Author Topic: "Cultural Sensitivity"  (Read 3409 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: "Cultural Sensitivity"
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2018, 11:07:43 PM »
In my 10th grade Latin class, our teacher had been a standout softball player when she was in high school and college. She didn't threaten to throw things ... if someone in class got a bit too "rambunctious," she just let fly with a piece of chalk, and almost always hit them square in the forehead. It was all in good fun, and we loved her for it.

Today, I suppose if a teacher did that she'd be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.
Tales from my youth . . .
Elementary Parochial school.
Nuns.
Nun threw an eraser at a kid, then turned back to the board. Kid threw the eraser back, nailed her between the shoulder blades. White chalk dust mark on black habit. Much hilarity ensued.

Different class. Different nun. Nun threw eraser at kid, who ducked. Eraser hit the girl sitting behind him. Nun started screeching at him for ducking. Again, much hilarity.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2018, 11:14:55 PM »
"Nuns"

Heh, heh. My high school wasn't a parochial school but that Latin teacher went on to become a nun. Sister Aloicious, or some such totally contrived and counter-intuitive name.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2018, 11:53:23 PM »
"Nuns"

Heh, heh. My high school wasn't a parochial school but that Latin teacher went on to become a nun. Sister Aloicious, or some such totally contrived and counter-intuitive name.

Uh, I believe they choose the name of a particular saint, if that's what you mean.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2018, 12:27:52 AM »
Uh, I believe they choose the name of a particular saint, if that's what you mean.

Understood, but she's the only nun I ever met who took the name of a male saint.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2018, 08:12:12 AM »
Including Sister Mary Elephant?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2018, 09:41:09 AM »
Tales from my youth . . .
Elementary Parochial school.
Nuns.
Nun threw an eraser at a kid, then turned back to the board. Kid threw the eraser back, nailed her between the shoulder blades. White chalk dust mark on black habit. Much hilarity ensued.

Different class. Different nun. Nun threw eraser at kid, who ducked. Eraser hit the girl sitting behind him. Nun started screeching at him for ducking. Again, much hilarity.
We would have probably respected her for it also.  And it would be fine until her aim was off and she hit a kid in the eye.  I can think of similar one-time events, but never a teacher that did it a lot.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »
Including Sister Mary Elephant?

SHUT UP!!!!!  (Far out)  Thank you.
"It's good, though..."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2018, 01:48:39 AM »
So you had a gay Latin teacher?

=D

You culturally insensitive racist bigot.  That's Lesbian Latin Teacher.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 08:46:55 AM »
You culturally insensitive racist bigot.  That's Lesbian Latin Teacher.   

I've seen that video.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?