Author Topic: Two Police Officers Suspended After Posting Video of Denver Mayor’s Son  (Read 1058 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08/two-police-officers-suspended-after-posting-video-of-mayors-son-hurling-vile-threats-at-cops-video/

Two Aurora police officers have been suspended for leaking bodycam footage of the Denver mayor’s son spouting vulgar slurs at an officer who stopped him for speeding.

Aurora Police Officer Paul McClendon initiated a traffic stop on 22-year-old Jordan Hancock at about 7:47 a.m. on March 23 after the son of Denver Mayor Michael Hancock clocked in at 65 mph in a 40 mph zone, KDVR reported.

Part of the outrageous video was leaked to the public in May, and it was so bad that the mayor of Denver had to issue a public apology on behalf of his son.

I am not sure if any of you are local to the Denver area.  This looked interesting.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Paid leave? Nice! Good job men! LMAO
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
Why were they suspended? Isn't body cam footage public record and subject to disclosure anyway?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Why were they suspended? Isn't body cam footage public record and subject to disclosure anyway?

I believe an individual officer leaked it before it was approved by the proper party and/or procedure. I can see a suspension for that.

The kid was one of my most hated jackass types. The, "Do you know who I am?" jackass. That still doesn't excuse a break in protocol. Not that I didn't get some joy out of seeing it leaked. A cop should take getting cussed at with a smile on his face while issuing a ticket. That's just part of the job. "Do you know who I am?" and "My dad will fire your ass!" are not part of the job. I'd actually be good with tasing for those people.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Kind of makes me wish more city homes had woodsheds in the back yard.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
This is one reason why several "civil rights" groups are demanding that police cameras be removed.  It is showing that the police, for the most part, aren't the racist, bigoted. trigger happy, minority shooters as they are portrayed and accused of being.  But instead it shows them dealing with self-entitled jackasses mostly, and dangerous people who refuse to comply and end up getting tasered and/or shot.  Mostly because they are armed, and/or on drugs, and and/or self-entitled jackasses.

And I thought that the body cam footage was supposed to be public record, so that we, the public, can see for ourselves how are police forces are behaving.  I'm tired of "we can't release this because it might be embarrassing to Politician X".  Which to me is all the more reason for it to be released.  

Transparency and all that.  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 12:08:23 AM by Amy Schumer »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
They said the traffic stop happened on March 23rd.  The video was made public in May.  I figure the officer was just making sure the video didn't disappear.  I didn't hear anyone say if the ticket disappeared or not. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=Qyvp7gXzZYY
This was posted in the comments.  Looks like the kid is just all kinds of trouble.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
"Cut me a switch, Jordan."