Author Topic: No Chick-Fil-A in June  (Read 7414 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: No Chick-Fil-A in June
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2018, 10:21:25 AM »
I love my Jesus chicken, mainly because they and Panera seem to be the only fast joints that don't douse their salads with preservatives. At least the only two that don't make me explosively ill..

But, I hate the whole "can I have a name for your order?" It is hugely inefficient and matters not when they deliver your food based on a colored marker they give you. But fear not, solutions! My dad picks random biblical names. I am partial to Mohammed or Achmed properly coughed out. Sure to make someone nervous.
I have used Nigel Tufnil before.  Spinal Tap is getting older and older though.  Inside jokes aren't so good when they are all the way inside the back of the basement under the storage boxes. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2018, 10:30:42 AM »
I have used Nigel Tufnil before.  Spinal Tap is getting older and older though.  Inside jokes aren't so good when they are all the way inside the back of the basement under the storage boxes. 

I always use the last name of "Donner" when making reservations....just to see if anyone "gets" it.   Teenage hostesses, not so much.  50+ yo gentleman also waiting for a table:  Busts out laughing when said teenage hostess announces "Donner, party of six, your table is ready"
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2018, 12:59:10 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/31790/left-declares-war-homophobic-chicken-sandwiches-ben-shapiro
The Daily Wire piece is a response to this article:
When I wasn’t fantasizing about grease [in waffle fries], I was spending my young swishy days doing a really shi**y job of hiding my insatiable hunger for other boys....

So you can imagine how upsetting it was for me when Chick-fil-A’s president, Dan Cathy, proudly came out as a homophobe [sic] in 2012 by claiming, “We are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’ and I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about. Even worse, the company put its money where Cathy’s vile mouth was...”

In the middle of what they call "pride month," this guy is so blinkered that he can accuse someone else of being proud. Not proud of having sex with other boys, but merely being "proud" to hold the same view of gender roles in marriage that everyone else has had for the past umpteen-thousand years. The latter is not just a different viewpoint, to the writer. It's "vile."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2018, 09:51:52 PM »
I did my part. I skipped the meeting Tuesday night, so Wednesday evening I fired up the Jeep and made the trek to the nearest Chick-fil-A. I had never been to one before, so in addition to wanting to make my little statement, I was also, frankly, curious. This one has only been open for a year, or maybe less. It doesn't show up in the satellite views in either Google maps or Mapquest.

The place was clean, the young lady behind the counter was pleasant and spoke good English. The place was maybe half full, at 7:30 p.m. on a Wednesday. My order was delivered in probably less time than I usually stand around waiting for it at McDonald's or Burger King. The chicken sandwich was okay. Bun was fresh, lettuce wasn't totally wilted, chicken breast was too seasoned for my taste. But ... the waffle fries were to die for.

All in all, I doubt I'll make another special trip to eat there (although I might if I can do it before the end of the month), but if I'm near one I'll stop there rather than a McBurgerKingWendy's joint.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2018, 11:08:40 PM »
Yea,  I bought my lunch at CFA today -- first time in years.  Spicy chicken sandwich and waffle fries.

Going back on diet tomorrow.  :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2018, 11:31:09 PM »
You people are literally killing GLBTQWERTYs with every bite you take!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2018, 11:38:53 PM »

Collateral damage.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2018, 06:49:53 AM »

Really? OK, I guess it's time to eat at Jesus Chicken.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2018, 07:25:31 AM »

So the chicken is really people?  Gay people?   :P
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2018, 07:38:25 AM »
So the chicken is really people?  Gay people?   :P

Soylent Fabulous.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2018, 08:39:29 AM »
Soylent Fabulous.

Soylent all the colors of the rainbow.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2022, 09:50:46 AM »
So how many times do you plan on eating at  CFA this month?

If you can give up Chick-fil-A for Pride Month, you can give it up for the rest of your life.

— Jack Cocchiarella (@JDCocchiarella) June 4, 2022
https://twitchy.com/foundersgirl-313133/2022/06/04/give-up-chick-fil-a-for-a-month-honey-no-the-chick-fil-a-pride-is-strong/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2022, 10:17:30 AM »
It just cracks me up that CFA is generally a place that I am fine eating at, or not. Yet every time they do this *expletive deleted*it, I get a massive craving for CFA.  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2022, 10:24:31 AM »
Same here.
I rarely eat there since there's a couple of other places I like better but when they (the left) start this crap up again I suddenly want CFA
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2022, 11:20:33 AM »
Same here.
I rarely eat there since there's a couple of other places I like better but when they (the left) start this crap up again I suddenly want CFA
Same here . . . same with a LOT of people. Where CFA is concerned, the alphabet people who demand boycotts usually prompt the opposite - buycotts.  :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2022, 12:55:14 PM »
It just cracks me up that CFA is generally a place that I am fine eating at, or not. Yet every time they do this *expletive deleted*it, I get a massive craving for CFA.  :rofl:

Same here.

There's a CFA a mile or so up the road from the office I now work in part-time. I guess I'll have to brave the traffic a couple of times this month and make the trek to CFA for lunch -- or stop for supper after work.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2022, 01:43:18 PM »
Same here.

I consider Chick-Fil-A to be reasonably good for fast food I don't make a habit of eating there partly because the nearest one is 20 miles away. I think I'll make a point of eating there at least once in June.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2022, 01:46:30 PM »
I would love to see stats to see if their business actually increases in June
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2022, 04:39:28 PM »
I've not had Jesus Chikin since... early 2020... right around the time the world went to hell and my previous job gave me my walking papers. Matter of fact, my stopping at Jesus Chikin might have been to celebrate that I was being cut loose from that job. Jesus I hated that place, but anywho...

There's one literally 1/3rd of a mile from my house and I have never been to it.

But... I think I need to participate in the buycott...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2022, 08:45:56 PM »
Nearest is 1.5 hours away, without traffic slowdowns.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2022, 09:22:13 PM »
Nearest is 1.5 hours away, without traffic slowdowns.

Take the whole family on a Saturday or Sunday.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2022, 09:24:53 PM »

Make it Saturday.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2022, 09:28:09 PM »
I consider Chick-Fil-A to be reasonably good for fast food I don't make a habit of eating there partly because the nearest one is 20 miles away. I think I'll make a point of eating there at least once in June.

I texted my boss and suggested we all do lunch at CFA as often as possible this month -- and I told him why.

Response?

"I'm in!"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2022, 09:29:55 PM »

Closed on Sunday.
The left has actually attacked them for it.

Ironic isn't it? the left wants them closed but attacks them for being closed on Sunday.
- Calvin and Hobbes