Author Topic: Another angle on the NYT's new racist writer  (Read 1130 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Another angle on the NYT's new racist writer
« on: August 10, 2018, 02:07:12 PM »
I don't think we have a Sarah Jeong thread, yet. I guess that's how normal anti-white racism has become. It's just expected.

This article/diatribe/rant is not the most succinct, but it does shed new light on the subject. It's mostly the second half that talks about Jeong.

https://medium.com/@therealsexycyborg/shenzhen-tech-girl-naomi-wu-my-experience-with-sarah-jeong-jason-koebler-and-vice-magazine-3f4a32fda9b5

The gist of all the she-said/she-said is that this Chinese tech vlogger accuses Vice of outing her as (I presume) a lesbian, despite assurances they would not. Love does not win in China, apparently. Controversy ensues. Then Sarah Jeong enlists to help smooth over the issue. Allegedly, she misled Vice's Western audience, throwing a homosexual Asian woman under the bus. Or the tank, it being China.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Another angle on the NYT's new racist writer
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 02:44:18 PM »
If the story is true, it fits with the leftist worldview perfectly:

This poor little rube, I know what's best for her and her fears and concerns are not really worth paying attention to, because, once again, I am here to help her and know what's best. And, besides, even IF she does suffer some consequences, it's for the greater good. Some other, future Chinese lesbians will be better off once we ruin this one.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:33:49 PM »
Vice is and unscrupulous tabloid agency and Jeong is a raging twunt... how is any of this a surprise to anyone?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »
I've been following this for a bit, as I would occasionally watch her YouTube channel.

The Medium article is a pretty good representation of what happened.  Vice didn't see an issue with what they wanted to publish, and basically, after the visit, told here she could comment or not, but they were going to mention it to be complete.  Vice were arrogant aholes.

Sarah Jeong was a vindictive weapon.  She's an American, claiming understanding she does not have of a culture she is not a pert of to make money.  As such she can't afford to let her advice to her white friends be proven mistaken.  

FWIW, Vice didn't out her as a Lesbian, they outed her as (maybe) married. The Reddit theory they allude to is that she's married to a white guy in tech that helps her out.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic