Author Topic: Maxine Waters Supporters  (Read 969 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Maxine Waters Supporters
« on: July 20, 2018, 11:13:26 AM »
So Oathkeepers aside, their protest didn't materialize, but Maxine Waters supporters held a counter-protest anyway that involved this:

At some point during the protest, a vehicle with an American flag on the back approached and was stopped by the crowd.

Some protesters opened the car doors while others grabbed the flag as the vehicle drove off.

The flag was then stepped on and set ablaze as someone stoked the flames. A few people cheered and someone yelled, "This is not the American flag, this is their flag."

No one was injured and police made no arrests.

I'm wondering at what point the police might have stepped in. With all the protestors yelling "black power", this had Reginald Denny potential written all over it. I read two different versions of this. One had the flag outside the vehicle, the other said the flag was inside the vehicle. Anyway, once the vehicle was forcibly stopped and the doors were opened, it's, "I feared for my life and safety and acted accordingly, your Honor" time.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/19/counterprotesters-burn-american-flag-outside-office-maxine-waters.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: Maxine Waters Supporters
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 07:14:39 PM »
I would try VERY hard to avoid one of these crowds - backing up, making a U-turn, taking a side street, whatever I possibly could do.

But I don't understand how an attempt to forcibly open the doors of an occupied vehicle would NOT prompt the driver to keep the car in gear and press the gas pedal to the floor, making use of his 4000 lb battering ram . . . pedestrians, even the threatening, violent type, make for a squishy barricade.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 08:53:01 PM »
I would try VERY hard to avoid one of these crowds - backing up, making a U-turn, taking a side street, whatever I possibly could do.

But I don't understand how an attempt to forcibly open the doors of an occupied vehicle would NOT prompt the driver to keep the car in gear and press the gas pedal to the floor, making use of his 4000 lb battering ram . . . pedestrians, even the threatening, violent type, make for a squishy barricade.

One you get away, don't make a U-turn to come back and run them over again just for fun.  :angel:  Judges hate that.
"It's good, though..."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 09:28:31 PM »
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.