Author Topic: Helsinki -- Just WOW!  (Read 6856 times)

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Helsinki -- Just WOW!
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2018, 09:05:23 PM »
Yes, since the server was never examined by the FBI.

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-new-report-raises-big-questions-about-last-years-dnc-hack/

https://theforensicator.wordpress.com/page/1/

So do you think Coats and Wray and Pompeo and the senate intelligence committee and the house intelligence committee that concurred with the ICA are just going along with 'the Russia thing' to not upset anyone? Or do they not know any better or what?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2018, 10:56:44 PM »
So do you think Coats and Wray and Pompeo and the senate intelligence committee and the house intelligence committee that concurred with the ICA are just going along with 'the Russia thing' to not upset anyone? Or do they not know any better or what?
So do you have evidence that says they are right?  Those intelligence agencies never actually investigated it themselves.  Last I heard, there was evidence it may have been done by Russian hackers.  I didn't see anything about it being a state sponsored hack.  Plus, Obama ridiculed candidate Trump for suggesting that anyone could hack a US Presidential election.  It seemed to me the "hack" was not very sophisticated and was something a high profile group like the DNC should be prepared for on a daily basis.

Right now the whole thing is a questionable mess that the media and some Democrats are trying to use to attack Trump.  IMO, they are deliberately confusing the facts to avoid any resolution that might take away the weapon they are currently using.  As soon as something else surfaces that they think they can use against Trump, this will be abandoned and they will switch to the new talking points.  

https://youtu.be/UXpRswM-tzc?t=2m10s
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:09:48 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2018, 11:32:57 PM »
I will put this here since I am not sure it warrants a new thread. 
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/exposed-peter-strzok-grew-up-in-iran-worked-as-obama-and-brennans-envoy-to-iranian-regime/
Peter Strzok Grew Up In Iran, Worked As Obama and Brennan’s Envoy To Iranian Regime

Sure seems like all these guys seem to run together. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2018, 09:19:31 AM »
So do you have evidence that says they are right?  
No, I don't think anyone here is going to have any evidence, ultimately it comes down to taking someone's word. Not trusting Brennan and Comey on this is perfectly reasonable to me. It still doesn't explain why I should ignore all the other (more trustworthy) people that say the same thing, people that Trump appointed and people in congress who support him. Why take the word of Putin, Assange, and some anonymous bloggers instead? And again what does that mean about Coats, Wray & Pompeo - are they deep state too or just useful idiots in this?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2018, 09:33:49 AM »
hy take the word of Putin, Assange, and some anonymous bloggers instead?
I wouldn't lump Assange in with the others... he hasn't put out anything that isn't 100% true.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2018, 09:45:07 AM »
I wouldn't lump Assange in with the others... he hasn't put out anything that isn't 100% true.

Ok to be fair to Assange in this respect, I think he has only denied that they got the documents from Russia. I'm not sure he has weighed in on whether Russia hacked the DNC and I'm not sure his opinion would carry much weight on that anyway - how/why would he know? It is certainly possible for Russia to have hacked the DNC and then used an intermediary to deliver the documents to wikileaks so he would have been telling the truth.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2018, 10:45:09 AM »
snip..... what does that mean about Coats, Wray & Pompeo - are they deep state too or just useful idiots in this?

Those are not mutually exclusive conditions.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2018, 05:33:53 PM »
It still doesn't explain why I should ignore all the other (more trustworthy) people that say the same thing, people that Trump appointed and people in congress who support him. Why take the word of Putin, Assange, and some anonymous bloggers instead? And again what does that mean about Coats, Wray & Pompeo - are they deep state too or just useful idiots in this?

But the top people don't do any investigating themselves. They get their information from the line-level troops, and those ARE "deep state."

Didn't Colin Powell acknowledge that he was lied to when he pitched the "weapons of mass destruction" when advocating in favor of invading Iraq? It's not that Coats, Wray, and/or Pompeo are liars, it's simply that we have no assurance that they have been given valid information -- and good reason to suspect that they have NOT been given valid information.

In other words ... yes, they are useful idiots.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2018, 08:51:59 AM »
While is spent my career in the IT field, I’m no expert on hacking.  All that being said...

It would seem to be very easy to believe that that any state actor could leave a false flag “footprint” (if any) behind during or after a cyber attack.  I recall news articles about this very process just as this whole goat rodeo was brewing. 

Our intelligence apparatus seems to be particularly adept and swallowing camels and straining at gnats.  We are supposed to believe the same bureaucracy that spawned Strzok, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Comey, Lynch, et endless cetera?  Who can be absolutely Clouseau-like when presented with clear intel on the FL high-school shooter and the Tsarnaev brothers?  Really?  When the political stakes are this high?

Nope, nope... nope.  We indicted those Russkies for something, let’s present the evidence, go thru discovery, and try ‘em.  If we don’t, than this is all political theater by the Deep State.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.