain receives more than 40,000 inquires per year from people interested in becoming restaurant operators (the company’s term for “franchisee”). After filling out an initial “expression of interest” online, they complete a formal, written application. From there, the company conducts a series of recorded, live video and in-person interviews with applicants, taking past business experience and leadership skills into consideration.

The chain opens 100 to 115 new restaurants a year, Kurlander said, and operators typically run one restaurant each. The company runs more than 2,200 restaurants in 47 states, and the average restaurant makes more than $4 million in annual sales.

Again: that’s 40,000 people who hope to become operators, and roughly 100 to 115 who make it through. To compare, of Harvard’s 42,749 applicants for the school’s incoming freshman class, it admitted 1,962.

“We are very intentional with our selection process as we believe this model is the key to ensuring our customers receive the best care and experience possible,” Kurlander said.

Operators pay an initial $10,000 fee to be “granted the rights necessary to operate a franchised Chick-fil-A,” according to the company website. That’s compared to other fast-food chains where franchisees can invest hundreds of thousands, even millions, of dollars to open a restaurant, industry experts said.

Still, when they’re approved, operators don’t have ownership over the land or restaurant itself. The company pays all startup costs including real estate, construction and equipment. Operators may not own other outside businesses.

“The reason why it’s only $10,000 is because Chick-Fil-A controls everything,” said Joel Libava, a consultant in franchises. “You can call yourself a franchisee, but you’re an operator.”
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2018, 04:01:04 PM »
I hope all this attention prompts them to build a few more in my area. Food is alright and I get paid to inspect their earthwork and slabs. Win for me.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2018, 06:12:27 PM »
On top of that CFA only allows the franchisee to own 1 store, in very, very rare instances does it allow them to own more than one.

And I suspect they're fairly picky about the operator actually being personally involved, at least in the sense of getting their butt into the store on a regular basis.  I've seen a lot of chain businesses go down the toilet because of franchisees who own a dozen or more stores scattered over a couple hundred miles, and may set foot in a given store once a quarter, if that, and always on the same shift. 

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2018, 06:38:33 PM »
I love my Jesus chicken, mainly because they and Panera seem to be the only fast joints that don't douse their salads with preservatives. At least the only two that don't make me explosively ill..

But, I hate the whole "can I have a name for your order?" It is hugely inefficient and matters not when they deliver your food based on a colored marker they give you. But fear not, solutions! My dad picks random biblical names. I am partial to Mohammed or Achmed properly coughed out. Sure to make someone nervous.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2018, 06:44:38 PM »
I love my Jesus chicken, mainly because they and Panera seem to be the only fast joints that don't douse their salads with preservatives. At least the only two that don't make me explosively ill..

But Panera has the dreaded, self-order kiosks, so we must hate them.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2018, 09:16:01 PM »
Attempted a CFA run this evening with our trip to the table top gaming place.  No dice.  You literally couldn't get into the parking lot.  All the spaces were full and the drive thru line snaked around the building to the road.  At 8:00 pm  :O

I really want to believe at least a handful of those are "You're not the boss of me!" buys.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Scout26

• friend

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2018, 10:18:16 PM »

Get the Cobb salad, swap the chicken for steak, or add steak, Thai dressing. Best store salad. Second best is the CFA market salad, swap in crispy chicken for the grilled. Throw diet out window because waffle fries. Stay for the cookies and cream shake.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2018, 10:19:53 PM »

All of them around here are posted ''No guns"

*expletive deleted*ck a bunch of Panera.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2018, 12:18:20 AM »
All of them around here are posted ''No guns"

*expletive deleted*ck a bunch of Panera.

Not here. Also, here, they're called St. Louis Bread Co.